Travis

Gigs in Scotland
GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 3:57 PM Quote
My big brother promised to take me to see a Travis concert the next time they play in Scotland (cos I'm from Glasgow) but it's been too long for me so I'm just asking if anyone knows about any upcoming concerts anywhere in Scotland, please tell me. Thanks.

Re: Gigs in Scotland
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 4:31 PM Quote
I of course know nothing but I've heard people mention that the rumor is that they'll play some more UK and European dates in the fall. Hope you can catch them soon. Have you ever seen them live?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
They've played in Scotland 6 or 7 times since March- where have you been!? Lol

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 5:09 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I of course know nothing but I've heard people mention that the rumor is that they'll play some more UK and European dates in the fall. Hope you can catch them soon. Have you ever seen them live?

nope. all my friends are into lots of hard rock and heavy metal, so i could never get them to go see a gig with me.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 5:11 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

just look at the reason i gave weirdmominaustin

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 5:20 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Ach just turn up on your own! Tons of people do that at Travis gigs (inc. me) and we just meet all the Boardies. We had a fantastic day at the Barrowlands in May. I went on my own and by the end of the night i'd made loads of new friends.

So don't be afraid. Travis fans are the best. I've yet to meet a Travis fan (at a gig) that i haven't got on well with :)

KT Tunstall's playing in November, and i can also recommend Dodgy, also in November. That's if there's no more Travis gigs for a while, but we live in hope!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 5:42 PM Quote
I've been to concerts by myself before and it's fine. It's fun to share the experience with someone you know but at the same time it's like a movie, you're not really talking so what does it matter who you're with? Yeah, don't let your friend's taste stop you. Hope you don't have to wait too long to see them.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 5:42 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
GotChrist wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Ach just turn up on your own! Tons of people do that at Travis gigs (inc. me) and we just meet all the Boardies. We had a fantastic day at the Barrowlands in May. I went on my own and by the end of the night i'd made loads of new friends.

So don't be afraid. Travis fans are the best. I've yet to meet a Travis fan (at a gig) that i haven't got on well with :)

KT Tunstall's playing in November, and i can also recommend Dodgy, also in November. That's if there's no more Travis gigs for a while, but we live in hope!

i wasn't always the best at meeting new people but what the hell. ive still got to see the next travis gig with my brother though because we made a promise on that.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 5:44 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I've been to concerts by myself before and it's fine. It's fun to share the experience with someone you know but at the same time it's like a movie, you're not really talking so what does it matter who you're with? Yeah, don't let your friend's taste stop you. Hope you don't have to wait too long to see them.

i hope i don't have to wait long either, but knowing my luck i probably will

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 5:53 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:

Just stay on top of their schedule and you'll get something figured out. And if you don't want to meet new people because you get nervous, you can just stand there. It's not like people expect anything other than that! And hopefully your brother will keep his promise. If not, you can try and get Paul_C to come with you. He's tall and can power through the crowds to get to the front where you need to be. Actually, Paul, can you come to Austin next week and be my crowd control point man? I'll even buy your concert ticket. Heck, I'll even throw in a beer. : )

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 6:03 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
GotChrist wrote:

Just stay on top of their schedule and you'll get something figured out. And if you don't want to meet new people because you get nervous, you can just stand there. It's not like people expect anything other than that! And hopefully your brother will keep his promise. If not, you can try and get Paul_C to come with you. He's tall and can power through the crowds to get to the front where you need to be. Actually, Paul, can you come to Austin next week and be my crowd control point man? I'll even buy your concert ticket. Heck, I'll even throw in a beer. : )

ah well, i suppose you're right. thanks.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 7:20 PM Quote
if the gigs are in december i will be going on my own (cos my daughter cant get time of in december cos she is a chief) and will be going to the barras if Travis are there, i plan to met the boardies i talk to here, so its the same for me, meeting people i have never met in the 'flesh' but from past experience its great meeting new boardies

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:42 PM