Travis

TWT a question
Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 5:40 PM Quote
will we on this board like some others have a list of useres that are currently logged in? i tAke it we dont but it wud b a cool feature if we cud

Re: TWT a question
Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 5:41 PM Quote
well done with the board too youve dun a great job

Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:25 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:
will we on this board like some others have a list of useres that are currently logged in? i tAke it we dont but it wud b a cool feature if we cud

Hi, thanks for your comments about the new boards.

Re: curretnly logged in userlist, that is something that we could probably put in place around this system, if it was wanted. When this has come up before we've usually had an equal amount of protests from people who like to lurk?

Andrew
Andrew Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:27 PM Quote
I'd be very much against it and as TWT say I think there's probably a majority think the same. We all have our inner lurker sometimes

Of course you could try and find out from more people if you were serious about wanting such a feature

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:39 PM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:

Hi, thanks for your comments about the new boards.

Re: curretnly logged in userlist, that is something that we could probably put in place around this system, if it was wanted. When this has come up before we've usually had an equal amount of protests from people who like to lurk?

In theory I would be against this too. But if there was an option such as "hide online status" then I wouldn't be too fussed.

another question TWT
Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:40 PM Quote
i can understand in some ways why most would be against it for example if members of travis were lurking but didnt wish to post. i like the new tour archive, u will notice ive uploaded pics of me with travis at boyrnemouth is it ok now to upload images taken with band members?

californiagirl
californiagirl Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:50 PM Quote
I'm neither for or against this but I know that on another board users can opt in to showing that they're online or not.

Something to ponder...

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 7:01 PM Quote
Against definately ...I sometimes like to lurk , especially if I dont feel like chatting and would not want to appear rude. Have noticed when I log on to the web I am automatically logged in so that feature would conflict with a choose to be offline button...Just an observation :)

mayfly
mayfly Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 7:09 PM Quote
Noway!!
No Big Brother!!
No!! No!! No!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 7:21 PM Quote
Perhaps an option in your profile could exist where the ability to be "identified" when logged on could be toggled on and off?

Or perhaps a general message at the bottom of the messageboard could state how many people are online, without giving specific names?

Trixi
Trixi Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 9:48 PM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:

I wouldn't want it either :-/

I DON'T WANT IT!!!
harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 9:50 PM Quote

this is good enough, who give as rat's left nad who is and who isn't on at any given time. it's silly. let's keep this new board at least somewhat different from the countless other sites out there.

not a dig at new TWT i DO like this board so let it as is.

*calms down*

thanks

haz
xxx

elfy
elfy Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
Nah, I like lurking. Sometimes you just can't be arsed actually posting and if people can see you're online you feel kinda obliged.

Why do you need to know who's online anyway?

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
agree, to it is non-information who is online and who is not. To me it makes no difference to know.

Complements on the new and improved board though! awesome

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:00 PM