http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/AbsolutPurple/untitled.jpg

Re: Summer food
Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 6:25 PM Quote
Me hun hun in zin

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 6:35 PM Quote
woah, haha, mussels and fries. never seen that before, but i like both so there's nothing wrong with it.

last night i ate durian cake, which was basically regular cake, but with chunks of delicious, mushy durian inside. and this morning i had toast and gooey eggs!! they were both delicious :) and i consider them to be more on the specialty side. :D

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 6:48 PM Quote
here's the recipe for Mussels & fries :

8 servings 45 min 5 min prep

3 1/2 lbs mussels
2 ounces unsalted butter
1 onion, chopped
2 ounces dry white wine
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
mustard (to serve)
mayonnaise (to serve)

Wash and clean the mussels.
Discard any that are open and do not close when tapped sharply.
Take a large lidded pan that will hold all the mussels.
Add the mussels, butter, onion, white wine and half the parsley.
Put over a high heat.
Cover and cook until they are all open, removing the lid to turn the mussels occasionally.
When they are all open remove from the heat and set aside for about 30 minutes to let any grit settle to the bottom of the pan.
Scoop out the mussels with a large slotted spoon and divide between four plates.
Pour all the juices from the pan over the mussels, holding back the last tbsp or so.
Sprinkle the remaining parsley over the mussels and serve with mayonaise and chips.

deepi
deepi Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 6:49 PM Quote
hey purple did you try that receipe i gave you?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 6:50 PM Quote
deepi wrote:
hey purple did you try that receipe i gave you?

no yet mademoiselle - i saved it on "to cook asap" file

isma
isma Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 7:47 PM Quote
Whoa! L'appel du Ch'Nord! ;-)

Haha

isma
isma Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 7:53 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
woah, haha, mussels and fries. never seen that before, but i like both so there's nothing wrong with it.

last night i ate durian cake, which was basically regular cake, but with chunks of delicious, mushy durian inside. and this morning i had toast and gooey eggs!! they were both delicious :) and i consider them to be more on the specialty side. :D

Ooooh never seen that before ? That's a speciality in my area! . So if you come in The North of France . You'll eat this :D
We rock ;-) Lol

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:03 PM Quote
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/BobbertShreds/Ribs.jpg

With Hot sause

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:03 PM Quote
mammoth ?

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:08 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
mammoth ?

lolhahahahahaha, yeah that is a huge slab of meat. looks delicious

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:11 PM Quote
isma wrote:
alyrtle wrote:

Ooooh never seen that before ? That's a speciality in my area! . So if you come in The North of France . You'll eat this :D
We rock ;-) Lol

yeah, i hardly eat toast and eggs haha--the last time before this morning's toast and eggs was hm....possibly 3 years ago...(wow, right?) i eat more asian food than i eat western food i think, but i luurrrve both :D

isma
isma Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:15 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
isma wrote:
alyrtle wrote:

We rock ;-) Lol

yeah, i hardly eat toast and eggs haha--the last time before this morning's toast and eggs was hm....possibly 3 years ago...(wow, right?) i eat more asian food than i eat western food i think, but i luurrrve both :D

Asian food is awesome! :D

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:17 PM Quote
isma wrote:
alyrtle wrote:
isma wrote:
alyrtle wrote:

We rock ;-) Lol

Though ridiculously unhealthy...well, speaking on behalf of the chinese at least...

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 10:09 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:
isma wrote:
alyrtle wrote:
isma wrote:
alyrtle wrote:

We rock ;-) Lol

Though ridiculously unhealthy...well, speaking on behalf of the chinese at least...

haha yeah, i hardly eat chinese food, but i LOOOOVE POTSTCIKERS, omg those are the greatest. of asian foods, i eat mostly southeast asian or japanese food.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:32 AM