Travis

Drugs at festivals
Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 8:14 AM Quote
I just read that at the Roskilde Festival, they have people that usually help people to get rid of drugs helping people take drugs. Apparantly, they've realised that they can't keep people from taking it, so they're trying to avoid any deaths on that account.

Is this a good idea, or should they rather advise them to stay away from drugs? What is your opinion?

Re: Drugs at festivals
Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 10:46 AM Quote
Hmm that's a tough one. I can honestly say i've never used drugs and have no intention of ever using them. I don't think they try very hard at concerts (let alone festivals) to keep the drug use down. Why don't they just do a better security check on people when they check tickets instead of encouraging drug use?

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 10:49 AM Quote
I think its a good idea. Havent seen anything about it though

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 10:54 AM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:
Hmm that's a tough one. I can honestly say i've never used drugs and have no intention of ever using them. I don't think they try very hard at concerts (let alone festivals) to keep the drug use down. Why don't they just do a better security check on people when they check tickets instead of encouraging drug use?

They have police all over the camp site, at least the did the couple of times I was there. But still people were smoking funny tobacco and sniffing unspecified things. They must be able to smuggle it in.

I don't know what to make of it since I would never touch drugs. According to one of those drug advisors, it was a miracle that no one had died of using Fantasy yet. It can apparantly make you stop breathing if you fall asleep :oS

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:05 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Beatle Babe wrote:

They have police all over the camp site, at least the did the couple of times I was there. But still people were smoking funny tobacco and sniffing unspecified things. They must be able to smuggle it in.

I don't know what to make of it since I would never touch drugs. According to one of those drug advisors, it was a miracle that no one had died of using Fantasy yet. It can apparantly make you stop breathing if you fall asleep :oS

oh scary! i hate to think that it's just going to be made easier for people - i don't like standing in a cloud of smoke during a festival...it's even worse if it's from drugs. why should the rest of us have to suffer?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:08 AM Quote
Your NEVER going to be able to stop people from taking drugs at concerts and as for searches before you enter, u think that would work? NO WAY! The queues are long enough. Where there is a will there is a way of getting shit in. Leave them to their own devices I say ;)

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:10 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Your NEVER going to be able to stop people from taking drugs at concerts and as for searches before you enter, u think that would work? NO WAY! The queues are long enough. Where there is a will there is a way of getting shit in. Leave them to their own devices I say ;)

haha they should get the security thing they have at the cn tower in toronto. i don't know what it checked for, but you stand in it and it blows air all over your body...that would creep me out enough to not bring anything in lol

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:14 AM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:
Hanne wrote:
Beatle Babe wrote:

oh scary! i hate to think that it's just going to be made easier for people - i don't like standing in a cloud of smoke during a festival...it's even worse if it's from drugs. why should the rest of us have to suffer?

Well personally Id rather be in a crowd of stoners rather than drunk aggressive arsewipes

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:40 AM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:

I know I suffer when someone smokes pot near me. I hate that sickening sweet smell :o/

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:43 AM Quote
Christiania was an eye opener....

In more ways than one.

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:48 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
Christiania was an eye opener....

In more ways than one.

haha thats a great place though. Lets hope the Government dont get their way with normalising it >:0[
Travis played their first danish gig at Loppen

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:50 AM Quote
Yeah Christiania was awesome, me a a few friends spent an afternoon there before the Northern Ireland game, then spent the next night at Vega. :-)

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:51 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
Yeah Christiania was awesome, me a a few friends spent an afternoon there before the Northern Ireland game, then spent the next night at Vega. :-)

Vegas a great place for gigs, especially Lille Vega. Who did you see?

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:55 AM Quote
Snow Patrol.

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:58 AM Quote
I saw them there too. But not at their last concert, the one before...pre album thingy. Ahh but then you prob know Mark...his surname has disappeared:0/ Hes married here or living in sin and has two kids?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:13 AM