Travis

Earplugs at gigs
Darran
Darran Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 2:59 PM Quote
Would You? Do You?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6260962.stm

Now and again I do, and use these bad boys...

http://www.audiorelief.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=31

It certainly helps if the venue has shit acoustics or if the FOH desk engineer is a bit light-fingered on the volume levels, you tend to get a better sound than if you're not wearing the plugs as they stop your ears from distorting due to the high volume.

Re: Earplugs at gigs
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 3:01 PM Quote
I wouldn't wear earplugs. And I wouldnt want the music too much quieter, coz then you'd have to listen to some idiot next to you talk all the way through the gig...

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 3:03 PM Quote
Could have done with those ear plugs the other day when i was at the Trafford Centre and Gareth Gates thought it would be funny to perform in the Orient (the food court) when i was trying to eat!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 3:03 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
Could have done with those ear plugs the other day when i was at the Trafford Centre and Gareth Gates thought it would be funny to perform in the Orient (the food court) when i was trying to eat!

Urgh, was there loadsa vomit everywhere? haha

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 3:06 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Unfortunately not, just a load of screaming girls. All i say is thank god for the ipod!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 3:07 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Unfortunately not, just a load of screaming girls. All i say is thank god for the ipod!

Oh that's terrible, do these girls have no ears?! haha =P

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 4:03 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Would You? Do You?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6260962.stm

Now and again I do, and use these bad boys...

http://www.audiorelief.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=31

It certainly helps if the venue has shit acoustics or if the FOH desk engineer is a bit light-fingered on the volume levels, you tend to get a better sound than if you're not wearing the plugs as they stop your ears from distorting due to the high volume.

Yep i do! I have seen the damage caused by not protecting your hearing (as a signlanguage interpreter). I rather listen to not so loud music then no music at all or distorted music.

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 4:03 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

I usually wear earplugs, but mine are, well, not really "comfortable" to wear. Can you recommend the ones you have?
And I agree, very often you get a better sound by wearing the plugs. So it's a win-win ;)

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 4:32 PM Quote
Hell yes.

Some bands even use them.

Compared to the crappy sponge ones that just completely block sound - the Etymotic ones lower the level across the whole spectrum, and chop off the really top-end white-noise scree.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 4:36 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Hell yes.

Compared to the crappy sponge ones that just completely block sound - the Etymotic ones lower the level across the whole spectrum, and chop off the really top-end white-noise scree.

Thanks by the way for adding the page on your plugs. I'll go and see if i can get them here. I still use the spongee ones;)

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 5:27 PM Quote
What? I can't hear you because of the loud ringing in my ears!

I've tried using ear plugs, but it just isn't the same. I'll be def by 30, but hey!

feri
feri Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 5:55 PM Quote
Yeah my friends put them last time, I think I'll put earplugs this time at the Travis show.

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 5:57 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Hell yes.

Aaah, great, I'm going to hunt for them now - Thanks a lot!

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 02 Jul, 2007 6:02 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:

Thanks by the way for adding the page on your plugs. I'll go and see if i can get them here. I still use the spongee ones;)

I just found this site http://www.alpine.nl/ and I remember a friend telling me they were tested in Germany and were rated "good", so... if you can't find the Elacin-ones :) why not try the company from your own country ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:50 PM