Travis

Jokes and speeches
DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 7:09 PM Quote
My Husband is going to be bestman at one of his friends wedding in July. God love him, he's not too good with speeches. He was a bestman last year and I wrote his speech for him then which I found easy as I liked his pal that was getting married but this time I'm not really a fan of his chum. He has asked me to write his speech again but I am really struggling. I have already wrote one but John thinks its too harsh and asked me to try to lighten it up a little bit. I was going to post it on here but I think it may be too big. So does anyone know of any good jokes that can be used in a Bestman speech.

Cheers, Nikki

Re: Jokes and speeches
Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 7:11 PM Quote
If you can't find anything on the web, check your local library. They usually stock some 'wedding speech' books.

elfy
elfy Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 7:11 PM Quote
Finish with:

"I'd now like you to raise your glasses to the most important people here......the bar staff!"

Ah well, made me laugh.

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 7:13 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
If you can't find anything on the web, check your local library. They usually stock some 'wedding speech' books.

Thanks sunny, our library has nothing to help (i kinda live in the sticks) and the internet has helped a wee bit but its all stuff I've heard in speeches before

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 7:14 PM Quote
elfy wrote:
Finish with:

"I'd now like you to raise your glasses to the most important people here......the bar staff!"

Ah well, made me laugh.

Haha I like that

always mention old gilfriends and in laws
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
lol

Re: always mention old gilfriends and in laws
Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 8:55 PM Quote
Do what that floppy haired berk on the BT ads did, check on tinternet. Bound to be some hints and tips and stuff somewhere.

There you go, Bestmanspeech.com

Bingo.

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 10:36 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Do what that floppy haired berk on the BT ads did, check on tinternet. Bound to be some hints and tips and stuff somewhere.

There you go, Bestmanspeech.com

Bingo.

Thankies Esteban, There are heaps to choose from there!!

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 10:37 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lol

I mentioned his ex wife but my husband refuses to mention her hehe

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 24 May, 2007 10:41 PM Quote
DjelibayB wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lol

I mentioned his ex wife but my husband refuses to mention her hehe

your husband is wise he doesn't want to get in trouble !

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
My boyfriend was just the best man at a wedding this past weekend and his introduction was:

"For those of you who do not know me, I am Stephen’s best man, and my real name is Whatwouldyouliketodrink. I hope many of you will come and say hello to me at the bar later, but I do insist you use my full name"

It was a fantastic way to break the ice and get everyone laughing!

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 12:27 AM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:
My boyfriend was just the best man at a wedding this past weekend and his introduction was:

"For those of you who do not know me, I am Stephen’s best man, and my real name is Whatwouldyouliketodrink. I hope many of you will come and say hello to me at the bar later, but I do insist you use my full name"

It was a fantastic way to break the ice and get everyone laughing!

Yeah I like that too, although the best man at my wedding done that hehe. But thanks, keep the ideas coming!! :D

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:07 AM