Travis

dutch people
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:07 PM Quote
Hallo travis fans, aangezien er veel franse topics zijn, kan er net zo goed eentje in het Nederlands, hoop dat er wat mensen aanwezig zijn die wat leuks hebben te vertellen :-)

Re: dutch people
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:10 PM Quote
i thought you wanted a talk about dutch stereotypes.
here are mine :
tall
blond hair and blue eyes
beer lovers
very fond of exposing themselves to the sun at 1 pm - in the south of France - in blazing heat
extremely good at mastering foreign languages

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:13 PM Quote
blond hair and blue eyes,

hmmm thats right, im blond and blue eyes hehehe,
but i was asking if there were other dutch people so we can talk our own language in this topic :-)

Fer Fer
Fer Fer Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:18 PM Quote
I spreek niet goed Nederlands maar ik begrijp bijna alles. Ik ben een Amerikaanse. Ik ga naar school te nederlands leren, maar alleen voor 2 maanden of zo. Daarom ik ben niet zo goed met Nederlands :)

Absolutpurple: those are some spot on stereotypes! i live with a tall blond haired blue eyed beer loving Dutchie... thankfully he doesn't expose himself on the beach ;)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:18 PM Quote
Dutchgirl wrote:
Hallo travis fans, aangezien er veel franse topics zijn, kan er net zo goed eentje in het Nederlands, hoop dat er wat mensen aanwezig zijn die wat leuks hebben te vertellen :-)

Can't speak Dutch but I actually understood some of that! lol. The German girls here also speak German to each other so it's only fair if you wanna speak Dutch to the other Dutch people :o)

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:21 PM Quote
Fer Fer wrote:
I spreek niet goed Nederlands maar ik begrijp bijna alles. Ik ben een Amerikaanse. Ik ga naar school te nederlands leren, maar alleen voor 2 maanden of zo. Daarom ik ben niet zo goed met Nederlands :)

Absolutpurple: those are some spot on stereotypes! i live with a tall blond haired blue eyed beer loving Dutchie... thankfully he doesn't expose himself on the beach ;)

you can speak well dutch :-) if you need some help of learning dutch mail me, i will help

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:21 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Dutchgirl wrote:

Can't speak Dutch but I actually understood some of that! lol. The German girls here also speak German to each other so it's only fair if you wanna speak Dutch to the other Dutch people :o)

thats cool if you understand some dutch :-) try to write something in dutch :-P heheh :-)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:27 PM Quote
ik ben moe

here's the only dutch i know

Fer Fer
Fer Fer Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:28 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
ik ben moe

one of my most used dutch phrases, haha

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:29 PM Quote
Fer Fer wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
ik ben moe

how long have you been living in the Netherlands ?

Fer Fer
Fer Fer Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:30 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Fer Fer wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
ik ben moe

going on 9 months now. I've been going to school to learn Dutch about 2 months

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:33 PM Quote
Fer Fer wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Fer Fer wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
ik ben moe

you cannot beat learning in a school - some ppl i know want to move to New Zealand and think they're gonna grab the language just by listening and talking to locals. I tell them to go to a language school otherwise they'll speak bad english but they don't seem to get my point or care.

Fer Fer
Fer Fer Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:36 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Fer Fer wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Fer Fer wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
ik ben moe

you cannot beat learning in a school - some ppl i know want to move to New Zealand and think they're gonna grab the language just by listening and talking to locals. I tell them to go to a language school otherwise they'll speak bad english but they don't seem to get my point or care.

I totally agree! I was living here for a full 6 months and i could hardly speak Dutch, but just after a few weeks in school i've progressed so much, it really surprised me. And now i find that even on my way home from school on my bike i'm thinking to myself in Dutch

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:38 PM Quote
I totally agree! I was living here for a full 6 months and i could hardly speak Dutch, but just after a few weeks in school i've progressed so much, it really surprised me. And now i find that even on my way home from school on my bike i'm thinking to myself in Dutch [/quote]

perfect ! it's also a nice way to make friends.
i started to dream in english after 3 months.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 12:44 PM Quote
Dutchgirl wrote:
Hanne wrote:
Dutchgirl wrote:

thats cool if you understand some dutch :-) try to write something in dutch :-P heheh :-)

I better not; I only understand cos I piece things together from Danish, German and English. Oh, and my granny spoke a funny mix of my Danish dialect and the North German dialekt, so she used some Dutch-sounding words too. For instance 'dat' and 'vertellen' :o)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:43 AM