Travis

Nobody talking about Fran shows? (Vancouver)
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 8:30 AM Quote
I haven't seen people writing about Fran shows here, but yesterday was A M A Z I N G!!!
I ended my day yesterday with a big BIG smile!
I had the opportunity to be here at Vancouver because i went here for a Film Production Course, so i had two amazing events in less than two weeks! so i'm extremely happy!
So, the show was amazing (i'm sure i wrote that somewhere here hmmm) Fran played all song without a Mic! the stripped show was incrediable, the sound was very clear (i was very close to the stage but even so the sound of the theater was very neat! so no needed to use a Mic it was amazing!

Everything was very calmed, it was a different experience Because on the Mexican shows (yesterday was my first Foreign concert) i ended up with my throat closed haha. But it was really great all. It felt like a very intimate concert! which was unbelivable, i enjoy it so much! The stories, anecdotes, and the story behind Driftwood ahh!! i love driftwood but he explained it very well yesterday and i was like "man! he's such an amazing songwriter! genius!!"
So, officially the BEST concert ever!

So, the Setlist was something like this, not in the right order:

Closer
The Humpty Dumpty Love Song
Flowers in the Window
Anything (i know it! this will be my favourite Wreckorder song!)
Sing
Sing me To Sleep
Side (and the rap haha)
Rocking Chair
Closer
Writing to Reach you
Turn
Flying in the Ointment
Buttercups
As it Comes
Why does it always rain on me?
Driftwood
(i hope i'm not missing any song)

And between some of this songs. I got surprised. 'cause maybe some of you may remember some of my post saying how much i would LOVE to hear my favourite song Live.
The shows i went a few years ago it was like "i hope they play Last Train!!" i also used to screamed on the other shows for "Last Train!!!!" and yesterday. i didn't even think it for a possibility. Though it crossed my mind to screamed for Last Train, but nope, i think for other songs that had more possibilities to be played, buen when Fran said "This song is called...Last Train" my eyes got Opened as plates and i ate my scream of surprise haha. It was just perfect!! Without a Mic! Last Train finally!!! i still can't believe that happened! really! (i recorded it! i'll post it soon) i was as Happy as you can imagine!

So i must thank the journalist that asked Fran to play it and of course Fran for playing it!

After the concert ended with WDIAROM. It stills great!! We met Fran, took photos, etc.
I was prepared haha i took with me my Copy of Ode to J Smith (my instincts worked fine yesterday, i almost left it on the Hotel room, but i decided it to take it with me) and asked him if he would signed to me. Then a photo! And finally had the chance to talk with him! and meet, it was incredible. Still very VERY happy for it.

Sorry for writing a lot haha, i will leave you with a few pics i took, i discovered i'm not very good with the camera, so i leave you some of the best i took.

http://a.imageshack.us/img230/6944/dsc08919jb.jpg
it's not exactly a good one, but it looks Fran is recieving the inspiration energy haha

http://a.imageshack.us/img404/132/dsc08967n.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img638/7290/dsc08980e.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img18/2108/dsc08920wb.jpg

Re: Nobody talking about Fran shows? (Vancouver)
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 10:37 AM Quote
The Triple Door - Seattle

Setlist:

Writing To Reach You
More Than Us
Anything
Sing Me To Sleep
Side
My Eyes
Rocking Chair
In The Morning
As It Comes
Sing
Indefinitley
Buttercups

Encore:

Re-Offender
Blue Flashing Light
Turn
Flowers In The Window

As always, a fantastic show! I'll post a review and photos in the Tour Archive shortly. It was great to meet some boardies at the show. Elodie, I hope you had a great time! A special thanks to Peter and Justin for walking me to the ferry! I can't wait for the new album!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 6:13 PM Quote
Awww!! I'm sooo happy for you, Jesús!!!!
Bueníiiisimoooooooooooo!!! No puedo ver las fotos porque estoy en el trabajo, pero después chusmeo! Qué genial!!! Yo también amo Last Train!!! Ayy, qué genialll!!!
Realmente estoy muy contenta por vos, me alegro de que hayas podido ir finalmente y de que lo hayas disfrutado tanto, en nombre de todos nosotros acá en el sur! Jajajaja. :o)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 19 Aug, 2010 6:58 PM Quote
Fantastic. Nice photos too. Great setlist and the whole show without a mic sounds great. Fran spoke about that in his blog. Wow. I'd love to hear that one day. Sounds like a great experience and I'm glad you had such a great time. Being able to meet Fran too is lovely. :)

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 7:58 AM Quote
Hey jesusaremus I uploaded some photos and wrote a review on the Vancouver show. You can check it out in the tour archive if you haven't already.

It was great to meet you hennypenny! I loved our little spontaneous boardie gathering outside the venue. =)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 8:09 AM Quote
Peter76 wrote:

It was great to meet you hennypenny! I loved our little spontaneous boardie gathering outside the venue. =)

Haha! It was great to meet you too!

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 7:22 PM Quote
I'm very happy for you, Jesús! ;)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 21 Aug, 2010 8:22 AM Quote
hey! Nice review Peter!! nice to hear you were on the Stripped show too (though i don't know who you were on the show haha, it would had been nice to know). So henny penny you were there too? or was another show?

Ben and Monica thanks!! i just came back to Mexico today! so i will talk with you to tell you! so, i'll do it tomorrow 'cause the flight take me off 2 hours of my life and i'm not counting the 5:30 hours of it haha.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 21 Aug, 2010 8:30 AM Quote
Oh by the way! i forgot to mention, something that has impressed me! Always when i hear a song for the first time, i forget after a few hours how it is. Always happens to me. But "Anything" i only heard it on the show, (i recorded it, but i refuse to listen the new song again 'til the album comes) And i'm impressed i still remember how it is! and actually have it stuck in my mind! never happened to me this before, but i know i will love more "Anything" when i'll hear the album version. The lyrcis and Music are fantastic!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Awww!! I'm sooo happy for you, Jesús!!!!
Bueníiiisimoooooooooooo!!! No puedo ver las fotos porque estoy en el trabajo, pero después chusmeo! Qué genial!!! Yo también amo Last Train!!! Ayy, qué genialll!!!
Realmente estoy muy contenta por vos, me alegro de que hayas podido ir finalmente y de que lo hayas disfrutado tanto, en nombre de todos nosotros acá en el sur! Jajajaja. :o)

He! Juli!! muchas gracias!! ah! esque Last Train! es LA cancion jajaja, la amo, es mi favorita! me impresione demasiado cuando dijo que tocaria esa! me quede en shock jajaja. Muchas gracias! claro que si! esperemos Fran nos venga a visitar pronto.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 21 Aug, 2010 6:56 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
Ben and Monica thanks!! i just came back to Mexico today! so i will talk with you to tell you! so, i'll do it tomorrow 'cause the flight take me off 2 hours of my life and i'm not counting the 5:30 hours of it haha.

lmao Ok! ;)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 22 Aug, 2010 8:06 PM Quote
Cool pics and a nice review. A completely mic-less show, very cool. How is Rocking Chair?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:02 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
So henny penny you were there too? or was another show?

I was at the Seattle show :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 23 Aug, 2010 1:18 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:

Only just seen this. It was great speaking with you, and to hear everything that happened was great. :)

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:59 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Cool pics and a nice review. A completely mic-less show, very cool. How is Rocking Chair?

One of the best songs on the new record. The lyrics are so incredibly sad.

Sitting in my rocking chair
Grandchildren everywhere
I remember *
I remember Nixon
I remember Fred Astaire

That's about all I can remember.

supercat
supercat Posted Tue 24 Aug, 2010 10:23 PM Quote
I was at the Vancouver show too! I couldn't believe how intimate it was. I can't even call it a concert, it was some other sort of experience altogether.

Fran even wrote some guitar chords for me after wards (after I told him I was trying to learn some Travis songs, currently Sing) Very nice of him :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:55 AM