Travis

Live bootleg album to be released 19 Jan
Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Fri 15 Jan, 2010 11:37 PM Quote
When Fran and Andy embarked on their tour of North America and Canada in October 2009, they certainly kept their fans in mind.

Attendees of the tour (dubbed "A Chronological Acoustical Journey Through The Travis Back Catalogue) experienced the songs of Travis like never before: in small, intimate venues with Andy and Fran armed only with their guitars, a piano, and a slew of great songs. The shows also featured a homemade slideshow by Fran, illustrating the inspirations for the songs.

Fran explained that the format of the show starts "with the first song I wrote and ends with the last song I wrote. Between these two bookends [Andy and I] play a selection of songs running in chronological order.”

Some of the stories were heartwarming, many comical, and a few telling of harder times; the show was equal parts performance and storytelling, equating to a genuinely unique concert experience.

Now you can relive this one-of-a-kind show whenever you'd like with the release of the official live "bootleg" album titled, A Chronological Acoustical Journey Through The Travis Back Catalogue Live, a live audio recording capturing their performances from this tour including a previously unheard new song.

This album, which was previously only available on the tour, will now be released on Tuesday, the 19th of January, in both digital MP3 and physical formats in the US, and in the digital format in the UK, France and Germany.

Amazon (US) CD

Amazon (US) Digital MP3

You can also order the Acoustic Tour Live CD from anywhere in the world, direct from this site using Pay Pal.

To order using this option please go to this news page

You can also listen to the full live album as a stream, online, exclusively through Travis' Myspace page from 12am (PST) January 16 to midnight January 18(PST).

Tracklisting is as follows, with story titles in quotes:

'Come To Scotland'
Turn
'The Volume Dealers'
All I Want To Do Is Rock
'Let It Out & Let It In'
Falling Down
'Israel'
Last Laugh Of The Laughter
'New Flag'
Why Does It Always Rain On Me
'Nigel Godrich'
Flowers In The Window
'Nora'
Sing
'You Decide'
Side
'Jake Gyllenhaal'
Love Will Come Through
'Clay'
My Eyes
Before You Were Young
Holiday

Re: Live bootleg album to be released 19 Jan
Oskari
Oskari Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 12:54 AM Quote
can't wait to hear the songs.. :D

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 1:07 AM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:
You can also listen to the full live album as a stream, online, exclusively through Travis' Myspace page from 12am (PST) January 16 to midnight January 18(PST)

OMG THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I'm not able to buy it and unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the concerts, so this is really fantastic!! I can't thank you enough :') :):):):)

Edit: Just to make things clear, this means that only people from the US, UK, Germany, and France can buy the cd, right?

Travis Web Team wrote:
This album, which was previously only available on the tour, will now be released exclusively through Amazon.com on Tuesday, the 19th of January, in both digital MP3 and physical formats in the US, and in the digital format in the UK, France and Germany.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 1:22 AM Quote
This is what many people were waiting for. Good news.

yonan
yonan Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 2:47 AM Quote
when can we order the physical format? cant find it on amazon yet

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 3:24 AM Quote
yonan wrote:
when can we order the physical format? cant find it on amazon yet

Travis Web Team wrote:
"A link to the physical format (available only in the US) will follow soon."

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 4:01 AM Quote
It's a shame the physical CD is only available in America. Still, super that it's available to people who weren't able to go to a show.

Still, I'm wondering if anything will come from those New York shows which were apparently filmed...

yonan
yonan Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 7:44 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
It's a shame the physical CD is only available in America. Still, super that it's available to people who weren't able to go to a show.

i believe Amazon US will ship practically anywhere in the world

Trixi
Trixi Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 8:14 AM Quote
only available as download in Germany again? *pouts*...I wish i could get a real record with booklet and everything. Ah great news that it's going to be released here at all though. Can't wait to get it! :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 1:36 PM Quote
yonan wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

i believe Amazon US will ship practically anywhere in the world

Thanks. I'll look into it. :)

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 7:11 PM Quote
Good news! :)

o_unico
o_unico Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 9:35 PM Quote
Exactly the same tracklist of a torrent running since november.
Poor Fran and Andy, I Think they robbed you.

lidia_bj
lidia_bj Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 9:42 PM Quote
I can't wait to listen to it!!!!!!!

o_unico
o_unico Posted Sat 16 Jan, 2010 9:45 PM Quote
lidia_bj wrote:
I can't wait to listen to it!!!!!!!

You're really anxious. hehehe

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 17 Jan, 2010 1:21 PM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:

This album, which was previously only available on the tour, will now be released exclusively through Amazon.com on Tuesday, the 19th of January, in both digital MP3 and physical formats in the US, and in the digital format in the UK, France and Germany.

Does this mean that it is not possible to get hold of neither the digital nor the the physical copy if you live outside the US, UK, France and Germany?

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:20 PM