Travis

seven ages of rock are on in half an hour
Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 8:31 PM Quote
Pretty cool programma. today (according to the tvguide) Queen, The police and *sigh* The dire straits oh and the first live aid event.

*pours some white Chardonnay* oke bring it on i am ready:)

Re: seven ages of rock are on in half an hour
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 8:49 PM Quote
Dire straits : this is one band i cannot stand

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 8:54 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

They are quite awefull. Very slow too. Listening to Dire straits is like watching Turles race.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 8:55 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

They are quite awefull. Very slow too. Listening to Dire straits is like watching Turles race.

"i want my mtv" was horrible

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 8:58 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

The only good thing about it was Sting;)
liked your lost tread on "Let's dance". Tried to revive it, but it was not to be. Both the attempts got lost aswell:( I hate these gremlins

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:01 PM Quote
I lay the blame for Razorshite squarely at the feet of Mark Knopfler

Although Sultans of Swing is still one of the greatest guitar tracks ever

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:01 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

liked your lost tread on "Let's dance". Tried to revive it, but it was not to be. Both the attempts got lost aswell:( I hate these gremlins

they're so bloody annoying aren't they !
this was a 80's special...did you watch Billie Jean ? i love the audience reactions and his dancing is just one of a kind.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
[quote="AbsolutPurple"] Dire straits : this is one band i cannot stand

they're so bloody annoying aren't they !
this was a 80's special...did you watch Billie Jean ? i love the audience reactions and his dancing is just one of a kind.
[/quote

yeah it was (his dancing). for some reason or another i seem to have lost my love for MJ. I used to love his music as a child but it doesn't get my juices flowing these days.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:13 PM Quote
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/roos4sanne/Freddie.jpg

You gotta love him though! 7 ages of rock, tributes we will rock you, besides that song these guys are rock gods

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:18 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:

You gotta love him though! 7 ages of rock, tributes we will rock you, besides that song these guys are rock gods

under pressure - a gem

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:19 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:

Shite, feck him, pity he hadn't snuffed it 15 years earlier when they were actually not bad.

I feckin' hate queen, overblown, stadium rock, it's all about the show and the music is second. It's mediocre at best.

Don't get me wrong they are very good at it but it still annoys me it's about huge stages, costumes and helicopters, then music, and all the sheep love it !!

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:

Shite, feck him, pity he hadn't snuffed it 15 years earlier when they were actually not bad.

I feckin' hate queen, overblown, stadium rock, it's all about the show and the music is second. It's mediocre at best.

Don't get me wrong they are very good at it but it still annoys me it's about huge stages, costumes and helicopters, then music, and all the sheep love it !!

i get where you're coming from the last albums weren't all that. (pompous i thought). But a day at the races?! wicked!! They (seven ages of rock) moved on to my teenage hero, lol Bruce Springsteen Born to run:) oh..sweet memories

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:36 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:

i get where you're coming from the last albums weren't all that. (pompous i thought). But a day at the races?! wicked!! They (seven ages of rock) moved on to my teenage hero, lol Bruce Springsteen Born to run:) oh..sweet memories

haha I don't get Bruce either, really sorry.

Yeah I suppose anything up until (but not including)A Kind of Magic. Pompus was the word I was looking for, all that Radio Gaga/I want to Break Free shite really gets on my nerves, maybe because they had the potential to be so much better.

but then I'm not a huge fan of any stadium rock, Sorry

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:38 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:

haha I don't get Bruce either, really sorry.

Yeah I suppose anything up until (but not including)A Kind of Magic. Pompus was the word I was looking for, all that Radio Gaga/I want to Break Free shite really gets on my nerves, maybe because they had the potential to be so much better.

but then I'm not a huge fan of any stadium rock.

Not even The Police at the Synchronicity stage? *looks truely hopefull*
*sings* "i hope my legs don't break, walking on the moon"

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:50 PM Quote

Regatta de Blanc & Outlandos D'Amour are fine albums but by Syncronicity Stings arrogance is already showing. Sorry, again.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:06 AM