Travis

British kindness: now I understand
Cinthya Olguín
Cinthya Olguín Posted Sat 26 Sep, 2009 5:25 AM Quote
I went to London last week and I was truly amazed with the kindness of people there, they are so lovely and kind that I would move to London with no hesitation right this moment (if I could). I remember struggling with my luggage at the tube and three different guys in different ocassions offered to help me, that does not happen where I live (México)!!!! I guess they are just naturally lovely, lovely people. Now I know why Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil are so nice. Fell in love with the city and the people, so beautiful!!!!

PS: I saw a guy wearing the Selfish Jean T-shirt at the tube, I remember thinking: this is like paradise must be like to me!!!

Re: British kindness: now I understand
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:38 AM Quote
Cinthya Olguín wrote:

PS: I saw a guy wearing the Selfish Jean T-shirt at the tube, I remember thinking: this is like paradise must be like to me!!!

hahahaha nice!

julietravisaddict
julietravisaddict Posted Sat 26 Sep, 2009 11:53 AM Quote
You're right Cynthia, I felt exactly the same, in the tube I was watching them and they're not stressed out as in Paris, they're kind and polite, "zen", and I was thinking I would like to move there too, I think this city would suit me much better than Paris, it's closer to my temper.

Cinthya Olguín
Cinthya Olguín Posted Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:41 PM Quote
julietravisaddict wrote:
You're right Cynthia, I felt exactly the same, in the tube I was watching them and they're not stressed out as in Paris, they're kind and polite, "zen", and I was thinking I would like to move there too, I think this city would suit me much better than Paris, it's closer to my temper.

Oh, yeah! And the sits are much confortable too, right? But I would also like to live in Paris, and you guys are nice too. When I went there I like that you seem to enjoy everything you do. I like the fact you go to the parks and sit there and eat, sleep, chat or read a book. That is soo good!!!
Anyways, I totally agree with you Julie, London seems to suit us just perfectly!!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 26 Sep, 2009 7:04 PM Quote
That as may be, but Southerners are ice cold compared to the friendly folk of North Britain. ;)

That's cool that you saw someone with the selfish jean t-shirt by the way, can't say I've seen anyone wear that myself.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 26 Sep, 2009 7:38 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
That as may be, but Southerners are ice cold compared to the friendly folk of North Britain. ;)

That's cool that you saw someone with the selfish jean t-shirt by the way, can't say I've seen anyone wear that myself.

Haha :)
this is really cool - especially the T-part!

I gotta agree with him though
I had the same impression of the ppl in London.
But when I lived in Bournemouth things were a weeeee bit different - bit weird and cold ...this didn't concern all of them of course!

I'm really looking forward to flying back there though :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 26 Sep, 2009 8:17 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

I wear it! :)

But cool to see it a couple of years down the line yeahhh!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 26 Sep, 2009 10:41 PM Quote
I found the people of New York more friendly than the people of London. Not that the Londoners are unfriendly, they always seemed to be rushing about everywhere. But London is a beautiful city.

I wore my "Art, Music, Jaffa Cakes" t-shirt on the tube. Wasn't a nice experience. I just had people looking at me all day. lol A few people would look at it, then smile and look up at me, smiling. That was nice. Still felt a bit weird though, so i stopped wearing it out and about. lol

Cinthya Olguín
Cinthya Olguín Posted Sat 26 Sep, 2009 11:04 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I found the people of New York more friendly than the people of London. Not that the Londoners are unfriendly, they always seemed to be rushing about everywhere. But London is a beautiful city.

I wore my "Art, Music, Jaffa Cakes" t-shirt on the tube. Wasn't a nice experience. I just had people looking at me all day. lol A few people would look at it, then smile and look up at me, smiling. That was nice. Still felt a bit weird though, so i stopped wearing it out and about. lol

Hahahaha, that's why I tried not to stare at the guy, I just saw him, told my husband and smiled... and sang the song in miy mind...

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 27 Sep, 2009 11:50 AM Quote
Cinthya Olguín wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Hahahaha, that's why I tried not to stare at the guy, I just saw him, told my husband and smiled... and sang the song in miy mind...

Hahah I probably would have said: hey brother, I'm with you...
and then...get out the nearest station before they get me commited:)

leticia
leticia Posted Sun 27 Sep, 2009 4:25 PM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
Cinthya Olguín wrote:

hahahaha nice!

Cool!!!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 28 Sep, 2009 7:09 AM Quote
Nell wrote:
Cinthya Olguín wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Hahah I probably would have said: hey brother, I'm with you...
and then...get out the nearest station before they get me commited:)

hahaha agree with Nora (I always do! hehe)
I think this is sort of a natural reaction for every Travis fan, could be a song on the radio or a guy wearing a T-shirt... these things always give us joy :)

silvella
silvella Posted Mon 28 Sep, 2009 9:10 AM Quote
I agree with you!! I was really surprised about the nice and kind and polite Brits.

But: if you're looking for LOVELY people, go to Scotland!!! They flashed me totally, I've never met such lovely people! We never felt like tourists or strangers there, we felt like home! Really! Now you know why Travis are so nice: they are Scots!!

Cinthya Olguín
Cinthya Olguín Posted Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:13 PM Quote
silvella wrote:
I agree with you!! I was really surprised about the nice and kind and polite Brits.

But: if you're looking for LOVELY people, go to Scotland!!! They flashed me totally, I've never met such lovely people! We never felt like tourists or strangers there, we felt like home! Really! Now you know why Travis are so nice: they are Scots!!

I will go someday, totally!!! That´s one of my dreams!!! I'm pretty sure scots are really nice lovely people, like Travis or Ewan McGregor, hahahaha...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:27 PM Quote
My times in London were pleasant. I found people to be friendly but also a bit more forward with the flirting and things they said to me. It made me giggle.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:26 PM