Travis

FAO Wendy
Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 12 May, 2009 6:54 PM Quote
Hey. Just letting you know that i've finally got a full-time position at a major library! I would have told you on Facebook but i beat someone that already works there for the position and she's on my Facebook so i don't want to rub it in! It's in both adult and children's at the moment but the aim is to keep bugging them until they put me in children's all of the time. Fingers crossed!!

Re: FAO Wendy
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 12 May, 2009 6:59 PM Quote

Well Done You !!! That's great news.

And Hi to Wends too, hope you're well.

Dubz

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 12 May, 2009 7:10 PM Quote
Congratulations Helen ! Very happy for you.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 13 May, 2009 1:11 AM Quote
Congrats Helen:)

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Wed 13 May, 2009 12:06 PM Quote
Thanks guys! I'm glad i've made my first little step in a possible career route. It shows how desperate times are though because i've been told 250 applied for the little library job!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 May, 2009 6:26 PM Quote
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Congratulations Hels!!! I am so thrilled for you, that's great news. I will look forward to all your library news :) And adults and kids means you get the best of both worlds for a while. As much as kids is great, the adult section is ACE too.

I did try to do the "What type of Librarian Are You" thing on FB but it froze, ugh!

Hey, Dubs I'm grand matey...thanks, surviving ;)

*hugs* to Hels!!!

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Thu 14 May, 2009 5:48 PM Quote
Ha ha thanks! I've been talking to my bosses and i might have persuaded them to give me children's. Fingers crossed! The library is part of the NHS though so it's not going to be a proper library really, not a normal cosy one, a new clinical one instead (except for children's).

Just seen that your library quiz says you're a law librarian lol. Mine came up Children's, how apt!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:57 PM