Travis

For our Mexican Friends - Swine flu
flc
flc Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 12:54 PM Quote
Hello Everybody!

Here your can put a comment for support our mexican friends against this disease.

Guys, i'm with you!!

Here the last news : CLICK HERE

Re: For our Mexican Friends - Swine flu
frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 2:39 PM Quote
To all our dearest Mexican boardie friends I hope things will get better soon there.Our thoughts and prayers are with you right now..Keep well all of u:)

*Un abrazo inmenso*

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 5:29 PM Quote
I had no idea how bad it was, my thoughts are with everyone there.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
It's not just in Mexico now... it's spread to Southwestern U.S. There are confirmed cases in Kansas and New York

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
Hey :D!

Wow, thank you very much for this and for your support...l don't live in the capital city or in a main affected city, but in some others, the swine flu is kinda strong :S

The government has made some good movements, such as close schools, cancel concerts, etc...

l hope this ends soon.

Thanks for your support :D!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 6:59 PM Quote
hmmm

Weren't we all supposed to die of bird flu a few years ago?

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 9:09 PM Quote
thanks for all your support. last 3 days has been really weird here in Mexico City. the city center is desert, the streets are empty and you can see people with masks everywhere.

the goverment has provide preventive actions, all schools were closed until may 6, all the activities like cinemas or pubs were closed, soccer games was played without public, and people use masks in the underground and buses.

thanks for all your prayers... we're only expecting the influenza -swine flu- will be in control soon... anyways, any news here in Mexico we can bring you information.

will be great to know how do you see the flu from overseas...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 9:52 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
hmmm

Weren't we all supposed to die of bird flu a few years ago?

And it was mad cow before that.

mili
mili Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:46 PM Quote
Hope you're all well and stay that way.

jambut
jambut Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 11:19 PM Quote
I dont know if its the media but its all getting a bit scary

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:18 AM Quote
Gracias!
Yes, it's not only Mexico but the U.S., too, at least from what I've heard do far. The media and the goverment had made this issue too big, I guess. I mean, there should be preventive measures about it, but all the information (and misinformation) on the media about the illness have led people to a state of panic and shock. I honestly don't know whether the outbreak is that serious as it's presented on the media, or they actually trying to achieve somenthing else. What? I don't know, maybe keep people under control through panic... I don't know, maybe hiding some political issues... We, in Mexico, don't trust a thing in our politicians. And this time is not an exception, a lot of people don't believe in them, you can see this when go out and people are not wearing any mask or taking any kind of precaution. I don't trust in our politicians either (let alone the media), I don't know if actually the swine flue is what they are "preventing" us, I wear a mask and follow the preventive measures, anyways. What else can I do? If don't believe in anyone or what they say, the only thing I can do is take care of myself.

And yes, it is getting a bit scary, and I do hope it'll be over soon.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 3:42 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Gracias!
Yes, it's not only Mexico but the U.S., too, at least from what I've heard do far. The media and the goverment had made this issue too big, I guess. I mean, there should be preventive measures about it, but all the information (and misinformation) on the media about the illness have led people to a state of panic and shock. I honestly don't know whether the outbreak is that serious as it's presented on the media, or they actually trying to achieve somenthing else. What? I don't know, maybe keep people under control through panic... I don't know, maybe hiding some political issues... We, in Mexico, don't trust a thing in our politicians. And this time is not an exception, a lot of people don't believe in them, you can see this when go out and people are not wearing any mask or taking any kind of precaution. I don't trust in our politicians either (let alone the media), I don't know if actually the swine flue is what they are "preventing" us, I wear a mask and follow the preventive measures, anyways. What else can I do? If don't believe in anyone or what they say, the only thing I can do is take care of myself.

Now, I'm not so sure about the scary information we're receiving and I completely understand your suspicion and disbelief...nonetheless take all the precautions adviced, it can't hurt to be too careful.
The media here is reporting that the main difference with the bird flu is that the swine flu has proven resistant to vaccines and it's transmitted more easily through human contact..
Apparently all Health Ministeries in the region are taking safety/preventive measures for those travelling back and forth...doesn't look so good but hopefully we'll see the end of this sooner than later. Take good care of yourselves!!
Abrazos y fuerza!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:45 AM Quote
Hope all of you are well in Mexico. All this stuff sounds really scary, and hopefully it doesn't get any worse.

genia_gvan
genia_gvan Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:51 AM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
Gracias!

Now, I'm not so sure about the scary information we're receiving and I completely understand your suspicion and disbelief...nonetheless take all the precautions adviced, it can't hurt to be too careful.
The media here is reporting that the main difference with the bird flu is that the swine flu has proven resistant to vaccines and it's transmitted more easily through human contact..
Apparently all Health Ministeries in the region are taking safety/preventive measures for those travelling back and forth...doesn't look so good but hopefully we'll see the end of this sooner than later. Take good care of yourselves!!
Abrazos y fuerza!

Thanks everyone... things here in mexico are really weird... lots of information, (some misinformation, certainly) but the only thing we can do is to take the preventive measures. Many people is very confused because they donĀ“t really know what is this, or wich information is right about the numbre of people infected... but, I think we have to take care, that's all we can do now.

Thank you, really thank you everyone for this support!!!
Gracias!!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 8:12 AM Quote
I don't know what to make of this disease. Sure it's terrible that some people die from it, but I still don't see the difference from a normal flu. A normal flu can also kill people, especially those who already suffer from some sort of disease or are weak.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:03 AM