Travis

Afterglow
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 1:09 PM Quote
This is completely random. I was listening to “Afterglow” last night. I’ve always loved this song so much, but it’s one that we never really talk about here. The music and the lyrics are just so beautiful. Probably one of Travis’ most underrated songs.

That is all. :)

Re: Afterglow
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 1:17 PM Quote
The best with this song is the: "You are the afterglow, you are the midnight show, the only one I know, you come and then you go and when you finally leave you leave nothing for me"-part :)

missmoo
missmoo Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 2:14 PM Quote
I agree Nikki, It is indeedy a beautiful song :)

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 3:52 PM Quote
It's one of the songs that make Travis really special. It's remarkable how they are capable of producing such beauty, such ear candy, amazing. Sitting next to Indefintely on Travis' most graceful album, it's a stunning achievement that they managed to maintain such perfect flow on that album.....

Afterglow is incredible, it just glides by, providing the perfect soundtrack to life. It's like a smell, like walking past a fish and chip shop and just craving it....

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 8:26 PM Quote
Lovely song!

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 9:58 PM Quote
Yes, is so beautiful :)

Amandabug
Amandabug Posted Thu 23 Apr, 2009 11:42 PM Quote
i love this one too, especially live. i think it's forgotten because it's next to indefinitely and humpty dumpty, which are also beautiful in that serene way.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 12:31 AM Quote
Amandabug wrote:
i love this one too, especially live.

When have they played it live? I've never seen it on any set lists. :) I'd love to hear it live. :)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 12:57 AM Quote
Bellringer wrote:
It's one of the songs that make Travis really special. It's remarkable how they are capable of producing such beauty, such ear candy, amazing. Sitting next to Indefintely on Travis' most graceful album, it's a stunning achievement that they managed to maintain such perfect flow on that album.....

Afterglow is incredible, it just glides by, providing the perfect soundtrack to life. It's like a smell, like walking past a fish and chip shop and just craving it....

Eloquently put. This is one of my absolute faves off TIB. And you don't really have to talk about it for it to be a good song. Out in Space is just stunning, and nobody really cares for that track.

Leia
Leia Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 7:06 PM Quote
I was enchanted by this song from the very first time I listened to TIB. It's so stunning, almost painfully beautiful. When I feel sad or tired it always fills me with calm happiness and makes me forget all the troubles.

Just have listened to it again... it's incredible.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:44 AM