Travis

Death of the Crime Thriller Movie ???
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 1:02 AM Quote
Does anyone think that due to the plethora of Crime Dramas on TV that Movies have suffered ???

The Silence of the Lambs, Kiss the Girls, The Bone Collector were kinda decent films but now due to stuff like CSI, Criminal Minds, Bones, Law & Order, Cold Case, Etc, Etc. they seem to have totally dried up ??

Dubz

Re: Death of the Crime Thriller Movie ???
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 1:16 AM Quote
I never thought about it before, but now that you mention it, I do kinda see it. And, if something does come out, it's already been done several times.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 3:35 PM Quote
I don't know, the last crime movie I saw was Gone Baby Gone, it's only a few years old. My mum reads a lot of crime, alot of the books she reads have been made into tv movies I think.

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 7:20 PM Quote
I'm watching The Bone Collector just now!

Zodiac was a good movie too.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 1:44 AM Quote
I prefer the ones on tv, seeing as the films you mentioned weren't good. I think it works better on tv. Unless it's something like Da Vinci Code--it's gotta be very fast paced. Or if they made the show 24 into a movie. That would be perfect. Here's hoping right?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 12:58 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
I prefer the ones on tv, seeing as the films you mentioned weren't good. I think it works better on tv. Unless it's something like Da Vinci Code--it's gotta be very fast paced. Or if they made the show 24 into a movie. That would be perfect. Here's hoping right?

Are you seriously saying the Da Vinci Code is a good movie ??? It's marginally better than the book which is a steaming pile of horsesh!t, The characters are under developed there's a non-existant plot in which the so called twists you would need to be a blind giraffe wearing sunglasses at night not to see coming. The film does have it's moments namely the titles at the start and the end but that is about it, Tom Hanks acting is totally wooden and the supporting cast look as if they'd rather be elsewhere.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 2:26 PM Quote
A blind giraffe? That made me laugh.
I'm a poet and don't know it.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 25 Apr, 2009 6:37 PM Quote

Well it was alright. I was referring more to the pace of the story, lightning quick. Of course it's not even close to the book--it's such a dense story that it would be a 10 hour movie if they kept everything. So they rearranged bits and that ruins the feel of the book. And this is what they will do with the new one, which was supposed to be a prequel. Obviously the book is better.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:58 PM