Travis

Editing Your Travis Albums
harry potter
harry potter Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 12:15 PM Quote

i did this with "The Invisible Band" & "The Boy With No Name" the other day.

i took out "Dear Diary", "Side" and "Flowers..." from "The Invisible Band"

i took out "Big Chair", "Eyes Wide Open" from "The Boy With No Name" and at the end added "Sailing Away" and "Perfect Heaven Space"

it's amazing (in my opinion) the difference this editing made, took on a whole new vibe those discs did with those specific tracks out of the way.

what about you, you ever remastered a Travis album? Good Feeling and The Man Who never get touched, they're perfect in their tracklistings i think.

Re: Editing Your Travis Albums
Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 12:27 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

i took out "Big Chair", "Eyes Wide Open" from "The Boy With No Name" and at the end added "Sailing Away" and "Perfect Heaven Space"

You took out "Side", are you mad?! The lyrics aren't the greatest ever written, but the production is fab!

I'd take out Dear Diary from TIB. It interrupts the flow.

I'd delete Paperclips from 12 Memories, and from TBWNN I'd take New Amsterdam, Battleships and Out In Space.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 12:50 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

it's amazing (in my opinion) the difference this editing made, took on a whole new vibe those discs did with those specific tracks out of the way.

what about you, you ever remastered a Travis album? Good Feeling and The Man Who never get touched, they're perfect in their tracklistings i think.

Nope not touching any of them :-D they are part of the albums even though I skip one or the other for sure ;)

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 1:26 PM Quote
i've made my own album, choosing my fav tracks from all 5 cd's and the b sides and i now have 3 extra cd's

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 2:43 PM Quote
I'd make "New Amsterdam" the hidden track on TBWNN and make "Sailing Away" the album closer. But other than that I wouldn't delete any of the songs...love 'em all. It took me a while to get into "Under The Moonlight" because I didn't think it sounded like Travis...but I do like it now and find myself singing along! :)

Haz- I can't believe you would delete "Side" & "Eyes Wide Open" :O nooooo!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 2:49 PM Quote
All I did with TBWNN, the version on my mp3 player anyway, was split New Amsterdam, Sailing Away & Perfect Heaven Space, add in Say Hello and re-arrange them so it ended

12 Sailing Away
13 Perfect Heaven Space
14 Say Hello
15 New Amsterdam

apart from normalising the volumes there wasn't much else to do. Was TEMPTED to remove Eyes Wide Open. I just can't warm to that song at all, but thought better of it.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:06 PM Quote
Take out Last Laugh of Laughter from The Man Who. Trust me, Driftwood > Turn is pretty awesome. Oh, and make the gap shorter from the end of Slide Show to the start of Blue Flashing Light- like they did on the More Than Us dvd. It's pretty awesome. Just end Slide Show and then Andy turns up the feedback. Yeah!

harry potter
harry potter Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:25 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Haz- I can't believe you would delete "Side" & "Eyes Wide Open" :O nooooo!

sorry kiddo i just can't cotton to those particular trax. not for me i'm afraid.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:34 AM