Travis

Celeb Spotting Thread
Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sat 28 Mar, 2009 8:49 AM Quote
When i was working yesterday i had a visit from Pete Travis, the director of Vantage Point. He came in to use our computers and actually printed off script changes!

So this got me thinking, what celeb spots do we have and what are they up to?

Also recently i saw Chris O'Dowd (of The I.T. Crowd fame) in Waxy O'Connors snogging the face off his girlfiend whilst watching a U2 tribute act.

Re: Celeb Spotting Thread
leticia
leticia Posted Sat 28 Mar, 2009 2:44 PM Quote
I took a pic with Josh Harnett while I was in London : )

mili
mili Posted Sat 28 Mar, 2009 2:49 PM Quote
I saw Ville Valo of HIM at the local supermarket, he lives in the area.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Mar, 2009 3:22 PM Quote
Only regional once:

I once had to drive Gölä ( Swiss singer - not known anywhere else) home - since he was too drunk to drive himself...

Song of Gölä

And there's a Swiss moderator called Beni Turnheer - I once was with his Godson- kinda together..so I sometimes also met him..

And also a Swiss Comedian: erm..called Marco Rima and a singer Dj Bobo - I met on a rollercoaster in the Europapark Rust - whilst screaming and crying my soul out ;) was fun though

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 28 Mar, 2009 3:48 PM Quote
Jack Dee and Trevor outta Trevor And Simon have both recently come into my shop.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 28 Mar, 2009 4:27 PM Quote
Most of mine are athletes...
Daniel Alfredsson Christmas shopping with his wife, Daniel and Henrik Sedin wanding around downtown Ottawa, Markus Naslund having lunch, Eric Lindros at an arena, Darren Fletcher (toronto Blue Jays) at his kid's tball tournement. I think those are all the randos. All the others were at events.

Ryan Adams shoe and guitar shopping in Ottawa.

Dominic West in London while we were trying to find the Canadian pub in the rain.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sat 28 Mar, 2009 5:51 PM Quote
Victoria and David Beckham while shoe shopping in Paris.

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 03 Apr, 2009 10:17 PM Quote

Just an hour ago I bumped into the guitarist from a metal band called: eluveitie...(Meal/irish folk...etc)

one of their songs

We were waiting for the same train, and he told me that they were playing at the Gurten-Festival too..but then head up to the UK, Russia and the States...

but the weirdest thing was - when he kinda walked me home - 'til I realised: He just moved in in the house next to us :)

Don't like their music though :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 04 Apr, 2009 9:33 PM Quote
Myself and Dee came out of The Flowing Tide on Abbey Street today and Sean McGinley followed us into Spar.

He was in Braveheart and practically every other Irish film at some stage...

http://www.michaelmolloytrust.com/uploads/images/Image8.JPG

Dubz

TheGuild99
TheGuild99 Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 7:25 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Jack Dee and Trevor outta Trevor And Simon have both recently come into my shop. Atlas Media Home business

What's your shop name and address? I just saw Avril last month on my way to work.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 11:16 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Myself and Dee came out of The Flowing Tide on Abbey Street today and Sea McGinley followed us into Spar.

He was in Bravehear and practically every other Irsh film at some stage...

http://www.michaelmolloytrust.com/uploads/images/Image8.JPG

Dubz

That's cool. I think he's been in about every film I've watched in school in the past month.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 11:55 PM Quote

Yeah, Dee says he's hugely into Irish Language Film (ás Gaeilge) and does a lot of directing, I'm guessing he was in Abbey Street as he was probably in something at the Abbey Theatre as I believe he's a pretty good stage actor too.

The Flowing Tide is known for it, I was in there before and saw Joey "the lips" Fagan (Johnny Murphy) talking to Imelda Quirke (Angelina Ball).

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 12:52 AM Quote
I've never seen anyone famous, except for a newscaster who was at my office one day. Big woop.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 2:26 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yeah, Dee says he's hugely into Irish Language Film (ás Gaeilge)

Yep, he's in Claire sa Speir, the short Irish language film I'm studying for my Leaving. Surprisingly, for Irish, it's not depressing but kinda funny!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 3:54 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I've never seen anyone famous, except for a newscaster who was at my office one day. Big woop.

after the ABC you'll have a couple youtube stars under your belt

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:12 AM