Travis

arch nemesis
dee
dee Posted Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:21 PM Quote
i was talking about superheroes in school today and the kids got me thinking about arch-enemies.
do you have any?
i don't mean in an evil "plot to kill them" way, just in a "you throw each other mutual dagger-eyes if you must cross paths" way.

there are four girls and one boy who i inwardly growl about when i see/hear people refer to them etc.
i will admit that jealousy is a slight/probably major factor in each of these, but mostly its that they a)know too much about me for my liking, or have caused me pain b) are very similar to me in some ways and c) a big massive shallow factor-they are prettier/more confident/have bigger wardrobes than etc.

who's your Lex Luther?

Re: arch nemesis
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 24 Mar, 2009 11:42 PM Quote
There is a girl in my year who i used to hate, just because she was in the top class in everything and she seemed like she thought she was so cool. So i always kinda figured we were arch-nemeses, but eh, I don't think she ever noticed. Which makes me think i was the villain. Anyway, she doesnt annoy me anymore.

Oh, and the weird thing was, my sister felt the exact same way about this girl's sister, and they became friends years later.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 1:51 PM Quote
There have certainly been some people in my school days who I've disliked and who've disliked me equally, for who knows what reason. I've had an ugly friendship break-up. But I have forgiven this person in my heart and don't consider her an enemy (or a friend).

When you get into your 30's, most of that just goes away. Everyone has been through "stuff" by that point, illnesses, deaths, etc. Having an enemy just isn't worth the expended energy. There will always be people who rub you the wrong way, but you just avoid them or learn to deal with them.

Aída
Aída Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 2:21 PM Quote

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 3:32 PM Quote
I've never had an arch enemy where I've disliked or hated someone and knew they disliked or hated me back. Sure, there have been a few people in my life that I didn't like for whatever reason, but I just chose to ignore them and surround myself with good people.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 3:52 PM Quote
When I was a teenager there was this one girl who hated me passionately for reasons that were never quite clear. Well actually they were: she was jealous because she perceived that I "stole" her best friend. In fact this girl told me she didn't like this other girl very much but couldn't seem to shake her. And anyway people are allowed to have more than one friend!!

But she really went out of her way to try and make life uncomfortable for me. I tried my best to ignore her. It bothered me but I never let her see that which probably drove her even more nuts.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 8:36 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I've never had an arch enemy where I've disliked or hated someone and knew they disliked or hated me back. Sure, there have been a few people in my life that I didn't like for whatever reason, but I just chose to ignore them and surround myself with good people.

oh wow , good vibes beaming .... what if they're obnoxous AVS supporters ?

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 10:51 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

When you get into your 30's, most of that just goes away.

I flippin' wish!!! I thought that was supposed to happen. But then again maybe it's just the fact that I used to live on a military base where everything is so very exagerated.

I do have an arch enemy, will not go into much detail except to say she is a jealous hag who wanted/possibly still wants all that I have. I'm not a violent person but if I still lived there I very well could be ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:43 AM