Travis

How do you shop for clothes ?
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:20 AM Quote
do you read fashion mags and keep pics of stuff you like ? do you go with a friend ? do you buy on "impulse" ? when you hit the stores, do you seek sales assistants help ?

let me know. thank you.

Re: How do you shop for clothes ?
Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:26 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
do you read fashion mags and keep pics of stuff you like ? do you go with a friend ? do you buy on "impulse" ? when you hit the stores, do you seek sales assistants help ?

let me know. thank you.

i like specific brands because i know it fits well (not "catwalk-build", lol). so i go to three specific shops to buy clothes, but every now and then i bumb into great clothes from other shops too. i enjoy shopping but clothes need to be above everything else comfortable.

Fer Fer
Fer Fer Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:32 AM Quote
I wait til i visit the US to buy all my clothes. It's cheaper, better styles (to me), and i know my exact clothing size there. But when i'm there i usually hit the same stores. I like shopping by myself or with my sister so i have time to look at everything. I usually just pick out what i think is cute, i don't look at magazines or ask any store employees.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:32 AM Quote
i shop in several ways, i do a big shop several times a year with my daughter to advise me on what looks good, i impluse buy in tesco when doing weekly shop and if i see something while in town and i have the money i will buy it. i go by what looks good on me and not by the label

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:32 AM Quote
I always by the same things:
> Colourful (but monochrome) shirts
> Black combats

If someone pesters me (thinking about my Mum or when I was with my ex), I mmight by something a bit different, but I look good in anything, so why bother changing?

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:34 AM Quote
Joe wrote:
I always by the same things:
> Colourful (but monochrome) shirts
> Black combats

If someone pesters me (thinking about my Mum or when I was with my ex), I mmight by something a bit different, but I look good in anything, so why bother changing?

and of course rugby shirts

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:38 AM Quote
I'm not good at shopping... I sometimes browse a bit and find something I like. However, when I really need something like a dress for a wedding or a summer jacket (recent examples), I can visit god knows how many shops and not find anything until I'm desperate lol

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:40 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I'm not good at shopping... I sometimes browse a bit and find something I like. However, when I really need something like a dress for a wedding or a summer jacket (recent examples), I can visit god knows how many shops and not find anything until I'm desperate lol

Oh, and I've only recently started appreciating that shop assistants can be of some help :o) I've got a problem with clothes that somehow mark the waist cos I'm so tall. Really annoying!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:43 AM Quote
Im not that fussy! I'm a strange girl! I can't stand hanging about clothes shops for hours trying things on...I see what I like, buy it and get out of there! Simple! lol

<hopefully I will have luck in finding that something special pretty quickly at the weekend Lol>

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:48 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Im not that fussy! I'm a strange girl! I can't stand hanging about clothes shops for hours trying things on...I see what I like, buy it and get out of there! Simple! lol

I'm the same. Sometimes I'd rather not have to bother shopping at all.
And, like Hanne, I can never find a specific item if I go and look for it.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:17 AM Quote
Me and shops don't go together.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 12:09 PM Quote

i had to go clothes shoppin this past weekend, my GAWD was that painful stuff. try this shirt on, too big, try that shirt on too fucking small and on and on. !!i-hate-shopping-for-clothes!!

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 12:11 PM Quote
mostely is it impulsive, when i shop with my friends most of the times i dont see anything, and when i dont look, i see the most beautifull things....

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 2:50 PM Quote
I loooooooooooove shopping for clothes! I have an eclectic style. I just wear whatever looks cute on me :O)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:03 PM Quote
Usually in clothes shops. No, scrub that. Usually in Primark or Dunnes

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:47 AM