Travis

long way down/ before you were young
thatlinewasfine
thatlinewasfine Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 2:41 PM Quote
Hi all im new to the messageboard but have been a huge travis fan since 98.just wanted to say please travis release a double A side of long way down and before you were young as i think they are the two best travis songs on ode and it really shows the two sides of travis,my wife and friends dont really like travis but love these two songs and i think it would be a crime if they were not released.i know they prob will not get to no 1 or nething but i think they would gain more airplay than something anyhing and song to self,neway fran an co if your reaing please consider,cheers

Re: long way down/ before you were young
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 3:24 PM Quote
Hi and welcome :)

The singles conundrum.....

Athough I'm a fan of SA , I think it probably wasn't the best choice for the first 'main' radio single. I remember Ken Bruce first playing it and I was thinking it didn't come across as commercial as it needed to for radio. Its one that needs a couple of listens but I do think it did the job in describing the vibe of the album.

In another era , this album would have produced one single after another.

I've put in another post that I think a number of tracks would be good singles , such is the quality of the album but its a very tough choice which one is best! .

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
Hey there, welcome to (posting in) the forum. :)

I'm not sure you'll be in luck with any more single releases but LWD/BYWY would be a killer combo. Hopefully it won't be too long before some new songs are released anyway.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 6:14 PM Quote
Hey!
Welcome :)

And good idea, but l prefer Chinese Blues and Quite Free ;)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 10:02 PM Quote
Welcome:)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 10:35 PM Quote
Welcome! :)

I doubt we'll get any more singles now unfortunately. But they wouldn't chart or get on the radio anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Personally i think Chinese Blues, Quite Free and Last Words would be better singles. ;)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 7:53 AM Quote
Hey there Welcome In=D

Awesome faves there!I love BYWY,Last Words,Quite Free and Long Way Down the most from Ode=D

Have fun here!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 2:03 AM Quote
Welcome!
I don't think we will get any more singles either... Pity! :o( 'Cause there are great songs that could've been released as single.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:28 AM