Travis

"Sarah" live
deebee
deebee Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 5:39 PM Quote
WOW this has appeared in the setlist in Japan!!!!
Please, tell us how it sounded. I would love to hear this song live with just Fran's voice floating across the room and that beautiful piano, aaah...........

Re:
leticia
leticia Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 5:45 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
WOW this has appeared in the setlist in Japan!!!!
Please, tell us how it sounded. I would love to hear this song live with just Fran's voice floating across the room and that beautiful piano, aaah...........

OMG!!! I want to know that too! I feel so jealous right now... XD!!!

Re:
Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 6:09 PM Quote
Oh man, how cool is that?! I would love to hear about it too. Someone please tell!

Re:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 6:14 PM Quote
Wow!!!! Lucky people!!! I adore that song!!
I too want to know how it sounded!

Re:
Lu122
Lu122 Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 6:14 PM Quote
So this makes me even more desperate to have them back in Argentina!

If someone has a recording of this, please upload it...

Re:
deebee
deebee Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 6:44 PM Quote
I hope there was a positive reaction to this live. Maybe then the guys will realise what a wonderful song they've created. It could be another Pipe Dreams - never released as a single, but one we always like to hear at a gig :-)

Re:
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 7:08 PM Quote
Blimey! that ticket was a winner :)

Re:
Free Soul
Free Soul Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 10:14 PM Quote
They played this on the first date of their British Tour at Inverness. Republic tigers were held at customs so Travis were their own support. They played straight through Ode to J Smith went off came back on and sang over 20 more songs including Sarah which was absolutely amazing, very emotional and every bit as good as you would imagine it to be. Brillant song, amazing gig.

Re:
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 10:55 PM Quote
AND ' Last Train !!!......Just sorta snucked in ....I dont think I woulda heard much after that :)

Re:
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 11:19 PM Quote
Great they played Sarah. :)

But they didn't do Last Train i don't think. I think this here is the real set list as they changed Last Train recently too:

http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=11540&p=6

Re:
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:38 AM Quote
"Sarah" is the hidden track for japanesse edition of Ode (I always asked me why only Japan receives those privileges :D) and I think that's why they decided play it in Osaka...

I hope you have same lucky ;)

Re: Re:
deebee
deebee Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 7:23 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Great they played Sarah. :)

But they didn't do Last Train i don't think. I think this here is the real set list as they changed Last Train recently too:

http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=11540&p=6

Thanks Ben - hadn't spotted this!

Re:
silvella
silvella Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 8:34 AM Quote
Oh, thats cool! I'm jealous, too! ;) Does somebody record it, please, and put it on youtube??? Have fun on the gigs, guys!

Re: Re:
Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 11:43 AM Quote
Free Soul wrote:
They played this on the first date of their British Tour at Inverness. Republic tigers were held at customs so Travis were their own support. They played straight through Ode to J Smith went off came back on and sang over 20 more songs including Sarah which was absolutely amazing, very emotional and every bit as good as you would imagine it to be. Brillant song, amazing gig.

well in this case support bands can be held up more often ! :-D

Re:
deebee
deebee Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:01 PM Quote
Or just forget the support bands completely. Travis don't need another group to get the audience "warmed up"

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:43 PM