Travis

What's the Song that Did It for You?
velouria
velouria Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 2:57 AM Quote
Since I'm new to the world of Travis, I was wondering how everyone got into the band. Personally, I was watching videos with Demetri Martin and found out he was in the "Selfish Jean" video. Watched the rest of their videos and was amazed by both how good the songs and videos were. "Driftwood" really made me realize that I needed their music.

Re: What's the Song that Did It for You?
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 5:18 AM Quote
mmmm
in my case I didn't know the band by their videos :) here in Peru, in 2001, "Why does it..." sounds a lot in the radios (not "WTRY", "Driftwood" or "Turn") and the songs from "The invisible band" too. I was loved to hear "WDIAROM" and "Sing" but was "Side" the song who really brought me to this world :D

yurieee
yurieee Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 6:02 AM Quote
I heard "Why does it always rain on me" first on the radio while in a car travelling in New Zealand ,back at the year 2000 i supposed. it was played so often that i kind of stuck to the rhythm at the very first time i heard the song.And then the next few days i saw them(Travis) in the Brit Pop Award on TV. They looked cuter than i expected.eiei
but poor that when i came back to Thailand, Travis wasn't that hits util their 3rd album. So that's when i start to get involve with Travis..

Oh Yeah~~~

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 7:20 AM Quote
My very first Travis experience came when i saw a live performance(can't remember the venue thou) of Sing being shown on my local TV many years ago...Fran played the piano and he sounded so good that I knew i had to hunt the band down!Then I started listening to their other tracks and when i heard WDIAROM i knew I had to discover more of their songs.I've never heard such beautiful songwriting and arrangement before coz all that i ever listen to in high school was macdonald's-pop-crappy-music=/

It definitely came as like a revelation for me.But i have to say Somewhere Else was the song that got me hooked and wanting to hear more of their music=)I never looked back since!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 9:19 AM Quote
I'd already known Why Does It Always Rain On Me but it was actually Sing, Side and Flowers In The Window that made me get The Invisible Band. Travis were the first band I was into. Before Travis I would say it wasn't what I would consider to be good proper music. Then I started loving stuff. :)

silvella
silvella Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 9:52 AM Quote
Good question!!
But I don't know! I guess it was FITW or Sing, but I'm not sure. Once, after listening to it on the Radio, I've bought TIB. And my opinion about it was: It's okay. A few years later, I've heard that Travis made a new CD, TBWNN (thought it is their second at this time, LOL!!!), and then I saw that they have a gig not far from me. Okay, could be a nice evening, and I went there... and this evening the Travis tsunami that rolled over me started to roll. So I must say: it was not a song, it was a gig! It was the guys that I met after the show, it was the unique way they are performing their music... Now that I know the whole Travis music, my song is Driftwood (which I actually didn't know before the first gig!!).

SamHolden
SamHolden Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 11:11 AM Quote
I'd always liked Travis, and had all the singles from the man who and the invisible band, but I didn't know they'd had more albums until I heard Closer in about december 2007.
then I heard my eyes and that was amazing so I bought the boy with no name and I loved prtty much every track.
so then i looked into travis properly and bought 12 memories and good feeling, then downloaded some B-sides and now I'm a fanatic!

SamHolden
SamHolden Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 11:11 AM Quote
I'd always liked Travis, and had all the singles from the man who and the invisible band, but I didn't know they'd had more albums until I heard Closer in about december 2007.
then I heard my eyes and that was amazing so I bought the boy with no name and I loved prtty much every track.
so then i looked into travis properly and bought 12 memories and good feeling, then downloaded some B-sides and now I'm a fanatic!

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 11:59 AM Quote
It was no song in particular for me. I had liked Travis since I first heard SING, but I had never taken the time to find out more about them so I never became a fan and only enjoyed their music whenever I heard them on the radio or saw them on TV... But then in 2007 they took part in a festival I was going to because of The Killers and that was it for me... I became a fan immediately!

Their show was so mind-blowing! I had never realised how talented they were nor did I had any idea of them being such lovely people until that day! The next day I became a member of this wonderful board, downloaded (oops!) all their records and I don't think there's ever been a day that passes by without me listening to Travis since then =D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 12:05 PM Quote
At the time of the Invisible Band, Side was on Swedish radio all of the time, so I got the record and since that day my love for Travis has only grow..

Selfish-Vii
Selfish-Vii Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 1:01 PM Quote
with " Re-Offender " !!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 1:23 PM Quote
Met them with Sing, loved every single they released afterwards and then in 2004 I decided that it was about time I got their albums. So it wasn't just a song but a sum of songs :o)

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 1:34 PM Quote
I think that the first song I listenened was WDIAROM in MTV. But the one that made me fall in love with them was Indefinitely. I couldn't stop listening to them from then on : )

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 1:35 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I'd already known Why Does It Always Rain On Me but it was actually Sing, Side and Flowers In The Window that made me get The Invisible Band. Travis were the first band I was into. Before Travis I would say it wasn't what I would consider to be good proper music. Then I started loving stuff. :)

Exactly the same here. :)

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 8:13 PM Quote

I was really into the song sing - when it was new - and played on radio - and I loved the video ;) (we also had food that year - so that's why..)

but as soon they were off the radio - I totally forgot about them -

so what really dragged me into it was: Love will come through. It's THE song for me - and ever will be :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:27 PM