Travis

Last Words
mili
mili Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 6:39 PM Quote
I was walking with Ode on my iPod the other day and trying to listen to the backgrounds instead of Fran when the cello in Last Words blew me out all of a sudden (at 03.03 or so). The background of the whole song is so rich, and I'm sure it gets faster around 3.40 onwards. Love this song!

Re: Last Words
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 6:59 PM Quote
It's definitely one of my favourites! It's really beautiful :o)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 7:20 PM Quote
It's on the TOP of my favourite songs! I really love it :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 7:25 PM Quote
The guitar riff really rawks! :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 9:15 PM Quote
I love it :o). Music and lyrics are perfect.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 9:35 PM Quote
Classic Travis. It's one of the songs which makes Ode a great album. I'd put it as about my 4th or 5th favourite i think on the album. :) Would have been a wonderful single back in the day. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 3:16 AM Quote
My favorite on the album for sure. I love everything about this song. I feel like the lyrics were written for me.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 3:42 AM Quote
I think were 3 or 4 songs of Ode that caught me with only listen once: "J Smith", "Friends", "Last words"
(and "Get Up" too -hahaha, it's only a joke Juli and Ben...no angry please! I mean "Sarah", such a lovely song)

BenFilbert wrote:
Classic Travis. It's one of the songs which makes Ode a great album. I'd put it as about my 4th or 5th favourite i think on the album. :) Would have been a wonderful single back in the day. :)

I remember Fran said that it has many posibilities of being a single.... still have that chance?

Fran wrote:
Anyways this sounds like it could be a single...

mmmm
:)

leticia
leticia Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 11:27 AM Quote
One of my favs too :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 11:51 AM Quote
Last Words has the best of Travis gathered in one song:

* Sweet Banjo
* Rocky Andy riffs
* Sweet melody
* Beautiful lyrics and singing from Fran
* A haunting bass-line

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 2:47 PM Quote
Guitar riff/solo makes it for me. Probs my fav, or at least one of my favs, off Ode.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 3:45 PM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
I think were 3 or 4 songs of Ode that caught me with only listen once: "J Smith", "Friends", "Last words"
(and "Get Up" too -hahaha, it's only a joke Juli and Ben...no angry please! I mean "Sarah", such a lovely song)

BenFilbert wrote:

I remember Fran said that it has many posibilities of being a single.... still have that chance?

Fran wrote:
Anyways this sounds like it could be a single...

mmmm
:)

lol To be honest there was only one that caught me on first listen and that was Quite Free. Didn't like Last Words at first but after 5 or 6 listens more of the songs started to get to me and Last Words is one of my favourites on the album now. Better than most on TBWNN. :)

I think it's too late now. It's starting to look as if there won't be another single from the album.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 9:23 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Last Words has the best of Travis gathered in one song:

* Sweet Banjo
* Rocky Andy riffs
* Sweet melody
* Beautiful lyrics and singing from Fran
* A haunting bass-line

Huh
You're right!
lt is a really really well-elaborated song

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:26 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

To be honest there was only one that caught me on first listen and that was Quite Free.

I think it's too late now. It's starting to look as if there won't be another single from the album.

Noooo 'QUITE FREE " HAS to be a single ; I can hear it everywhere , beach , bus, road, shop, cheerily twinkling along ..

I dont think Last Words is quite as good for single material and I didn't think STS was the best choice, although in a different era both would be hits ; I think its a bit 'too' Travis in that it is similar sounding to another and so may go unnoticed . 'Quite Free' brings a new energy and a 'whose that?' feel

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 2:44 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

To be honest there was only one that caught me on first listen and that was Quite Free.

Noooo 'QUITE FREE " HAS to be a single ; I can hear it everywhere , beach , bus, road, shop, cheerily twinkling along ..

I dont think Last Words is quite as good for single material and I didn't think STS was the best choice, although in a different era both would be hits ; I think its a bit 'too' Travis in that it is similar sounding to another and so may go unnoticed . 'Quite Free' brings a new energy and a 'whose that?' feel

I support you, i prefer a lot QUITE FREE than Last Words. I listened Quite Free in Berlin airport in a magazine store and in a McDonalds.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:04 PM