Travis

Finnish help needed!
la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
I've found this beautiful stole that I want to knit, the only problem is that the pattern is in Finnish! I've tried translating it using Google Translate, which translates "Kun työn korkeus on 15 mallikertaa, neulo kuusi kerrosta ainaoikeaa
ja päättele huivi melko löysästi" to "When the work height is 15 times the design, neulo six floors always right
and the heads of telecommunications scarf rather loosely". Now I'm only guessing, but I think that's not what it's supposed to mean. Could someone please translate the following for me?

- Kun työn korkeus on 15 mallikertaa, neulo kuusi kerrosta ainaoikeaa ja päättele huivi melko löysästi.

- Ruutupiirros alkaa kerrokselta kaksi ja ruutupiirrokseen on merkitty ainoastaan oikeat kerrokset. Nurjalla neulotaan nurjaa. Neulo aluksi oikea reunakaavio, sitten toista kuviokaavio neljä kertaa, jonka jälkeen neulo vasen reunakaavio.

Thanks so much!

Re: Finnish help needed!
mili
mili Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 9:10 PM Quote

Ok, here goes. I knit some basic stuff like socks, but I've never discussed it in English!

- Kun työn korkeus on 15 mallikertaa, neulo kuusi kerrosta ainaoikeaa ja päättele huivi melko löysästi.

"When the work height is 15 times the motif, knit six rows garter stitch
and then bind off the scarf quite loosely".

- Ruutupiirros alkaa kerrokselta kaksi ja ruutupiirrokseen on merkitty ainoastaan oikeat kerrokset. Nurjalla neulotaan nurjaa. Neulo aluksi oikea reunakaavio, sitten toista kuviokaavio neljä kertaa, jonka jälkeen neulo vasen reunakaavio.

"The design marked in the checked pattern starts from the second row and only the rows of garter stich are marked. When you turn the work around you should purl (I'm not familiar with knitting vocab, hope you understand me! In other words, the scarf should be smooth on one side (garter stich)). Start with the right edge motif, then repeat the check pattern four times and then knit the left edge motif."

Hope this helps!

I'd like to see this design!

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 2:26 PM Quote
Aaahhh thank you thank you THANK YOU! It all makes sense now! The pattern can be found here. There are millions of beautiful Finnish patterns, http://www.ullaneule.net/ is an online knitting magazine but most of the patterns are in Finnish. I've considered learning the language, but it's one of the most difficult I've ever come across!

Thanks again:)

mili
mili Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 2:41 PM Quote
You're welcome :^)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:10 PM