Travis

New Travis Interview
RobinClash
RobinClash Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 2:46 PM Quote
Hi folks

There's a great new interview with Travis available for you to read. Neil Primrose talks about their new found independence, the new album and how the music industry has changed. Fascinating stuff.

Read it here:

http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/travis

Re: New Travis Interview
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 3:39 PM Quote
Brilliant. Thanks very much! :)

So then, Neil wants to get back in the studio and make another album (guess that's what he means)! :) Hopefully the other 3 guys feel up to it too. Though, I'd still like a little more time spent on the writing etc. :)

Very interestingly he wants more people to appreciate the album and wants more attention given to the band. Without promotion, it isn't going to happen. Travis singles can still chart top 10 but only if people know they exist.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 4:17 PM Quote
Erg:
"I don’t really know in this current climate whether it’s worth going out touring"

Don't you mess with our ABC plans Neil!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 5:05 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Erg:
"I don’t really know in this current climate whether it’s worth going out touring"

Wait, what?!? COME ON MAN! You MUST TOUR!

wdiarom
wdiarom Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 5:09 PM Quote
The result was one of their strongest albums in years, a collection of songs with no other agenda than to say something worth hearing.

BenFilbert wrote:
Very interestingly he wants more people to appreciate the album and wants more attention given to the band. Without promotion, it isn't going to happen.

right!, but as Neil says they're doing it: ...without having the networking capability that a record company has.

Great interview!!! Thanks for the link! :D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 6:04 PM Quote
Yes, and that was their choice. If they want more people to hear the album, they will have to promote it more. :)

Wossie is back soon on BBC1. Would be good to get on there. :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 10:11 PM Quote
Travis will be around when the others have gone - no question!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 11:06 AM Quote
Great interview! Very interesting to read Neils views on things =)

I just hope that more people appreciate the record, and give us a bit more attention. In terms not of liking us as we were before, as we’re an adaptable group, but just appreciating where we are now. It would be good to just put the record on, and go out and play for the fans who’ve supported us over the years.

Yeah I hope that too!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 11:21 AM Quote
Any tips for aspiring acts?
There’s one tip for anyone entering whatever kind of world we’re in at the moment, music business wise or band wise. That’s just that every band coming up right now should have a listen to the album by Fleet Foxes. There’re three reasons – one, the musicianship is fantastic; two, the singing and harmonies are excellent; and three, the production is wonderful. I saw them live recently and they were just phenomenal, very close to the record. It’s my album of the year, and is probably one of the few albums I actually bought last year as I thought a lot of what came out was rubbish. I mean, it’s very retro and very folky but it’s been produced by guys who feel there’s something going inside them, and they wanted to put it down on record. And they’ve done it very well.

Omg!Awesome words from Neil!Everyone should check out Fleet Foxes=)))
I bought their album as well and its phenomenal taking into account it's their first=D

Thanx for posting this.Enjoyed reading it so much=)

owenlee
owenlee Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 11:50 AM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
Any tips for aspiring acts?
There’s one tip for anyone entering whatever kind of world we’re in at the moment, music business wise or band wise. That’s just that every band coming up right now should have a listen to the album by Fleet Foxes. There’re three reasons – one, the musicianship is fantastic; two, the singing and harmonies are excellent; and three, the production is wonderful. I saw them live recently and they were just phenomenal, very close to the record. It’s my album of the year, and is probably one of the few albums I actually bought last year as I thought a lot of what came out was rubbish. I mean, it’s very retro and very folky but it’s been produced by guys who feel there’s something going inside them, and they wanted to put it down on record. And they’ve done it very well.

Omg!Awesome words from Neil!Everyone should check out Fleet Foxes=)))
I bought their album as well and its phenomenal taking into account it's their first=D

Thanx for posting this.Enjoyed reading it so much=)

I also recommend Fleet Foxes. check it out:P
http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=11184&p=2

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 3:32 PM Quote
owenlee wrote:
[quote="frandougeil"]

Haha=)Fleet Foxes is awesome!!

Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago is great as well!His track Skinny Love is addictive!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 08 Jan, 2009 3:54 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Erg:

Wait, what?!? COME ON MAN! You MUST TOUR!

I was going to say the exact same thing!
Please tour!!! :o(

owenlee
owenlee Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 3:26 AM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
owenlee wrote:
[quote="frandougeil"]

Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago is great as well!His track Skinny Love is addictive!

I dig the track "Re:stacks" a lot, which was used in House M.D, the last episode of season 4. Actually, I cried when I heard Re:stacks appearing, feeling both surprised and happy. The track is sooooo natural.
:)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Fri 09 Jan, 2009 7:15 AM Quote
owenlee wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
owenlee wrote:
[quote="frandougeil"]

I dig the track "Re:stacks" a lot, which was used in House M.D, the last episode of season 4. Actually, I cried when I heard Re:stacks appearing, feeling both surprised and happy. The track is sooooo natural.
:)

I'm a really amateur Bon Iver fan=P
I haven't heard all his songs and have yet to get his album,
but his album came out tops on so many album of the year charts.He's pure genius just like fleet foxes!!I watch House sometimes not till season 4 thou..It's not showing in my country yet.But yeah its awesome hearing songs i love being played on my fave Tv Shows=))Makes me tear too.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 10 Jan, 2009 7:33 PM Quote
Thanks for the link. It would have been nice to see which songs he likes and hates off Ode. You can tell that it's more rewarding for them doing it all on their own. And it's cool that he wants to record so soon after releasing this.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:50 PM