Travis

New Year Cleaning Frenzy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
I'm starting my mad cleaning frenzy today. I just rediscovered this in the back of a closet. Think it's time to let it go?

Kodak Disc

Re: New Year Cleaning Frenzy
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
Not if you also have that puppy!

Erg, i want to clear everything out, throw out half of it and start a new. Specifically with my clothing, but throwing out some of that stuff will make me so sad, even if i havent worn them in years.

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I'm starting my mad cleaning frenzy today. I just rediscovered this in the back of a closet. Think it's time to let it go?

Kodak Disc

lol, oh my god, I've got a camera like this somewhere, too. my first camera, I loved it! couldn't bring myself to give it away even though you can't get the discs here anymore ;(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
That is exactly the way I feel, Kristy. Where did all this stuff come from? Why is it here?

I am cleaning with this William Morris quote in mind:
“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”

I have some sentimental clothing, too. My red and white striped shirt from the Gap. I have had it since I was 16. I refuse to get rid of it, although I cannot wear it in public anymore because the edges of the sleeves and neck are fraying. It is not useful, but I believe it to be beautiful.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
I have to get rid of everything that is too big, too small, i never wear, etc...regardless of what i paid for it and if i have even worn it.
This includes the top and skirt that I wore to my highschool grad that at the time i thought was really cute and now dislike and the shirt is too small and the skirt is too big (apperently i both grew and shrunk?) but I didnt want to get rid of because I wore it to grad. But under my gown. So no one saw it anyways!
Im just going to give it all away to charity. I will have more room, and feel less guilty when i buy new stuff.
Okay, that's it. Im commiting to it.
And then commiting myself to a mental hospital.

ps-i am not however getting rid of 2 tshirts from grade 4 that i love and are full of so many holes im not sure they can be considered shirts anymore.
pss-i can see this is not going to go well.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
If you donate the stuff to charity, get a receipt for it and you can deduct it from your taxes. (At least you can do that here.) Once I found out about that, I quit having garage sales.

Ok, I have to make lunch for the troops and back to the grindstone. I'll let you know if I find anything else interesting.

P.S. I would be absolutely delighted if I tried on an outfit and found the shirt was too small and the skirt was too big! Unfortunately it's usually the other way around. Or even worse, everything is too small.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
yup, we have that here too.
There is no way im holding onto this stuff until the summer for a garage sale.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
I love the commercial! If you get that happy with it, maybe you should keep it?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U-CBmGSKP4o&feature=related

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Dec, 2008 5:32 PM Quote
There are about a hundred Kodak Disc cameras on eBay with 0 bids.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 2:13 PM Quote
isn't it like bad luck to clean around new years ? you can accidently throw out your good luck

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 2:24 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
isn't it like bad luck to clean around new years ? you can accidently throw out your good luck

Is that some sorta of old hippie proverb?

If i uncover my good luck in the back of my closet, I will be sure to put it in a safe place. It would be nice to find after all these years.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Is that some sorta of old hippie proverb?

how would i know ?

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 2:56 PM Quote
Sorting my wardrobe.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
Peewee sent me all the Irish luck I could ever need.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 1:20 PM Quote
Talking of New Year cleaning etc. I have a question! When are you supposed to take your Christmas Tree down????

Have I passed that date? I'm I going to have 7 yrs bad luck now? lol

I don't have the TIME to do it....will have to wait until Saturday! ek

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:27 AM