Travis

17 Kids and Counting...ridiculous
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 3:59 AM Quote
Has anyone seen this show on TLC? It's a reality show of this family that has 17 kids (and their names all start with the letter J). It's annoying and the family actually makes me angry because they are so...goody two shoes ish, but for some reason I am watching it. And one of the older boys in the family is engaged and him and his fiance haven't and aren't going to kiss until their wedding! It's a kiss! You won't go to hell! She won't get knocked up! They picked a name of out a hat of one of the younger siblings and that kid had to go on a date with them as a chaperone. The 14 year old with them to make sure they werent tempted into any dangerous behaviour. You know how dangerious a kiss is! And it wasnt even a date. they went and looked at the house they were going to move into.

Oh man. I just read that kid # 18 is on the way.

Sorry. I just wanted to vent about how annoying i find this family. They are so bland and good that I want to poke my eyes out with my knitting needle. Im turning back to watch the last period of the hockey game and then watch Moulin Rouge. Hockey and Ewan will make me feel better!

Re: 17 Kids and Counting...ridiculous
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 4:05 AM Quote
Yes.

They're form Arkansas, and the dad's name is Jim Bob, and they're conservative baptists that should give some insight to the family...

Joshua
Jana (twin)
John - David (<--????) (twin)
Jill
Jessa
Jinger
Joseph
Josiah
Joy-Anna
Jeremiah (twin)
Jedidiah (twin)
Jason
James
Justin
Jackson
Johannah
Jennifer

All of their other specials were called "...and counting" because there were always expecting another baby during the filming. And they probably have no intention of stopping because, and I quote: "Michelle miscarried while on birth control and was able to conceive many more times once she stopped taking birth control."

ISN'T THAT THE POINT OF BIRTH CONTROL???

I caught some of it after John and Kate plus 8 last Monday, and it showed them making their own soap... *rolls eyes*

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 4:13 AM Quote
Jim Bob! Yes!
ERG! Why does this bug me so much? I need a life

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 4:30 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Jim Bob! Yes!
ERG! Why does this bug me so much? I need a life

Because they're perfect. You never see them yell or fight. You never see the mom reach behind her in the van and give one of those kids a good smack in the head. It's just... eerie. But if they're providing for their family and if each child is properly taken care of then... oh well.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 4:40 AM Quote
They made their own soap? dear lord.

On the other hand, I really like Jon & Kate. kate annoys me sometimes, but the kids are so cute and hilarious. And they seem more real. They fight, the kids misbehave. But seriously kate, let your kids play with paint! I know it's messy, but they are kids!

physke
physke Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 4:56 AM Quote
Is she simply giving birth or multiplying herself by dividing? I cannot believe she has 17 (seventeen) kids!!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 5:02 AM Quote
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1308/1001301886_f1ab3f666d.jpg ahhhhh

they must just fall out by now.

physke
physke Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 5:07 AM Quote
They are really cute! I might support the mother now, this is a good generation:)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 6:20 AM Quote

Birth Control??? How was that woman ever on Birth Control? lol! She has had to be pregnant nearly all of her adult life!! One after the other! God! It's freakin' WEIRD! I find it really creepy how "goody-two-shoes" this family is as well, and in my opinion, it's wrong to have so many children. 1.) That lady is going to die young and leave her herd of kids motherless. When you have a child, do you know how much strain that puts on your body and how much they take out of you? Think of 17!!! It's insane! I'm surprised doctors haven't warned her or tired to talk her out of it. 2.) The kids are going to grow up weird and be socially retarded. What sort of life is it to barely get any one-on-one time with your mother and father? And the older kids have to cook, clean and do laundry and care for the younger kids. What a sucky childhood.

The only good thing they have going for them is that it seems as though they have enough money to support their kids. Wonder what the hell he does for a living? If they didn't, then that would be REALLY wrong, especially if they were looking for hand-outs from the government or charities. But, I don't think they are...although I'm sure they're getting a boat-load of money for doing this TV show. I know on John and Kate Plus 8, she had twins and then got 6 others at once...not by choice. So, I don't mind that they get stuff from charities.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 6:30 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Birth Control??? How was that woman ever on Birth Control? lol! She has had to be pregnant nearly all of her adult life!! One after the other! God! It's freakin' WEIRD! I find it really creepy how "goody-two-shoes" this family is as well, and in my opinion, it's wrong to have so many children. 1.) That lady is going to die young and leave her herd of kids motherless. When you have a child, do you know how much strain that puts on your body and how much they take out of you? Think of 17!!! It's insane! I'm surprised doctors haven't warned her or tired to talk her out of it. 2.) The kids are going to grow up weird and be socially retarded. What sort of life is it to barely get any one-on-one time with your mother and father? And the older kids have to cook, clean and do laundry and care for the younger kids. What a sucky childhood.

The only good thing they have going for them is that it seems as though they have enough money to support their kids. Wonder what the hell he does for a living? If they didn't, then that would be REALLY wrong, especially if they were looking for hand-outs from the government or charities. But, I don't think they are...although I'm sure they're getting a boat-load of money for doing this TV show. I know on John and Kate Plus 8, she had twins and then got 6 others at once...not by choice. So, I don't mind that they get stuff from charities.

1. They own a lot of properties that they rent out. They can support themselves, but they still shop at goodwill and what not.

2. In reference to Jon & Kate, it kind of was their choice to have that many kids. I know when you undergo in vitro that the goal is just to produce ONE fetus, and they knew that the risks were high for multiples since they got twins the first time around. They weighed the options and decided to go through with it. And they were given the option of selection and it went against their beliefs. So it kind of was their risk, and technically, she didn't have to have another 6 babies, but she did.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 6:46 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

1. They own a lot of properties that they rent out. They can support themselves, but they still shop at goodwill and what not.

2. In reference to Jon & Kate, it kind of was their choice to have that many kids. I know when you undergo in vitro that the goal is just to produce ONE fetus, and they knew that the risks were high for multiples since they got twins the first time around. They weighed the options and decided to go through with it. And they were given the option of selection and it went against their beliefs. So it kind of was their risk, and technically, she didn't have to have another 6 babies, but she did.

Yeah, you have a point there, the risk is very high for multiples, so it was their choice to take that chance. Did you ever see her pregnant stomach? Dear God.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 6:54 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Yeah, you have a point there, the risk is very high for multiples, so it was their choice to take that chance. Did you ever see her pregnant stomach? Dear God.

I believe Jon called it, "jowls of a dog."

Ouch.

but then she got free lipo from a woman who watched the show and had a plastic surgeon for a husband.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 7:37 AM Quote
Oh dear, they have an entire tv show?? I remember seeing them in a documentary a while ago. They went to this conference thingy with other families with an awful lot of children. They went to see 'families with the same lifestyle choice' as they put it.

That thing with the kiss is absolutely ridiculous. I'm just thinking, what if they finally kiss and realise that they don't really like to kiss that person? Am I the only who tried thinking I fancied someone and then be disappointed when I kissed this man?

physke
physke Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 8:00 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Oh dear, they have an entire tv show?? I remember seeing them in a documentary a while ago. They went to this conference thingy with other families with an awful lot of children. They went to see 'families with the same lifestyle choice' as they put it.

That thing with the kiss is absolutely ridiculous. I'm just thinking, what if they finally kiss and realise that they don't really like to kiss that person? Am I the only who tried thinking I fancied someone and then be disappointed when I kissed this man?

The interesting thing is that they can wait for a kiss maybe for a year but then do not hesitate for a (or 17) child even for a second... give birth...give birth... again...

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 9:05 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1308/1001301886_f1ab3f666d.jpg ahhhhh

they must just fall out by now.

i instantly hate them on the basis of this photo

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:30 AM