Travis

only 5 milllion to the Congo
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 01 Nov, 2008 11:53 PM Quote
from the UK
All things considered, Jonathon Ross would have been better working and offering 1 years salary to this cause.This would have saved his bacon too , longer term if Terry Wogan is right about his future.

Re: only 5 milllion to the Comgo
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 12:01 AM Quote

Why should the UK have to bail them out ?? 5 Mill is a lot of money when the world is in an economic slump ?? as for Ross and Brand they are just a couple of spoilt arrogant wanks who believe they can get away with whatever they feel like.

Dubz

Re: only 5 milllion to the Congo
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 7:54 AM Quote
5 mill is nothing. less than 1 yrs salary for some was my point though.

AfTer all the financial bailing out and the reasons for bailing out , starving to death is still never one of them.

Re: only 5 milllion to the Comgo
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 11:54 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
5 mill is nothing. less than 1 yrs salary for some was my point though.

AfTer all the financial bailing out and the reasons for bailing out , starving to death is still never one of them.

Oh I agree, I'll bet their are bankers out there losing there jobs who are getting a damn site more than 5 Million in redundancy and that will be before they take home consultancy fees for sitting on the boards of several large companies, which basically means they turn up to 4 or 5 meetings a year and take home a massive wedge of cash.

My point is why is it falling to the average tax payer to foot the bill once again ??

Dubz

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 1:17 PM Quote
Ah yes the taxpayer......those are the people who the govt got to lend to the Banks, who, by way of return , altered their rules to repossess the taxpayer's homes if they are 1 payment late in their credit cards or their mortgage - with the money they owe to themselves.

I suppose we should be glad we are not starving , only homeless.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 3:44 PM Quote
I recently read smewhere that if you have Shelter(home, heat etc.), Clean Water (Hot or Cold Running) and Food. You are better off than 70% of the worlds population.

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:20 PM