Travis

Quick question
Joe
Joe Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 7:59 AM Quote
Did anyone else, by any chance, not listen to the radio on Saturday, thus not being reminded about the whole winding the clocks back an hour thing and subsequently arrive 42 mins early for work (having thought you were late) or was that just me?

Joe

Re: Quick question
mili
mili Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 8:48 AM Quote
Sorry, no.
I went through all our clocks on Saturday night, except that one radio controlled alarm clock, that moved itself at 3 am. Also digibox and computer updated themselves automatically.

Joe
Joe Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 8:50 AM Quote
I didn't have Internet or telly this weekend, and I didn't listen to the radio, so no way of knowing. Gutted.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 8:59 AM Quote
Not this year but have done before, one year I moved the clocks forward instead of back and was two hours ahead of everyone else.

Dubz

btw nice to see you around again, how you settling in Glesgae ??

Joe
Joe Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 9:06 AM Quote
Ooo... Bad luck there.

Nice to be round here again. I actually ended up in Folkestone, Kent, for my placement. Dom (Limey) is in Glasgae with his girlfriend though. He's probably not here very often, 'cause they don't have Internet at the flat.

Joe

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 10:13 AM Quote

Bollocks, I knew even as I was typing that it was wrong, my first thought was to ask you how you wre getting on back in dear ol' Blighty but thought isn't he in Glasgow??, "The first thought is usually the correct thought." Neitzche

Anyway good to see you around mucker.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:19 PM Quote
Haha yes we did balls it up! the bf got up next morning for work and rang his mate, where he got a swift it's fecking 6.10am what are you doing ringing me? lol He usuall gives him a wake up call but not this early. haha He was a tad pissed that he was up awake and ready for work an hour early.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:29 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Haha yes we did balls it up! the bf got up next morning for work and rang his mate, where he got a swift it's fecking 6.10am what are you doing ringing me? lol He usuall gives him a wake up call but not this early. haha He was a tad pissed that he was up awake and ready for work an hour early.

Does he call him every morning? That's so nice!

When I woke up I thought everyone had slept in and thought "ah well, no point in getting up now" except i was an hour ahead of myself and was soon woken again :(

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:45 AM Quote
Haha it's not really in a nice way....this guy has a tendancy to "sleep in" and it's more of a get out of your fecking bed I'm ready to go!!! lol

Ok it's nice in a way! lol

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 4:12 AM Quote
Yes... although I'd rung in sick, so it didn't really matter. I'm so glad I did now, I hate work, sitting there for an hour would have been awful.

I also did that in 2005... thankfully I worked 2 minutes walk from home, so I went home again, and no one knew my stupidity.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:05 PM Quote
Joe wrote:
Ooo... Bad luck there.

Nice to be round here again. I actually ended up in Folkestone, Kent, for my placement. Dom (Limey) is in Glasgae with his girlfriend though. He's probably not here very often, 'cause they don't have Internet at the flat.

Joe

How do you like Folkestone ?

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Not much. It's a shitty stop-off town, for truckers on there way to and from Dover, and people in process with the Immigration service.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
Joe wrote:
Not much. It's a shitty stop-off town, for truckers on there way to and from Dover, and people in process with the Immigration service.

the place looked alright to me but i was an immigrant then.

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 2:17 PM Quote
Dover's nice, so's Brighton, and I've gotta go to Hastings and Canterbujry, but Folkestone... ;-)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:02 AM