Travis

Hey Hey Oasis Fans: NEW tour dates
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
Direct from my inbox...Oh how i'd love to be in Manchester. These go on sale WAY early!

OASIS will undertake their biggest ever tour of open air venues in the UK and Ireland next summer. It includes two dates at the iconic new Wembley Stadium as well as the promised homecoming shows over two nights in Manchester's Heaton Park. The tour will also see the band's first ever visit to Sunderland's Stadium of Light, a welcome return to both Murrayfield and Cardiff's Millennium Stadium and their first headline performance at Ireland's Slane Castle.

The full details of the stadium tour are below:

Saturday 06 June 2009 MANCHESTER, Heaton Park
Sunday 07 June 2009 MANCHESTER, Heaton Park
Wednesday 10 June 2009 SUNDERLAND, Stadium of Light
Friday 12 June 2009 CARDIFF, Millennium Stadium
Wednesday 17 June 2009 EDINBURGH, Murrayfield
Saturday 20 June 2009 DUBLIN, Slane Castle
Saturday 11 July 2009 LONDON, Wembley Stadium
Sunday 12 July 2009 LONDON, Wembley Stadium

Oasis will be joined on all the UK dates by special guests Kasabian and The Enemy

Tickets to see this very special line up are expected to be in excessive demand, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.

Tickets for all shows will go on sale Friday the 24th October at 10.00am through Oasisinet, the Oasis Lo-Call 24-hr hotline, 0844 412 4638 and all usual ticket outlets.

Re: Hey Hey Oasis Fans: NEW tour dates
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 6:03 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Saturday 20 June 2009 DUBLIN, Slane Castle

Woohoo!!! Thanks for all the info :) :) :)

Re: Hey Hey Oasis Fans
Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
Oasis have announced their most extensive Western European tour yet from January to March 2009 in support of their new album 'Dig Out Your Soul'.

The tour, which starts January 12 and continues until the 3rd of March, is the next phase of their massive 14 month 2008/9 World tour and follows on from tour dates in Canada, the UK, Mexico and the USA.

Shows in France, Germany, Austria and Portugal have been confirmed with a number of other countries still to be announced. The confirmed dates are:

MONDAY 12-JAN-09: NANTES Zenith, France.

THURSDAY 15-JAN-09: DRESDEN Messehalle, Germany.

FRIDAY 16-JAN-09: HAMBURG Sporthalle, Germany.

SUNDAY 18-JAN-09: BERLIN Arena, Germany.

MONDAY 19-JAN-09: DUSSELDORF Phillipshalle, Germany.

FRIDAY 30-JAN-09: LILLE Zenith, France.

SATURDAY 31-JAN-09: BORDEAUX Medoquine, France.

SUNDAY 15-FEB-09: LISBON Atlantico Pavillion, Portugal.

TUESDAY 17-FEB-09: TOULOUSE Zenith, France.

WEDNESDAY 18-FEB-09: MARSEILLE Dome, France.

THURSDAY 26-FEB-09: VIENNA Stadthalle, Austria.

FRIDAY 27-FEB-09: MUNICH Zenith, Germany.

TUESDAY 03-MAR-09: PARIS Bercy, France.

Italian Tour
2nd February 2009: MILAN Datchforum
20th February 2009: ROME Palalottomatica
21st February 2009: TREVISO Palaverde
23rd February 2009: BOLZANO Palaonda
24th February 2009: FLORENCE Mandela Forum

They won't come to Spain :(.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
Hey hey! New tale from the middle of nowhere:

Who'd have thought it, eh? (Not me, that's for sure) The 2 nights in Birmingham being the best of the entire world tour so far. I'm not one for blowing smoke up people's arses (does anyone know what that means? Has anyone ever tried it?) but if you were in the crowd on the 2nd night, buy yourselves a drink. It was really special.

I'm currently with my right-hand man Gem. We're on the way to the Republic of Ireland aka 'The Land of my Fathers' to give a press conference in order to make an announcement about some super-gig we're doing there next year. I'd tell you but by the time you read this you'll have heard about it anyway (or maybe not). Either way it'll give me a chance to get rid of some of them Euros at the local sweet shops, Irish sweeties being the best in the world'n'all that.

Mind how you go.

GD.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 6:10 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
Hey hey! New tale from the middle of nowhere:

Who'd have thought it, eh? (Not me, that's for sure) The 2 nights in Birmingham being the best of the entire world tour so far. I'm not one for blowing smoke up people's arses (does anyone know what that means? Has anyone ever tried it?) but if you were in the crowd on the 2nd night, buy yourselves a drink. It was really special.

I'm currently with my right-hand man Gem. We're on the way to the Republic of Ireland aka 'The Land of my Fathers' to give a press conference in order to make an announcement about some super-gig we're doing there next year. I'd tell you but by the time you read this you'll have heard about it anyway (or maybe not). Either way it'll give me a chance to get rid of some of them Euros at the local sweet shops, Irish sweeties being the best in the world'n'all that.

Mind how you go.

GD.

yay! I love Tales From the Middle Nowhere! I hadnt checked it in a few weeks, so thanks for posting it. They are always entertaining.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
There's two tales more:

So..where we were? 4 weeks off? No thanks. Not at my age. Think my missus had had just about enough of my creaky bones moping around the house. In fact, I know she has ‘cos she told me so (more than once).

We are currently in the home of skiffle. Liverpool. Both shows were great (in places). Don’t think the set-list is quite right yet. It’s maybe a bit too long (I think). Them scousers were wild, wild, wild though. You could feel the noise (more of the same for the rest of the tour please). Big thanks to Ricky Hatton who kicked off proceedings by threatening the entire audience! I think every scouse band that ever was was on the guest list. Caught up with old friends and family. Had a few with Digsy (yep him!) and met Andrew Loog Oldham. What a gent.

And I think that was that, apart from me leaving my new electric toothbrush in London, but that’s another story.

We’re homeward bound today. Got a day off in Manchester. It’ll be great to walk those streets again. It’s good to be back.

In a bit.

GD.

Now then. 3 days in Manchester and 2 nights in Sheffield have done us the world of good. Was great being back home where it's at. Makes me wonder what on earth we were thinking about when we left for London all those years ago. The city seems to have gone from strength to strength. A wondrous place indeed. The 2 nights up in Sheffield were colossal. Played like a c*** on the 2nd night, mind. Sorry 'bout that. The 1st night though..phew! It was the gig of the year so far and a pleasure to be there.

Currently on the bus. The boys are trawling through the 2nd series of 'Rising Damp'. Very funny. We're en route to Birmingham. See you there if you're going.

In a bit.

GD

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
My life can go on, knowing that Noel has a new electric toothbrush.

His gf sounds funny, lol. I guess you would have to be, being with Noel. Although ive seen really cute pics of them together. I bet he is actually a real softy.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
I fancy a road trip.

Re: Hey Hey Oasis Fans
ayana
ayana Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:

MONDAY 12-JAN-09: NANTES Zenith, France.

NO WAY! That's brilliant! :oD
Now if Travis could do the same, that'd be awesome...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I fancy a road trip.

If you go to Ireland I will call you a sell out.
Just a warning.

and im sure none of these will compare to their December show in London ONTARIO! Oh right, London is lame, hence why it is refered to in my circle as "the Bad London."

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
I figured out they were playing here after the gig was sold out.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 7:53 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Just a warning.

Pfft

If off to Italy!

Ciao Bella

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Just a warning.

Pfft

If off to Italy!

Ciao Bella

good! and don't come back!

:)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
Argh they go on sale when I'm in Wales recovering from seeing Oasis... How typical.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Fri 17 Oct, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
Some people say that they are coming to Spain in February. It will be amazing!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:29 AM