Travis

Bloody cameras!
cheekyminx
cheekyminx Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
I went to see Travis at the Ritz in Manchester on Sunday and had the experience of watching most of the gig through other people's cameras pretty much the whole way through the gig as they filmed away, and I was 4th row back! I wouldn't mind but isn't it better to experience Travis through your own eyes as opposed to on a 5" screen? Anyone else been bugged by this? Despite this I still had the most fantastic night being entertained by my favourite band :)

Re: Bloody cameras!
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
I didn't film in Manchester so it wasn't me :)

cheekyminx
cheekyminx Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
I believe u lol :) To be honest had great view of Fran, Andy and Neil, it was Dougie I was really wanting to see :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
Haha thats funny ...so lots filming Dougsie , to take home to watch at leisure . Nice bedtime reading :)

cheekyminx
cheekyminx Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
mmmmm :) When I eventually got a good look at him I gave him a cheeky smile and he gave me a beaming one back... heaven

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
Selfish selfish selfish.

One or two pics fine. More than that, and it's total inconsiderate misbehaviour.

cheekyminx
cheekyminx Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Selfish selfish selfish.

One or two pics fine. More than that, and it's total inconsiderate misbehaviour.

Exactly!! That spanish girl in front of me should 'fess up on the Selfish Jean site :) It was quite funny though coz when Fran was talking about Spanish people having the cleanest bums because of their obsession with bidees, the spanish gril went 'ah Spain!' but never understood another word,lol

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
cheekyminx wrote:
Tonie wrote:
Selfish selfish selfish.

Exactly!! That spanish girl in front of me should 'fess up on the Selfish Jean site :) It was quite funny though coz when Fran was talking about Spanish people having the cleanest bums because of their obsession with bidees, the spanish gril went 'ah Spain!' but never understood another word,lol

Bidees are great ;o)

cheekyminx
cheekyminx Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 7:31 PM Quote

Bidees are great ;o) [/quote]

... as long as they're not mistaken for a toilet

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
I mean, with a few exceptions, you just need one shot of each band member during the gig, and the rest is just repetition of the same 5 people in variations of the same pose in the same place, over a 90 minute period!!! It's unlikely that the photographer will pick out shot no 45 and say "mmm that was during Selfish Jean" or whatever....are they?

In Travis' case, I'll make an allowance for 1 extra shot of Andy's acrobatics on the amps, but 1 only! Otherwise, the photographer is occupying somebody else's line of vision for longer than acceptable.

It's like an invasion of personal space, not to mention the complete ruin of a view that you've paid for.

Where can we campaign????

cheekyminx
cheekyminx Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 7:52 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
I mean, with a few exceptions, you just need one shot of each band member during the gig, and the rest is just repetition of the same 5 people in variations of the same pose in the same place, over a 90 minute period!!! It's unlikely that the photographer will pick out shot no 45 and say "mmm that was during Selfish Jean" or whatever....are they?

In Travis' case, I'll make an allowance for 1 extra shot of Andy's acrobatics on the amps, but 1 only! Otherwise, the photographer is occupying somebody else's line of vision for longer than acceptable.

It's like an invasion of personal space, not to mention the complete ruin of a view that you've paid for.

Where can we campaign????

Me thinks we should nick the battery out of their cameras when they're not looking ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 8:10 PM Quote
Maybe some people like to experience the concert a different way.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
i do tend to over-take pictures and will film a song or too but when people are filming the ENTIRE show it is kinda ridiculous. and dont they get sore arms?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 8:37 PM Quote
This is why I like being 6 foot 4.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 04 Oct, 2008 8:40 PM Quote
boo! im 5'4"!! it is NOT helpful!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:53 PM