Travis

Travisonline Chat - Next Chat: Friday the 13th(!) @ 20:00
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 2:15 PM Quote
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/Jearoon/MB/TravisChatLogo.jpg
[Click the banner to be transported to Chatland]

With the initial chat room trial period proving a success, I am pleased to announce the official Travisonline Chat page - a way for boardies to chat with each other in real time! Oh yes, you wont get any twiddling of thumbs and waiting for half an hour after you press the 'post' button here. Although you may get the odd randomly being kicked out of a chat room for no reason but hey, it's all part of the charm.

Of course, anyone can use the chat room any time they like. However to get as many people in the room as possible, us at the Travisonline Chat Ministry thought it'd be a good idea to arrange specific times to gather around in a chat room and, er, chat.

---------------------------------------------------------

All times are GMT (i.e. Messageboard time)

Schedule

Friday 13th November: 20:00

Re: Travisonline Chat
Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
My username is already in use (apparently) ...

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
My username is already in use (apparently) ...

I think this is because the chat room we use (travisonlinechat) is just one of many on the chat 'server' if you will. Basically this means that, although there may be nobody on the travisonline chatroom using your name, there may be someone with your name in one of the many others. Pick a quirky name to make sure you can get in! :P Not that I do with 'Luke' lol...guess my name is rare enough.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 2:39 PM Quote
LOL! Nice work, Luke! :o) I will try to make it on today...but if not, I'll for sure be on during the weekend chat! :) Great idea, sir!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 3:02 PM Quote
i dont think i can make it today as that is 2pm my time (ie the middle of the work day) but i will see what i can do for the weekend!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
I hate the java chats, but I can always use irc and connect to the same server and just join in the same channel :P
Good Idea, anyway *_*

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
Very cool!
I can't make it today. It'd be at 3pm for me and I'll be having tons of fun at work *irony*.
But I'll be there on saturday :o)

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
Cool idea ;)

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
Aww, it's a shame I can't join you all on both dates, but I guess I will join the chat sooner or later :) I hope you all have fun!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
I hate the java chats, but I can always use irc and connect to the same server and just join in the same channel :P
Good Idea, anyway *_*

I've used mIRC in the past, but that's only for Windows so I've downloaded 'Colloquy'. But I don't know how to get on to the java server that the #TravisonlineChat channel is on... if it's even possible. Hmm...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 9:58 PM Quote
Yay! That was fun. I'd say it was a successful day of chatting! :)

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 10:34 PM Quote
i can't use java chats =(

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 10:48 PM Quote
I like the chat-thingy. Farting on floorboards is the best sound......wanna know more? Go visit. Ahem ok I'm hyper and it's bedtime! Over n out!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 11:33 PM Quote
Thanks to all for visiting the chatroom. We could do with finding out what days and times most boardies tend to be free, so as to arrange appropriate chat times. It seems weekends are most sensible, but do people prefer Saturday or Sunday? And, baring in mind the time differences from country to country, would we rather chat in the afternoon, evening or night (messageboard time)?

For those struggling with using Java, it is possible to access the chat room channel in other ways. mIRC for Windows users, or Colloquy for Mac users, are programmes that will allow you to access the #TravisonlineChat channel. Actually these programmes are much better and more stable than the Java chat room. But they can be a bit baffling to set up for those who aren't familiar with IRC. Don't worry though, its quick to do. Give me a shout if you want to use 'em and don't know how.

The Chat Server is: irc.ircstorm.net
The Port: just put 6667, that's what it usually is by default anyway.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 2:01 AM Quote
hey great idea!!!

unfortunately at the time that I got in, its too late in Europe... we need times for America!!!

yep, I used to chat in Mirc... years ago! lol

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:42 AM