Travis

Re: I am REALLY
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
so what is keeping you?

I;m headed out in a second, and its REALLY awkward to describe - I'll try and write theequation, you guys can comment, then when I get back I'll explain a bit more about the following:

TWO SPACE CRAFT TRAVELLING AT LIGHT SPEED - THEY COME TOWARDS EACH OTHER, AND AS THEY PASS THE PASSENGER LOOKS OUT THE WINDOW INTO THE WINDOW OF THE OTHER CRAFT. HE NOTICES THAT THE MAN IS SMOKING A CIGAR, WHICH UNDER THESE CONDITIONS, APPEARS TO BURN (LAST) FOREVER, BUT IS INFANTESIMALLY SHORT

M.
-----------------------
M = Sq. Rt. of (1 - V sq.)
------
C sq.

where M is mass, M. is relativistic mass, V is the velocity of the body, and C is the speed of light

lots of love!

Shite !!! Prove it !!

Its very difficult to write out forumlae here...if you take the equation to find the kinetic energy of a body, that is basically the energy whilst moving, that is:

E= 0.5M x V sq. (where m is mass and v is velocity) and E is energy)

Now take the equation of relativistic energy:

E = M x C sq. (where m is mass and c is the speed of light)

If you can imagine these equalling each other, assuming kinetic energy = relatavistic in a body that is moving at the speed of light (kinetic energy) and thus will have a relativistic mass. so

M x C sq. = 0.5M x V sq.

and cancel it out.

basically, (looking at it simply)

AS A BODIES SPEED INCREASES, ITS MASS INCREASES. EG I WOULD HAVE A HIGHER MASS OF THOUSANDS OF KILOGRAMS AT JUST A TENTH OF THE SPEED OF LIGHT.

(bear in mind as before, this is NOT weight - it is MASS)

So If a body reached the speed of light, it would be like trying to divide something (the mass) by the equivalent of 0 - thus something to travel at the speed of light would have to have INFINITE mass!!!! - pretty weird eh?!?!?!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:06 PM Quote
I SUPPOSE THE REAL QUESTION HERE IS:

WHAT IS INFINITY?!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:07 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

WHAT IS INFINITY?!

the whole in your brain

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:09 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
so what is keeping you?

I;m headed out in a second, and its REALLY awkward to describe - I'll try and write theequation, you guys can comment, then when I get back I'll explain a bit more about the following:

TWO SPACE CRAFT TRAVELLING AT LIGHT SPEED - THEY COME TOWARDS EACH OTHER, AND AS THEY PASS THE PASSENGER LOOKS OUT THE WINDOW INTO THE WINDOW OF THE OTHER CRAFT. HE NOTICES THAT THE MAN IS SMOKING A CIGAR, WHICH UNDER THESE CONDITIONS, APPEARS TO BURN (LAST) FOREVER, BUT IS INFANTESIMALLY SHORT

M.
-----------------------
------
C sq.

where M is mass, M. is relativistic mass, V is the velocity of the body, and C is the speed of light

lots of love!

Shite !!! Prove it !!

Its very difficult to write out forumlae here...if you take the equation to find the kinetic energy of a body, that is basically the energy whilst moving, that is:

If you can imagine these equalling each other, assuming kinetic energy = relatavistic in a body that is moving at the speed of light (kinetic energy) and thus will have a relativistic mass. so

M x C sq. = 0.5M x V sq.

and cancel it out.

AS A BODIES SPEED INCREASES, ITS MASS INCREASES. EG I WOULD HAVE A HIGHER MASS OF THOUSANDS OF KILOGRAMS AT JUST A TENTH OF THE SPEED OF LIGHT.

So If a body reached the speed of light, it would be like trying to divide something (the mass) by the equivalent of 0 - thus something to travel at the speed of light would have to have INFINITE mass!!!! - pretty weird eh?!?!?!

I didn't ask for the theory, lot's of stuff is fine in theory, in theory I could shag Angelina Jolie, doesn't mean it's gonna happen tho'

harry potter
harry potter Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:09 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

WHAT IS INFINITY?!

you with access to a PC with internet connectivity. you will be a virigin for a very, very long time my friend, write a theorem on that one.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:12 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
so what is keeping you?

M.
-----------------------
------
C sq.

lots of love!

Shite !!! Prove it !!

M x C sq. = 0.5M x V sq.

and cancel it out.

I didn't ask for the theory, lot's of stuff is fine in theory, in theory I could shag Angelina Jolie, doesn't mean it's gonna happen tho'

I think you had a good game, till Brad pitt came along, a shame indeed, lol

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:26 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:

Brad Pitt?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:10 PM Quote
Fuggin ell, Dave man- you do talk the biggest load of shite. When i left last night you were on 40-something posts and this thread was 3 pages long. Now it's 8 pages, you're on 100-something posts and i'm sure there was somewhere in there where you had 5 posts in a row!

Give over for the love of God!!!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
Theres at least 10 people here plenty interested to hear what I'm saying - 5 posts is 3 responses, one strike of memory, and one new fact :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 8:33 AM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
5 posts is 3 responses, one strike of memory, and one new fact :)

Radical suggestion: You could of course say the whole thing in one post! Just [quote=] each person that you want to reply to, make the response, then add the new facts at the end or as you go along. From experience, it's more effective! :)

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 9:37 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
5 posts is 3 responses, one strike of memory, and one new fact :)

Radical suggestion: You could of course say the whole thing in one post! Just [quote=] each person that you want to reply to, make the response, then add the new facts at the end or as you go along. From experience, it's more effective! :)

Perhaps - but its still gonna take up as much room and I can't be arsed with it - few other people will bother doing that just to 'save room' so I don't see why I should - eg peoples threads about middle names and rubbish like that and 'anyone about' :)

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 9:37 AM Quote
I FRIGGEN HATE PEOPLE'S 'REASONS' AS TO WHY THE MOON LANDING OF '69 IS FAKE!!! ITS EFFING PATHETIC!!
IF YOU ARE GUILTY OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IDEAS, I'M AFRAID YOU ARE WRONG!!

"Oh but look, the flag is moving in the picture - its rippling - theres no wind on the moon!"

"Look, you can see their footprints in the moon dust - theres not enough moisture (at all) on the moon to sustain a print!"

"Theres hardly any disturbance (burn marks, craters, spewen dust, underneath the rockets where it landed!"

AND MANY, MANY MORE!!

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 9:41 AM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:

Brad Pitt?

Yes the (not too shabby looking),guy that married Angelina Jolie and took away any chance Scottish had to shag Angelina Jolie.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 9:59 AM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:

Brad Pitt?

Yes the (not too shabby looking),guy that married Angelina Jolie and took away any chance Scottish had to shag Angelina Jolie.

Oooooh I see - well who would care Angelina is an ugly freaky crazy weirdo with an addoption fetish

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:09 AM Quote
Comments like the one i made are usually considered to be a joke. Thus not to be taken very seriously. (quite frankly hardly anyone cares about it) I can imagen you get fed up with people having a go at you, but be carefull not to lash out at everyone. In this case, me. It is undeserved.

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:59 PM