Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 20 May, 2009 9:20 PM Quote
I souldn't promise things I can't keep, it has been a very stressful day today...You'll notice when I have time to update the league...

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 2:05 PM Quote
Yeah here we go again, sorry for me messing up ;)

Results, tables, a new round and some other exciting stuff are up! Check it OUT!

Please let me know if you can see the updated tables, they should be UP!

(Updated tables should be after 18 games played)

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (RESULTS, TABLES AND 36TH ROUND OF VOTING
Nell
Nell Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 5:03 PM Quote

Hi guys :) I was told to bring this up here :) so I am :)

I do understand and respect the fact that you don't wanna talk about ongoing games :) Fine :)

But whyyyyyy don't you want to see the actual results of as longt he game's still on.

I mean - those who don't wanna see the actual restults before voting - just don't click on the result - button. But I enjoyed - especially afterwards seeing the results much better then checking out the results when the game's closed...:( takes less time as well.

So what do you think?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 5:08 PM Quote
Tables are working for me! :)

Definition Of Wrong does not deserve to be in that position at all, but 20 Sarah and Last Train all deserve promotion out of that league. Less sure about The Distance, i'd have chosen Afterglow instead. And if 4 songs are getting relegated from the Premier Division, it's down to 4 teams to take the remaining 3 spots. :)

Tell us how the play offs work Alex. Is it just teams fighting against relegation or are there play off spots for promotion too? :)

I love the slideshow you've put together. :) Some more are here which you may not have seen Alex (hope you don't mind Lee): http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=10686#194982

Off to vote now! Adios! *waves*

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 5:17 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Tell us how the play offs work Alex. Is it just teams fighting against relegation or are there play off spots for promotion too? :)

I love the slideshow you've put together. :) Some more are here which you may not have seen Alex (hope you don't mind Lee): http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=10686#194982

Thanks Ben, I will add those too! :)

The songs competing in the play-offs battle for two places in Division 3 only, so no play-offs for promotion ;)
It's the two strongest songs from the bench(The Connection and Used To Belong) who will be up against the songs on place 17-18 in Div 3.

I hope it's not too confusion, the bench will be kicked where the sun don't shine for the next season and be replaced by Challenger-mode 2.0.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 5:17 PM Quote
Thanks Alex. I did know that, i forgot. lol It's a nice idea. I think both of the current League teams will lose against The Connection and Used To Belong to be honest.

Nell wrote:

I do understand and respect the fact that you don't wanna talk about ongoing games :) Fine :)

But whyyyyyy don't you want to see the actual results of as longt he game's still on.

I mean - those who don't wanna see the actual restults before voting - just don't click on the result - button. But I enjoyed - especially afterwards seeing the results much better then checking out the results when the game's closed...:( takes less time as well.

So what do you think?

Some people, we think, (might, maybe, perhaps), be cheating. If a song is losing by 1 or 2 votes they can edge it closer to the winning line. If they don't know what the score is, they'll be less inclined to vote more than once. I think it's more exciting to vote for your favourite song and not have a clue what the scoreline is. When Alex closes the game we'll get to see the result. I would prefer to at least try the other way and see what it's like, but what do other people think? :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 5:30 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Thanks Alex. I did know that, i forgot. lol It's a nice idea. I think both of the current League teams will lose against The Connection and Used To Belong to be honest.

Yeah they probably will and I think it's a better idea to have the same relegation-system in Div. 3 as in the other divisions, with more challengers promoted. It would suit the extended challenger-mode better, what do you guys think about this?

Nell wrote:

BenFilbert wrote:

So what do you think?

Some people, we think, (might, maybe, perhaps), be cheating. If a song is losing by 1 or 2 votes they can edge it closer to the winning line. If they don't know what the score is, they'll be less inclined to vote more than once. I think it's more exciting to vote for your favourite song and not have a clue what the scoreline is. When Alex closes the game we'll get to see the result. I would prefer to at least try the other way and see what it's like, but what do other people think? :)

Honestly guys tell me how to solve this cheating-issue, cause I haven't got a clue :P

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 5:50 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Nell wrote:

So what do you think?

Well that's just bad. (I mean doing that) I don't care whether or not you can watch the results before (!) the voting but right after you voted - what's bad about that?
:)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 6:04 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
Well that's just bad. (I mean doing that) I don't care whether or not you can watch the results before (!) the voting but right after you voted - what's bad about that?
:)

Because the person might think "ooh, it's only losing by 1... i'll vote for it again...". I don't want to accuse any person of cheating or think that anyone here does do it, but it is very suspicious at times when every game has say 18 votes and then another has 21 votes and a song has won 11-10. I think that's the definition of suspicious to be honest. I understand what you mean totally, i just think we might have to compromise a bit to try and stop cheating. :)

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Yeah they probably will and I think it's a better idea to have the same relegation-system in Div. 3 as in the other divisions, with more challengers promoted. It would suit the extended challenger-mode better, what do you guys think about this?

Not quite sure what you mean Alex. lol Have 4 relegated from Division 3 like in the other divisions?

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 6:29 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Because the person might think "ooh, it's only losing by 1... i'll vote for it again...". I don't want to accuse any person of cheating or think that anyone here does do it, but it is very suspicious at times when every game has say 18 votes and then another has 21 votes and a song has won 11-10. I think that's the definition of suspicious to be honest. I understand what you mean totally, i just think we might have to compromise a bit to try and stop cheating. :)

Hehe :) I think I figured out how it works. (doesn't mean I do it) But if I'm right you're not able to vote - look at the results - click on the "back to the poll" button - and vote again - (unless you're hiding ur IP or changeing computers :D )

(ok I guess everybody has figured that out so far - so don't do it - would be unfair..)

There is a way to cheat - but I guess Alex can't do anything about it since he's not the programmer and can't change the code of the whole poll.

sooooo..

anyways..how are you? :D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 21 May, 2009 6:33 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Not quite sure what you mean Alex. lol Have 4 relegated from Division 3 like in the other divisions?

Yeah I mean that 4 songs will get relegated straight away ;)

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Fri 22 May, 2009 9:35 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I personally disagree... I mean, lets just give the outsiders another chance...

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Fri 22 May, 2009 9:57 AM Quote
Nell wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Hehe :) I think I figured out how it works. (doesn't mean I do it) But if I'm right you're not able to vote - look at the results - click on the "back to the poll" button - and vote again - (unless you're hiding ur IP or changeing computers :D )

(ok I guess everybody has figured that out so far - so don't do it - would be unfair..)

There is a way to cheat - but I guess Alex can't do anything about it since he's not the programmer and can't change the code of the whole poll.

sooooo..

anyways..how are you? :D

Cheating works for slow internet connections... Just choose the song and double click on the vote button... But please dont do that... I figured out while having internet probs (I gave 4 votes to a song accidentally). I made it once for Get Up, but then I felt bad and never did it again...
I apologize and I am forcing anyone reading this not to do that.

Another detail I just noticed, the game that's left for the Premier Divison:

Writing To Reach You vs. Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 22 May, 2009 11:09 AM Quote
Wolfy wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

That's just because you love Get Up ;)

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Fri 22 May, 2009 3:48 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Wolfy wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

That's just because you love Get Up ;)

That's partly true but, you never now when people's sympathy strikes back.

Pages Previous 1...70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:45 PM