Travis

Re: I am REALLY
Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:30 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

thanks for your kind words and support

No worries. It's fun! Just don't expect much from me in the way of intelligent conversation on physics!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:38 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

thanks for your kind words and support

No worries. It's fun! Just don't expect much from me in the way of intelligent conversation on physics!

Thats a real shame, because the REASON why no body may travel past the speed of light is fopping awesome!!!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:39 PM Quote
And as I already pointed out it is NOT because E = mc squared!
Jeeeebus when are you boardies gonna see sense?! Energy in Joules?!?!?! JeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZ!!
its relative, but only relative mass - god I love the equation involved!!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:43 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
fopping awesome!!!

That's the kind of adjective I'd apply to music, or other things I'm passionate about. One girl's music is another man's speed of light, I guess. :D

But don't let me stop you with your explanations....

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:52 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
fopping awesome!!!

That's the kind of adjective I'd apply to music, or other things I'm passionate about. One girl's music is another man's speed of light, I guess. :D

But the explanation is sooooo splendiforous, so magnanimous, so bowel-shatteringly wonderous...it makes me very happy indeed, I should very much like to explain shortly :)

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:53 PM Quote
so what is keeping you?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:55 PM Quote
Quote:
Hes great yeah - did you ever see the one he did with the video game, and the zombies?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

OMG no sounds like my kinda thing!!! lol grrr missed it.wonder where I could see that.....*goes into thought mode*

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:59 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
so what is keeping you?

I;m headed out in a second, and its REALLY awkward to describe - I'll try and write theequation, you guys can comment, then when I get back I'll explain a bit more about the following:

TWO SPACE CRAFT TRAVELLING AT LIGHT SPEED - THEY COME TOWARDS EACH OTHER, AND AS THEY PASS THE PASSENGER LOOKS OUT THE WINDOW INTO THE WINDOW OF THE OTHER CRAFT. HE NOTICES THAT THE MAN IS SMOKING A CIGAR, WHICH UNDER THESE CONDITIONS, APPEARS TO BURN (LAST) FOREVER, BUT IS INFANTESIMALLY SHORT

M.
-----------------------
M = Sq. Rt. of (1 - V sq.)
------
C sq.

where M is mass, M. is relativistic mass, V is the velocity of the body, and C is the speed of light

lots of love!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 7:00 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Quote:
Hes great yeah - did you ever see the one he did with the video game, and the zombies?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

OMG no sounds like my kinda thing!!! lol grrr missed it.wonder where I could see that.....*goes into thought mode*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cjRAcajFte0

friggen scary!!!!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 7:04 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Tonie wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
fopping awesome!!!

But the explanation is sooooo splendiforous, so magnanimous, so bowel-shatteringly wonderous...it makes me very happy indeed, I should very much like to explain shortly :)

PMSL!!!!!!! Your fricking CRAZY but it's fab to be passionate about something! Me? Right now? It's food! :-/ ummmmmmm chocolate cookies...........lol

I worked with a guy who studied Physics but the study of space ahhhhh yes Quantum physics and although I NEVER understood him tho he tried very hard to explain, he also was very very passionate about his science! He got a 1st and accepted to do a PHD in it so.....good on him! lol Must be a "thing" with u physics students lmao

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 7:04 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
And as I already pointed out it is NOT because E = mc squared!
Jeeeebus when are you boardies gonna see sense?! Energy in Joules?!?!?! JeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZ!!
its relative, but only relative mass - god I love the equation involved!!

Aw come on now, just because one out of 4500 boardies made a tiny albeit shameful mistake, don't underestimate the others! I'm sure they don't think why a body cannot travel faster than the speed of light is a result of that equation!

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 7:10 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
so what is keeping you?

I;m headed out in a second, and its REALLY awkward to describe - I'll try and write theequation, you guys can comment, then when I get back I'll explain a bit more about the following:

TWO SPACE CRAFT TRAVELLING AT LIGHT SPEED - THEY COME TOWARDS EACH OTHER, AND AS THEY PASS THE PASSENGER LOOKS OUT THE WINDOW INTO THE WINDOW OF THE OTHER CRAFT. HE NOTICES THAT THE MAN IS SMOKING A CIGAR, WHICH UNDER THESE CONDITIONS, APPEARS TO BURN (LAST) FOREVER, BUT IS INFANTESIMALLY SHORT

M.
-----------------------
------
C sq.

where M is mass, M. is relativistic mass, V is the velocity of the body, and C is the speed of light

lots of love!

oh brother, deja vu!! is can see myself sitting at the dinnertable with my dad trying to explain math.:)
i take a look at it later, first things first i need to feed some people:0

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 9:31 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
so what is keeping you?

M.
-----------------------
------
C sq.

lots of love!

oh brother, deja vu!! is can see myself sitting at the dinnertable with my dad trying to explain math.:)
i take a look at it later, first things first i need to feed some people:0

But its soooo friggen important that we realise the difference between dividing 0 by x, and dividing x by 0!!!!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:

But its soooo friggen important that we realise the difference between dividing 0 by x, and dividing x by 0!!!!

Thats very true - you can give nothing to plenty of people, but you can't give plenty to nobody!! Thats basically in the fundamental most, WHY a body may not travel past the speed of light!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 9:48 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
so what is keeping you?

M.
-----------------------
------
C sq.

lots of love!

Shite !!! Prove it !!

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:08 PM