Travis

Re: Song Showdown - News & Discussion
deebee
deebee Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
LOL I counted Big Chair v Friends. I may be wrong because i only counted once but i think that was a draw. You obviously decided to put Friends through. If we discount the last vote, we need to remove Friends from the Showdown and put Big Chair back in. ;) Hehe. And while we're at it, let's put Quite Free back into the competition too. Yeah! :)

Frankly it's a competition to find the best song, so Falling Down was right to get through ;)

Yeah! Song reincarnation! I knew that pickling was a good idea!*

*let's ignore the fact this would severely bugger up the next round :)

No, it's a competition to find the favourite song of the Board. Obviously the whole Board didn't vote but the ones that did voted for The Cage.

......and the ones who didn't vote would've voted for Falling Down :-P
Nevermind, I'm happy to see it still in there and it seems to be doing quite well. Makes up for the disappointement of Quite Free's early departure and SING, what was that all about, Why did it get slaughtered?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
......and the ones who didn't vote would've voted for Falling Down :-P

Mmm... Nikki already said she'd have voted for The Cage. ;) The Cage is a better song. I look forward to justice when Falling Down gets murdered. :)

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
You wicked person!!!! Didn't Juli say she'd vote for Falling Down????

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
For me The Cage and Falling down are equal, beautiful in different ways...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 5:51 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

The Cage got more votes. ;) Like i said, Nikki would have voted for The Cage so there are people that didn't vote that would have voted for both. I'm getting my chainsaw ready for Falling Down. :p

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
deebee wrote:

The Cage got more votes. ;) Like i said, Nikki would have voted for The Cage so there are people that didn't vote that would have voted for both. I'm getting my chainsaw ready for Falling Down. :p

Well I'm hoping you have an unexpected power-cut and then your chainsaw will be completely useless.....

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
deebee wrote:

Stop harassing Falling Down, I could make sweet love to that song!!!

Edit: If that would be technically possible. Well I'll be protecting it with my life...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
Do chainsaws run off mains electricity? ;) A power cut would only make it harder for you to protect it. :)

Edit: I suppose the chainsaw itself could have a power cut... Mmm... I'd just start hitting it with it then. lol

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 8:35 PM Quote
lol you guys are CRAZY!!! lol :p

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 9:13 PM Quote
Grrrrr you can do what you want, but keep your chainsaws away from my lady(Falling down)!!! ;)

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:01 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

The only challenger to Writing To Reach You is Before You Were Young. It's a great song but i think there is a large amount of "new" to it and i think it'll lose votes over time. You know, maybe if you do another Showdown in the future. :) Use an abacus next time. ;) lol

Before You Were Young is nowhere near of being as good as WTRY. There are probably 50 other songs or more that are closer to the top than BYWY ;oP

and GO FALLING DOWN, GO! The Cage is a lovely song, but Falling Down is amazing (even if it doesn't get much further hehe).

Edit: This is Juli from Ale's user, btw... I hope she doesn't notice this post, she hates it when I forget to log in myself and post under her name xD.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
Wow. I like "Falling Down"...it's a beautiful song, but I like "The Cage" much better and I'm actually surprised the voting was so close.

I wonder if this outpouring of love for "Falling Down" has to do with Travis performing it live recently on tour and Fran going out into the crowd.

Both songs are great, but yes, I'm with Benny. I'd pick "The Cage" to live.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
deebee wrote:

Stop harassing Falling Down, I could make sweet love to that song!!!

Edit: If that would be technically possible. Well I'll be protecting it with my life...

You DO like to make out with trees...so it may be possible. ;) Ask Anne. She was trying to make out with Ode when she first got it.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:45 PM Quote
Nikki, you're totally right. Falling Down is a good song but The Cage, in my little opinion ( and the Boardie Showdown's opinion ;) ) it is better. :) I also agree that i think it has a lot to do with them playing it live recently. If only that it's raised awareness of it. :)

Juli, my BYWY comment wasn't a personal thing. Just the way i see the Board voting. In my own opinion there are many Travis songs better than it. 3 or 4 on Ode for a start (Quite Free, Song To Self, Chinese Blues... maybe Last Words). But it is a great song. :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 12:05 AM Quote
Falling Down's always been one of my favourite songs from Good Feeling. It's great if people have started rediscovering it :o)
Are there videos of the recent performances of Falling Down on YouTube? I'd love to see them!

Ben, I totally agree with you about Ode :o)

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:44 AM