Travis

Re: Michael Phelps
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 3:13 AM Quote
Ahhh I'm sad I've been away from the board with all this swimming talk.

First, I am so happy that people are getting so excited about swimming because it is awesome and deserves the attention.

There is no doubt that MP deserves all of his achievements because he has worked very hard. I do however have several gripes about him. Well the first one isn't his fault, but I think he gets so much media attention at the expense of other great swimmers. Again, that one is not his fault. around him that I could do without. And I've heard from The upside of all that media attention is that it is bringing a lot of publicity to the sport of swimming in general. Secondly, I think he has a hint of arrogance swimmers who have been on teams with him that he has a slight a-hole vibe. And I don't really like that he dropped out of college. I do think he is a great swimmer and know it must be tough dealing with all that fame and the pressure that comes with it.

Next, that relay last night was the all-time greatest moment in swimming history in my opinion. That was absolutely amazing. Jason Lezak is my hero. And despite the fact that I was watching it from the ER my friend and I were screaming and "jumping" for joy.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 3:32 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Ahhh I'm sad I've been away from the board with all this swimming talk.

First, I am so happy that people are getting so excited about swimming because it is awesome and deserves the attention.

There is no doubt that MP deserves all of his achievements because he has worked very hard. I do however have several gripes about him. Well the first one isn't his fault, but I think he gets so much media attention at the expense of other great swimmers. Again, that one is not his fault. around him that I could do without. And I've heard from The upside of all that media attention is that it is bringing a lot of publicity to the sport of swimming in general. Secondly, I think he has a hint of arrogance swimmers who have been on teams with him that he has a slight a-hole vibe. And I don't really like that he dropped out of college. I do think he is a great swimmer and know it must be tough dealing with all that fame and the pressure that comes with it.

Next, that relay last night was the all-time greatest moment in swimming history in my opinion. That was absolutely amazing. Jason Lezak is my hero. And despite the fact that I was watching it from the ER my friend and I were screaming and "jumping" for joy.

Hey Lindsey! I totally agree with everything you said! But more importantly, are you OK? What were you and your friend doing in ER?!

Seeing what Jason Lezak did was so thrilling! I give so much credit to these athletes and to all olympians. They truely push the human body to its limits and are amazing to me.

That's 3 now for Phelps! Just saw him completely kick butt and break the world record to win the Gold. He's a machine! He was like a full body ahead of everyone! I heard he trains in Ann Arbor, Michigan with our Rochester boy Peter Vanderkaay (who just won the Bronze)!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 3:39 AM Quote
HOORAY! 3 down 5 to go!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 3:53 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

There is no doubt that MP deserves all of his achievements because he has worked very hard. I do however have several gripes about him. Well the first one isn't his fault, but I think he gets so much media attention at the expense of other great swimmers. Again, that one is not his fault. around him that I could do without.

Yeah I didn't like that they kept on talking about him during the relay. I was like... it's a relay! He's not the only one on the team! And I don't mind that he dropped out of college because that means that he'll be back in Baltimore and close to me... :D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 3:54 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
[quote="lindsey22295"]

Hey Lindsey! I totally agree with everything you said! But more importantly, are you OK? What were you and your friend doing in ER?!

Silly girl broke her foot while camping.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:02 AM Quote
F!

i wanted that sheep to come from behind, but noooooo!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:17 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
[quote="lindsey22295"]

Silly girl broke her foot while camping.

Aw! Poor thing! Hope it heals quick, Lindz. Oh, and LOL about the sheep, Kristy. :P

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 5:30 AM Quote
Michael and his dog, Herman. I've always wanted a bulldog.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:39 PM Quote
How the heck did this become about sheep? LMAO

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
poor Herman has no medals! He can be in our animal Olympics too.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
poor Herman has no medals! He can be in our animal Olympics too.

LOL. A bulldog vs. sheep Olympics. This fellow is already ready.

http://www.starcreekfrenchies.com/sitebuilder/images/Rudy_Swim_Cap_7-350x256.jpg

Gladly, I don't know how this thread became about sheep but it sure it funny.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
How the heck did this become about sheep? LMAO

I think that might have been my fault! Anne threw Michael Phelps at me on Facebook, and I accidentally threw her a sheep back, and then I told her on here...
baaaaa :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
erg. he is on the cover of my newspaper. the world hates me

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:34 AM Quote
YAS! 4th of the games, 10th of his career! He broke the record!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:37 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
YAS! 4th of the games, 10th of his career! He broke the record!

:O OMG! I forgot to watch!!! Isn't #5 coming up later tonight? Maybe I can catch a replay of #4...*runs to TV*...

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:30 AM