Travis

Re: Most Recent Word you found you were using Incorrectly
Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 11:14 AM Quote
P.S Apologies to Dubz for mistaking you for that odious, bilious little man.

happy_me
happy_me Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 4:47 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

but some of us actually got our set of 5 advanced highers in a cross of languages and sciences, and went on to tutor some of those languages, though mainly music, after visiting germany for quite some time.

Hey Dave!
How old are you? Your profile says that you're 20 and that can't possibly be right for a man who is so well educated and knows his languages that well! Now come on, tell us a bit about yourself, what you do for a living for instance? How was Germany? Did you like it there?

Oh and I just thought I'd mention it (so that you won't use the word incorrectly in the future) sie and Sie in german are two different words. sie means she and Sie (with a capital S) is the polite form you use when you talk to someone you don't know or who is older than you... I know a bit of german myself you see. Oh and that 'auch' should be 'und'. So what you wanted to say would be something like this: "Entschuldigungen Sie bitte, wie einer spezieller Grad. Und ich habe nicht "ich bin intelligent" oder "ich bin sehr intelligent" gesagt.

Aber Sie haben es vielleicht implikiert? Oder?

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 5:04 PM Quote
happy_me, I hope you don't mind me asking you this, is the sound represented by 'ø' in Norwegian the same as that by 'ö' in German, or is it longer, shorter, or different altogether?

happy_me
happy_me Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 5:07 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
happy_me, I hope you don't mind me asking you this, is the sound represented by 'ø' in Norwegian the same as that by 'ö' in German, or is it longer, shorter, or different altogether?

It's the same :)

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 5:08 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:

Danke schön!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 5:18 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
happy_me wrote:

Danke schön!

Bitte

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 7:28 PM Quote

Anytime Dave, Any fucking time,

I'm not bumming here but if you wanna show up and we can go "Toe to Toe" that's not a problem, If you're ever in Dublin name the Pub, or of course I'll let you now next time I'm in Paisley.

hey and even if you kick my arse, I'll be sore but you'll still be an arrogant, patronizing little fuck head.

btw I think the point that most people are making here is that you are deliberately going out of your way to condesend and patronise people, if that is not the case then as Christian Slater said in True Romance "IfI'm Wrong then I'll Fucking well apologise" but somehow I don't see it, you are a retard who is only academically clever and gets his jollies from showing off on a messageboard, what's wrong you're Uni mates had enough of you???

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 7:52 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

but some of us actually got our set of 5 advanced highers in a cross of languages and sciences, and went on to tutor some of those languages, though mainly music, after visiting germany for quite some time.

Hey Dave!
How old are you? Your profile says that you're 20 and that can't possibly be right for a man who is so well educated and knows his languages that well! Now come on, tell us a bit about yourself, what you do for a living for instance? How was Germany? Did you like it there?

Oh and I just thought I'd mention it (so that you won't use the word incorrectly in the future) sie and Sie in german are two different words. sie means she and Sie (with a capital S) is the polite form you use when you talk to someone you don't know or who is older than you... I know a bit of german myself you see. Oh and that 'auch' should be 'und'. So what you wanted to say would be something like this: "Entschuldigungen Sie bitte, wie einer spezieller Grad. Und ich habe nicht "ich bin intelligent" oder "ich bin sehr intelligent" gesagt.

Aber Sie haben es vielleicht implikiert? Oder?

I'm pretty sure that immediately after I said the grammer wasn't so good- germany was lovely - Auch means also, so its fine instead odf und for and, and yes, I am aware of the Sie sie difference, a mere typo

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 11 Aug, 2007 7:03 PM Quote
Dave, seriosly man. Get a grip. If you're going to insult people, actually do it. Don't be a chicken. You just giggled when i mentioned a BA degree. Come on, say what you gota say. Don't hide behind your fucking glasses!

So what is the problem with a BA degree? I am extremely proud of it- i never worked that hard in school, and that was when i was pushed. So coming to uni and doing all the work by myself to get the degree is quite an achievement. I've always been interested in other stuff which has distracted me. You know nothing about me and can't possibly comment on my degree (since first of all you don't know how hard i find it to actually do work, and secondly you don't know what the degree is) so just drop the sniping now.

And i reckon Dubz could (read as should) kick your ass. And since it's Paisley, i'd probably help- and i'm not a violent person. Some people just really want to make me punch them!

Also, what sort of insult is "fuck-arse". Come on, bit of imagination please!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sat 11 Aug, 2007 7:18 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Dave, seriosly man. Get a grip. If you're going to insult people, actually do it. Don't be a chicken. You just giggled when i mentioned a BA degree. Come on, say what you gota say. Don't hide behind your fucking glasses!

So what is the problem with a BA degree? I am extremely proud of it- i never worked that hard in school, and that was when i was pushed. So coming to uni and doing all the work by myself to get the degree is quite an achievement. I've always been interested in other stuff which has distracted me. You know nothing about me and can't possibly comment on my degree (since first of all you don't know how hard i find it to actually do work, and secondly you don't know what the degree is) so just drop the sniping now.

And i reckon Dubz could (read as should) kick your ass. And since it's Paisley, i'd probably help- and i'm not a violent person. Some people just really want to make me punch them!

Also, what sort of insult is "fuck-arse". Come on, bit of imagination please!

"don't hide behind your glasses" ? - can't get much more 'transparent' than that.

I know a decent amount about you, like how you would cry to the travis web team if I told them you and other people are threatening to 'kick my arse', and how you are an absolutely pathetic singer with one of the shittiest voices I've ever heard, who will never make it even small time, let along big time as any form of artist - musical or otherwise. Thats right I've heard you're little clips - myself and the rest of the people in the room were rather sickened. I think its you that needs to get the grip on reality, what with your head being totally in the clouds for an incredibly unattractive, unintelligent, unappealing, talentless and unskilled individual. I think I'll cease communication with you for now, other than perhaps to invade one of your threads just to cause trouble - something you have done on every one of my posts for absolutely no reason, other than to start an argument.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 11 Aug, 2007 7:20 PM Quote
And what does any of that have to do with my degree?

You're even more stupid than i thought

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sat 11 Aug, 2007 7:53 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Oh I'm sorry - I forgot I have to respond to what you say because you say so - you are after all, King of the board :D

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 11 Aug, 2007 8:45 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Oh I'm sorry - I forgot I have to respond to what you say because you say so - you are after all, King of the board :D

You should at least finish what you start, if you can. Back it up or take it back.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 11 Aug, 2007 8:47 PM Quote
sorry to butt in but apology accepted and... Dave, i have a feeling you would be well liked on this board if you would only get off your "high ground"

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sat 11 Aug, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
sorry to butt in but apology accepted and... Dave, i have a feeling you would be well liked on this board if you would only get off your "high ground"

I promsie you I'm not on a high ground - I have a perfectly innocent post, paul comes in and shoots his mouth off along with esteban and harry potter when they're around, start being annoying, so I retaliate - and then theres people like happy_me who 'take it personally' when I say the types of post I don't like, after paul_c has JUST done it...

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:13 PM