Travis

Re: I am REALLY
nats
nats Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:21 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
JUST WAIT TIL I GET STARTED ON ASTROLOGY

do you know anything about chinese astrology? I like chinse zodiac ;)

http://www.geomancy.net/astrology/logo.gif

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:25 PM Quote
YEAH!!! I'm a MONKEY :-)

The Monkey

No task is too great for the clever Monkeys. They master most anything. They have extremely charming manners that draw others. Monkeys solve difficult problems with ease.They are quick-witted,innovative, and they have total and intense belief in themselves. No one delights in their own accomplishments like the Monkeys. Enjoying themselves immensely, they try anything at least once! Monkeys are intellectual and their memory is phenomenal. They recall the smallest details of everything they have seen,read, and heard. They must depend on that memory since they have an otherwise untidy mind. Monkeys are wizards with money. They are original, shrewd, and when they need to, they can fool anyone.There are a hundred and one fantastic schemes they want to try, and you can bet they make some of them work. Even when they take you in, it is hard to be angry with them, or begrudge them anything. They don't care what opinions others have of them. They know they are lucky, and they also know they have the ability to change things when convenience calls. Monkeys are virtually unsinkable! When the odds are stacked against them, Monkeys know when to quit. Their timing is superb, and they will wait to try another time. If you try to trick Monkeys, they will probably catch you. They never make a move without a plan. They are great strategists. They can spot an opportunity in any form. They never miss a trick!

Monkeys are hard workers once they have a piece of the action. The bigger the piece, the better they do. Monkeys like to travel, and they want to do it first class.They need a certain amount of excitement in their lives.

Since Monkeys get what they want without too much trouble, they may not care about all their conquests. They lose interest quickly and must learn to finish what they start and take care of what they have. People always flock around Monkeys,but Monkeys don't trust very much. They know a select group of friends that they choose carefully. Money is a must for Monkeys, and they usually have it, or will be in the process of getting it.They know nothing is permanent. They improve and try to do better, and often amaze even themselves. Monkeys like facts and they hateto waste time. Always remember, Monkeys don't care if you approve of them or not, and if not careful, you will be eating right out of their hands! They are the ultimate diplomats and slip in and out of difficulties with ease.

Monkeys must be careful in romance, although clear-sighted, they are very critical and lose interest in anyone they can't consider their peer.They are vain and egotistical,but even that is to their advantage.

Monkeys are always out in front!

<<<sings: hey hey we're the monkees>>> lol

nats
nats Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:32 PM Quote
Im the snake :s

People born in the Year of the Snake are deep. They say little and possess great wisdom. They never have to worry about money; they are financially fortunate. Snake people are often quite vain, selfish, and a bit stingy. Yet they have tremendous sympathy for others and try to help those less fortunate. Snake people tend to overdo, since they have doubts about other people's judgment and prefer to rely on themselves. They are determined in whatever they do and hate to fail. Although calm on the surface, they are intense and passionate. Snake people are usually good-looking and sometimes have marital problems because they are fickle.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:36 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Ohhhh I like astrology! Can u read my stars for me??? lmao ;)

Lol I'm afraid not - and neither can anyone else - and the funny thing is people say "you can't disprove astrology" - and I can do just that - almost 100% - I'll brief you in a wee while lol xx

I know I know - I was just winding!!! Watched Derren Brown the other night and he did a whole thing on how people (and admittingly includes myself)believed the trash people like tarot/future readers etc tell us, but really it's SO generalised that anyone across the world can relate to it! Very funny and eye-opening I tell ya!

But I'm still a sucker for it to an extent. haa

nats
nats Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:37 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Ohhhh and that's why I studied Psychology! lmao I love it! Oh and don't start me regarding bb! lol

You studied psychology?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:38 PM Quote
nats wrote:

People born in the Year of the Snake are deep. They say little and possess great wisdom. They never have to worry about money; they are financially fortunate. Snake people are often quite vain, selfish, and a bit stingy. Yet they have tremendous sympathy for others and try to help those less fortunate. Snake people tend to overdo, since they have doubts about other people's judgment and prefer to rely on themselves. They are determined in whatever they do and hate to fail. Although calm on the surface, they are intense and passionate. Snake people are usually good-looking and sometimes have marital problems because they are fickle.

ha ha got nats!!! Sounds pretty good tho eh! lol <what star sign are you?> Im Taurus :)

nats
nats Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:52 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
nats wrote:

ha ha got nats!!! Sounds pretty good tho eh! lol <what star sign are you?> Im Taurus :)

haha it really sounds pretty good. Im virgo:

Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent
Intelligent and analytical

On the dark side....

Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh
Perfectionist and conservative

well... it could be worst... it could be real! ;)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:05 PM Quote
nats wrote:
Peewee wrote:
nats wrote:

Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent

On the dark side....

Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I know!

Bloody Taurus has me down as boring, meticulous and good with money! ha biggest joke ever! Have u seen me on a shopping spree?lol <yeah have BSc Psychology hons but graduated in 2001..I think(lol)..longtime ago now it seems lol>

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:09 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Ohhhh I like astrology! Can u read my stars for me??? lmao ;)

Lol I'm afraid not - and neither can anyone else - and the funny thing is people say "you can't disprove astrology" - and I can do just that - almost 100% - I'll brief you in a wee while lol xx

I know I know - I was just winding!!! Watched Derren Brown the other night and he did a whole thing on how people (and admittingly includes myself)believed the trash people like tarot/future readers etc tell us, but really it's SO generalised that anyone across the world can relate to it! Very funny and eye-opening I tell ya!

But I'm still a sucker for it to an extent. haa

Its worse than that - did you know that when they 'read' your cards, they talk to women about Ceres being in your zone (to do with maternity and nature and stuff).
Ceres is an asteroid that was DISCOVERED in like the 1820s, and named by a SCIENTIST after the greek goddess Ceres (just because he likes the name). So now astrologers sit and say - "oh ceres is in your cycle so you are at harmony and at your best with human nature because thats what the goddess ceres was like..." even though that asteroid wasn't ever known about whatsoever til like 150 years ago...waht if he named it after Mars?! we could just as easily be 'at war with ourselves' during that time! grrrrrrrrrr!!

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:14 PM Quote
This post is getting more interesting by the minute. I was just wondering. When i was born my parents had my horoscope drawn (if that is the expression in English). They read it (i was 2 months old at the time) and put it in a drawer. When i got married they gave me this horoscope. Funnely enough, about 80% of the things written down were accurate, without being vague or discriptive.
How would that work? Could this be scient. explained?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:15 PM Quote
Quote:
Its worse than that - did you know that when they 'read' your cards, they talk to women about Ceres being in your zone (to do with maternity and nature and stuff).
Ceres is an asteroid that was DISCOVERED in like the 1820s, and named by a SCIENTIST after the greek goddess Ceres (just because he likes the name). So now astrologers sit and say - "oh ceres is in your cycle so you are at harmony and at your best with human nature because thats what the roman goddess ceres was like..." even though that asteroid wasn't ever known about whatsoever til like 150 years ago...waht if he named it after Mars?! we could just as easily be 'at war with ourselves' during that time! grrrrrrrrrr!!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's all a bit Crazy! But I do love Derran Brown tho :) I could watch that guy forever...u should check him out. lol

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:18 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
This post is getting more interesting by the minute. I was just wondering. When i was born my parents had my horoscope drawn (if that is the expression in English). They read it (i was 2 months old at the time) and put it in a drawer. When i got married they gave me this horoscope. Funnely enough, about 80% of the things written down were accurate, without being vague or discriptive.
How would that work? Could this be scient. explained?

To be honest I'd have to see it. If you could give me examples of things - things that you would even think aren't vague or deceptive, really are. For example if it said "you're a really caring person, but you often feel that you want people to care more about you, and sometimes almost wish you didn't have to care about other people so much" - it can sound close knit to one person, but most people could relate to that sort of thing. Also, whether we wish to realise it or not, 80% or so really isn't that much - thats 1/5 of the description of you is inaccurate - the odds aren't really that great.
Furthermore I'd imagine that whoever they went to about this perhaps got some details of what your parents are like (with or without their permission) and looked at examples of people they knew who had similar parents and circumstances, and calculated according to the 'modern day' at the time. (Thats what I would imagine anyway!)

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:19 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Quote:
Ceres is an asteroid that was DISCOVERED in like the 1820s, and named by a SCIENTIST after the greek goddess Ceres (just because he likes the name). So now astrologers sit and say - "oh ceres is in your cycle so you are at harmony and at your best with human nature because thats what the roman goddess ceres was like..." even though that asteroid wasn't ever known about whatsoever til like 150 years ago...waht if he named it after Mars?! we could just as easily be 'at war with ourselves' during that time! grrrrrrrrrr!!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's all a bit Crazy! But I do love Derran Brown tho :) I could watch that guy forever...u should check him out. lol

Hes great yeah - did you ever see the one he did with the video game, and the zombies?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

nats
nats Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:22 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
nats wrote:
Peewee wrote:
nats wrote:

Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent

On the dark side....

Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I know!

Bloody Taurus has me down as boring, meticulous and good with money! ha biggest joke ever! Have u seen me on a shopping spree?lol <yeah have BSc Psychology hons but graduated in 2001..I think(lol)..longtime ago now it seems lol>

haha, as a snake i should be lucky with money... i should complain against chinese astrologist...
I studied psychology too

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:27 PM Quote
nats wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
JUST WAIT TIL I GET STARTED ON ASTROLOGY

do you know anything about chinese astrology? I like chinse zodiac ;)

http://www.geomancy.net/astrology/logo.gif

I know that its a lot older and in some respects actually makes sense...but its all folk lore really - kinda daft

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:54 AM