Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (RESULTS, TABLES AND 24TH ROUND OF VOTING
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 3:22 PM Quote
I have decided to password protect the voting page from the next round. This means that everyone that wants to vote must ask me for an account and a password for the page. If I see that someone log in more than once from their account, they will get banned from voting and will have to beg me to get back into the game... Of course all of the other areas will be open for everyone to see.

This may sound harsch, but I felt that it was necessary to do something, because there has been too much cheating and discussions about the results before the round's been closed.

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 3:23 PM Quote

How can u be influenced on a votation like that :) either you like that song or you don't - or either you like one better or you don't :)

If I'd see that LWCT has no chance at all to go anywhere near the first league ...I'd still vote for it - as long as I really love the song :)

...hmm....it's not politics... ;)

and one can talk about what one likes bout a song - maybe something hidden in the song - not recgniseable for everyone?
then why not say it? ;) That's the way I came to appreciate "Blue flashing light"....

Or is this some kind of a rule?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 3:29 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

How can u be influenced on a votation like that :) either you like that song or you don't - or either you like one better or you don't :)

If there's a battle with the score 7-8, or something like that and people like the song that is being defeated, then maybe they want to change the score and finds a way to cheat :P

As you all know, cheating is the worst problem with this thingy.

But PM me with a nickname and password and I will set up an account for you 'til the next round which starts tomorrow.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
Yes, we've all discussed this before and long ago all agreed to vote and then wait. Once the votes have been counted, and Alex reveals the results we can discuss our opinions of songs and our opinion on the league table etc etc. :) Some people can't decide like I believe you said yourself so want a draw to happen. Obviously this decides which song they vote for. :)

Do you think people are cheating? I did notice some games having more votes than others. I always vote all at once and all of them. But do what you have to do Alex. More than fine by me. If it stops cheating then great! :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 4:34 PM Quote
I think that adding some sort of "member" function will make it a lot easier to see how many people who are voting too. I did a bit of thinking and came to the conclusion that this alternative has a lot of benefits for all of us!

Are you all okay with this? It isn't difficult at all and everyone will have their own personal nick and password, which is better than one password for everyone.

Now back to the ongoing round that closes in about 30 minutes ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 4:40 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Do you think people are cheating? I did notice some games having more votes than others. I always vote all at once and all of them. But do what you have to do Alex. More than fine by me. If it stops cheating then great! :)

Yes there has been some kind of cheating in all of the rounds. Obviously it's impossible to play fair :P

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
Voting has been closed :)

Results and tables will be up tomorrow, along with the next round!

From tomorrow you must have an "account" to vote in the rounds. PM me your desired nickname and password and I will set you up! Remember to not have the same password as you have on other pages/communities(write down the log on information somewhere).

To prevent cheating and discussions about the scores before the round's been closed I've decided that if a person log on more than once per round, he/she will be kicked out, so behave ;)

Cheers!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 5:33 PM Quote
Few points Alex.

1- Have a warning system in place. Banning someone quicky would be harsh ( yes, not harsch ;) ) and we're already getting low amounts of voters so we don't want less. :) Also make the rules clear so people understand. You saying we can't visit the Travis League site at all after we've voted or just the games section? :)

2- Maybe starting the next round so soon after setting this up might mean less votes. Remember the week you did 2 rounds at the same time? People might not know or understand at first so maybe wait a few days to start it or...

3- Have longer rounds. It means less work for you and it gives more people a chance to vote. Some regulars say 'I missed the last round' so extending the time would make this happen less, which means... more votes. :)

4- The game relies on votes to make it work and sometimes it's unclear when a new round will begin or whether it already has. I think making it more clear on the home page of the Travis League might help. Maybe (and I know it isn't easy) a more consistent voting period is put in place. Maybe once a week and it's open for 4 maybe 5 days, starting every Saturday or every Sunday or whatever is easiest for you. :) Maybe you already have but mention the new password system on the Travis League site. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 6:53 PM Quote
I can't get the password protection to work so I'll put it on ice for now, probably to the next season :P

Everything's a bit confusing right now so here's what I'll do... The season continues as it is, with some better information from me, until the end of the season. After the season, when my energy is better, I'll take a look at all parts of the league, with some help from your opinions, and decide what I can do to improve the league.

The most important thing right now is to concentrate on the remaining rounds and keep the number of voters up, so don't worry, no major changes YET!

RESULTS AND NEW ROUND TOMORROW!

*deep sigh*

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE
Nell
Nell Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 7:42 PM Quote
Hahaha

ok sorry :) I won't talk again - still the round is closed :) I didn't think (honestly) people would let themself be influenced :) Of course I wanted a draw to happen :) but if someone wouldn't want to vote for what I would want to..why the hell should he then? ;) anyway :) I won't do it again :)

Cheating :) hehe before you ban people :) you gotta know that cheating actually can happen accidentally...you know how!!!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 8:05 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Cheating :) hehe before you ban people :) you gotta know that cheating actually can happen accidentally...you know how!!!

Yes I know that, but all the cheating isn't accidentally ;)

This subject is getting really boring :P If someone is a real computer freak and willing to help me out, let me know :P

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 9:27 PM Quote
Well, i am not a computer freak, but i know some things and i also have friends that can help.

I think i made an account at the start of the season on the guestbook but i cant remember details.
Anyways, let me beg you for one account...
Thanks!!!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 11:27 AM Quote
The idea about the membership has been postponed for the next season or so, cause I couldn't get it to work :P
You will be able to vote as usual for the rest of the season. Those of you(read Leticia) who's already PM'd me your account information for the Travis League can feel certain that it's in safe hands and if I'll use the password protected voting for the next season I'll remind you of your username and password! =)

Now lets concentrate on the remaining rounds! Results and the next round will be up later today. My mother is at the hospital so I wont be able to do it until tonight.

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 2:28 PM Quote
Oh, that's not good.
Hope your mother is alright.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 4:44 PM Quote
Sorry about that...

l hope she gets better.

Pages Previous 1...53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:49 PM