Travis

Re: The cover is better than the original?
Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 9:38 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Travis - Hit Me Baby One More Time (obviously!)
Alanis Morisette - My Humps

The last one just goes to show that Alanis Morisette could sing from a phone book and make it sound soulful.

Travis turned HMBOMT into an amazing song! I used to hate it before.
As to Alanis Morisette - can't stand her, so whatever she sings I cover my ears lol

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 9:55 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:

Travis turned HMBOMT into an amazing song! I used to hate it before.
As to Alanis Morisette - can't stand her, so whatever she sings I cover my ears lol

I suppose one has to either love her or hate her lol

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 11:07 AM Quote
yeah lol I think it has more to do with my dislike of female singers anyway. There are very very few i actually like

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 11:11 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
yeah lol I think it has more to do with my dislike of female singers anyway. There are very very few i actually like

I agree there are ery few female "pop" singers, I like but... Aretha Franklin, Sinead O'Connor, Annie Lennox, Cara Dillon, Karine Polwart, Elizabeth Frazer, Kirsty McColl, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holliday, Mama Cass all have/had amazing voices.

Dubz

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 11:23 AM Quote
Don't know what's been said so far, so i'll just chip in with my two cents...

Baby One More Time - Travis
Crawling King Snake, Back Door Man - The Doors

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 1:57 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Ruby Tuesday - Melanie

Dubz

this I find hard to accept .

but !

Ramones version of Street fightin Man

Dickies version of Communication Breakdown , wrong lyrics and all

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 2:01 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Ursina wrote:

I agree there are ery few female "pop" singers, I like but... Aretha Franklin, Sinead O'Connor, Annie Lennox, Cara Dillon, Karine Polwart, Elizabeth Frazer, Kirsty McColl, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holliday, Mama Cass all have/had amazing voices.

Dubz

aya true enough you've got a point there Dubz :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 2:25 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Ursina wrote:

Dubz

I was actually going to start a thread about this last week. I was playing a tape of an all-female group in the car and my husband asked who gave it to me. He was surprised that I bought it myself because he didn't think I liked female singers. I started thinking about it, and yeah, there aren't too many I like. At least not enough to spend my money on 'em. I was wondering if that was true of anyone else. Guess it is.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 2:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Ursina wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Ursina wrote:

Dubz

I was actually going to start a thread about this last week. I was playing a tape of an all-female group in the car and my husband asked who gave it to me. He was surprised that I bought it myself because he didn't think I liked female singers. I started thinking about it, and yeah, there aren't too many I like. At least not enough to spend my money on 'em. I was wondering if that was true of anyone else. Guess it is.

gore gore girls by chance ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 2:37 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Take off the "re's" and you'd have it about right. It was The Go-Go's. (Bracing myself for the ridicule.)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Take off the "re's" and you'd have it about right. It was The Go-Go's. (Bracing myself for the ridicule.)

No thats cool . GORE GORE GIRLS are from Detroit though and they're LOUD in more ways then amplifiers

cornax
cornax Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

No shame in loving the Go-Go's!!!! I love 'em myself...

Jolene - White Stripes (Dolly Parton)...well I'm not sure it's actually better than Dolly but it's so f'ing weird that I love it!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Good one. Speaking of Lauryn Hill, I also like the Fugees "Killin' Me Softly" better than the original.

yes! i meant to add that one as well! good call.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
Jolene - White Stripes (Dolly Parton)...well I'm not sure it's actually better than Dolly but it's so f'ing weird that I love it!

mindy smith does a good cover of that song as well...don't know if i prefer it to the original though. jury's out on that one still. :P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 21 Feb, 2008 5:41 PM Quote
Always Something There to Remind Me by Naked Eyes wa-haaaay better than the rest. (Sandie Shaw, Dionne Warwick, among others)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:15 AM