Travis

Re: I am REALLY
michele
michele Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:31 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
I suppose i'm surupticiously making a humorous statement of who is and who is not of interest to me :D

That's a novel way of making friends and influencing people!

Was going to suggest you name names, but that wouldn't be very board friendly.

As long as you don't set out to hurt feelings, I think you should carry right on. If people don't want to discuss your ideas, they can carry on conversations in other threads. You're eccentric, that's not a crime. And, lets face it, we're all eccentric.

well said tonie: If people don't want to discuss your ideas, they can carry on conversations in other threads.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:38 PM Quote
michele wrote:
Tonie wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
I suppose i'm surupticiously making a humorous statement of who is and who is not of interest to me :D

That's a novel way of making friends and influencing people!

Was going to suggest you name names, but that wouldn't be very board friendly.

As long as you don't set out to hurt feelings, I think you should carry right on. If people don't want to discuss your ideas, they can carry on conversations in other threads. You're eccentric, that's not a crime. And, lets face it, we're all eccentric.

well said tonie: If people don't want to discuss your ideas, they can carry on conversations in other threads.

Ditto - and well said to you michele for repeating it ;)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 1:29 PM Quote
Cool I have learnt so much today! I always thought a quantum leap was like a HUGE leap, not an ickle tiny one! Cheers for that! lol

Ohhhh and MONKEY >>>> how the hell do u get 999 friends??? lmao

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 1:49 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Cool I have learnt so much today! I always thought a quantum leap was like a HUGE leap, not an ickle tiny one! Cheers for that! lol

Ohhhh and MONKEY >>>> how the hell do u get 999 friends??? lmao

A quantum leap is literally the distance that a charge will leap from one electron shell to another - (the orbitals) - its not even atomical - its SUB-atomical!!!! :D

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 2:08 PM Quote
I'm enjoying this thread because I know literally nothing about physics (being of the arty persuasion), yet somehow I find myself reading and posting here. What a hoot!

Dave (if I may be so personal as to abbreviate your name, even tho I don't know you) isn't doing anything wrong really guys.

It's hard enough being a newbie here (or a returning boardie in my case). Trust me, it's true. Tho I suspect Dave is thicker skinned than I am, and enjoys the sport of goading. Whereas I got hurt by comments towards me when I resurrected myself recently.

On this occasion, I'm enjoying supporting the underdog, and playing devil's advocate. It's a general chat forum. I don't post in every thread, indeed am bored by most. So I join in the ones that interest me, or start new ones, or don't post at all. That's what Dave's doing. It's cool.

Dave, to win a few folks over, you might want to post some appropriate Travis stuff tho....;)

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 2:16 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
I'm enjoying this thread because I know literally nothing about physics (being of the arty persuasion), yet somehow I find myself reading and posting here. What a hoot!

Dave (if I may be so personal as to abbreviate your name, even tho I don't know you) isn't doing anything wrong really guys.

It's hard enough being a newbie here (or a returning boardie in my case). Trust me, it's true. Tho I suspect Dave is thicker skinned than I am, and enjoys the sport of goading. Whereas I got hurt by comments towards me when I resurrected myself recently.

On this occasion, I'm enjoying supporting the underdog, and playing devil's advocate. It's a general chat forum. I don't post in every thread, indeed am bored by most. So I join in the ones that interest me, or start new ones, or don't post at all. That's what Dave's doing. It's cool.

Dave, to win a few folks over, you might want to post some appropriate Travis stuff tho....;)

i knew there was sense being made here:) It's good to see your posts here!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 2:31 PM Quote
*nods head*

Aye some of the old boardies can get a tad possessive. lol and love knocking the random threads that pop up that have nout related to travis, lol

:-D

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 2:32 PM Quote
Sanne you're very kind! :)

ps. Sanne, I've posted a few pics from last Tuesday in the Trav bit of the forum.

Back to physics...anyone?!?!?!?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 2:36 PM Quote
Actually, it's less of a physics debate now, and more a behavioural study!

We're in a kind of cyber Big Brother scenario, our every comment dissected and analysed, and little groupettes are forming.

Not that I'm suggesting the forum should be like this, oh no no no! Far from it. I'm all for community spirit. It's just an observation about this particular thread!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 3:38 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Actually, it's less of a physics debate now, and more a behavioural study!

We're in a kind of cyber Big Brother scenario, our every comment dissected and analysed, and little groupettes are forming.

Not that I'm suggesting the forum should be like this, oh no no no! Far from it. I'm all for community spirit. It's just an observation about this particular thread!

Ohhhh and that's why I studied Psychology! lmao I love it! Oh and don't start me regarding bb! lol

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:26 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Ohhhh and that's why I studied Psychology! lmao I love it! Oh and don't start me regarding bb! lol

Glad you like the theory Peewee!

And there's a BB thread floating around, it'd be great if you livened it up with some of your ideas!!! Cheer me up no end, that would!

What gets me about this thread is that Dave's being funny, or so he says, about his physics theories. But I'm not in any position to argue or otherwise. I hate to sound thick, so I've kept quiet about that aspect of his comments.

I'm backing him up because he's different and amusing!

And Dave, if you're reading, I do have some carefully chosen words of advice.

Keep being funny, ironic, controversial etc etc. But do bear in mind that the reason we're all here in the first place is through a love of Travis and good music in general. I may be wrong, but I don't think you've posted in the Travis bit at all yet- apologies if I'm wrong, and I'm happy to be proven so! It kind of makes sense to be posting here, first and foremost, as a music lover. Does that make sense? I hope so! Otherwise, I'm not sure why you've chosen to join the forum?!?! And that's an interested enquiry, not an accusation!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:53 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Peewee wrote:

Glad you like the theory Peewee!

And there's a BB thread floating around, it'd be great if you livened it up with some of your ideas!!! Cheer me up no end, that would!

What gets me about this thread is that Dave's being funny, or so he says, about his physics theories. But I'm not in any position to argue or otherwise. I hate to sound thick, so I've kept quiet about that aspect of his comments.

I'm backing him up because he's different and amusing!

And Dave, if you're reading, I do have some carefully chosen words of advice.

Keep being funny, ironic, controversial etc etc. But do bear in mind that the reason we're all here in the first place is through a love of Travis and good music in general. I may be wrong, but I don't think you've posted in the Travis bit at all yet- apologies if I'm wrong, and I'm happy to be proven so! It kind of makes sense to be posting here, first and foremost, as a music lover. Does that make sense? I hope so! Otherwise, I'm not sure why you've chosen to join the forum?!?! And that's an interested enquiry, not an accusation!

Hiya - feel free to look at my profile under recent posts>more - you'll see plenty in the travis forum - i've been telling la femme i'll be getting right back to the moon landing 'hoax' asap!!
awfy busy tonight - i'll try and drag up something else that bothers me in the physics world in a moment though ;)
thanks for your kind words and support - also to peewee!
yaaaaaaay

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:04 PM Quote
JUST WAIT TIL I GET STARTED ON ASTROLOGY

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:17 PM Quote
Ohhhh I like astrology! Can u read my stars for me??? lmao ;)

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 5:18 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Ohhhh I like astrology! Can u read my stars for me??? lmao ;)

Lol I'm afraid not - and neither can anyone else - and the funny thing is people say "you can't disprove astrology" - and I can do just that - almost 100% - I'll brief you in a wee while lol xx

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:24 PM