Travis

Re: I feel old
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
dear nikki , wait until someone calls you "mam " then yer olde

someone called me ma'am at work when i was like 17. And i occasionally get that when im shopping or something. "Have a nice day, ma'am." my god, i am 23 and not a ma'am!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Yeah, I get mammed all the time now. It is depressing.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
I feel bad for Ric - people were still shitting in outhouses, and marvelling at 'talkies' when he was a lad!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Yes nothing makes me feel older. Especially when the person saying it doesn't seem that much younger than me. Call me miss if you're being polite but please stop with the ma'am!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
I feel bad for Ric - people were still shitting in outhouses, and marvelling at 'talkies' when he was a lad!!

Before talkies people knew how to act gawd dammit

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

hahahahaha. Poor Ric. He must have trouble getting used to this whole "internet thing." he was just getting used to the concepts of the wheel and fire.

dee
dee Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:21 PM Quote
reminds me of a certain somebody who complains about kids going around dressed in shades of brown and carrying dunlop bags which they pay horrible amounts of money for now but which he used to be pissed off at having to wear when he was a kid.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Moray wrote:

hahahahaha. Poor Ric. He must have trouble getting used to this whole "internet thing." he was just getting used to the concepts of the wheel and fire.

you don't know how correct you are

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
dee wrote:
reminds me of a certain somebody who complains about kids going around dressed in shades of brown and carrying dunlop bags which they pay horrible amounts of money for now but which he used to be pissed off at having to wear when he was a kid.

i wonder who that is *ponders* he's right though retro + vintage = belle and sebastian fans :)

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
dee wrote:

haha, I can't believe Dubz is getting to moan vicariously on this thread!!

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

someone called me ma'am at work when i was like 17. And i occasionally get that when im shopping or something. "Have a nice day, ma'am." my god, i am 23 and not a ma'am!

On the flipside, I love being called 'Sir'! It makes me feel like a proper man!!

dee
dee Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
dee wrote:

haha, I can't believe Dubz is getting to moan vicariously on this thread!!

don't worry i'm sure he'll manage to find a way to rant about paul maccartney and coldplay in this thread at some stage too.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
isn't McCartney like a official SIR ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
isn't McCartney like a official SIR ?

this is true.
Maybe Moray will get knighted and he can always be a sir

mili
mili Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

There's an outhouse in most Finnish summer cottages…

Anyone here used a Telex machine? I once had a summer job at ship brokers', where one of my duties was to send telex messages my boss had prepared ready in those cute papertapes. Sometimes a machine would start ringing, and then there was somebody wanting immediate attention at the other end, kind of a stone age Messenger. The same company had one über moder machine, the telefax!!!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:45 PM