Travis

Re: Girls who swear
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 1:51 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I still wanna know why the 'C' word is offensive to women when they have a 'C' themselves. I just don't get it and really would like to understand.

Right. And you're using that female body part to show disgust towards another person. By calling someone that term it's showing you dislike them or think negatively of them. And there is nothing wrong or negative about being female and having that part! lol...does that make more sense?

Ohhhhh right I get that now, thankyou. So is it the same thing calling someone a cock or a dick?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 2:32 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I still wanna know why the 'C' word is offensive to women when they have a 'C' themselves. I just don't get it and really would like to understand.

Right. And you're using that female body part to show disgust towards another person. By calling someone that term it's showing you dislike them or think negatively of them. And there is nothing wrong or negative about being female and having that part! lol...does that make more sense?

Ohhhhh right I get that now, thankyou. So is it the same thing calling someone a cock or a dick?

I can hardly believe I'm commenting on this, but my husband and I have had this discussion. Our conclusion is there is no male equivalent of the "c" word. Men are so darn proud of their "part," it is really difficult to come up with a word offensive enough. (Men stop reading here.)

A woman's "v" has very private uses other than sex, two of them are necessary but not pretty or pleasurable, childbirth and the monthly visitor. Women carry this burden, hopefully most of them with dignity and discretion. To call it a "c" just strikes a bad nerve, making it dirty and disgusting. It's an insult to what makes it possible to continue the human race.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
I prefer the term 'snatch', but no-one ever calls anyone else a snatch. Go figure.

spid
spid Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 2:39 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

I can hardly believe I'm commenting on this, but my husband and I have had this discussion. Our conclusion is there is no male equivalent of the "c" word. Men are so darn proud of their "part," it is really difficult to come up with a word offensive enough. (Men stop reading here.)

A woman's "v" has very private uses other than sex, two of them are necessary but not pretty or pleasurable, childbirth and the monthly visitor. Women carry this burden, hopefully most of them with dignity and discretion. To call it a "c" just strikes a bad nerve, making it dirty and disgusting. It's an insult to what makes it possible to continue the human race.

That just about sums it up. I've been dwelling on this cos i swear (in moderation) but this is a word i would never use and do take offence at. The vagina is a nice comfy place, as is a fanny, but a 'c' is implied to be dirty and smelly and offensive and the word is incredibly derrogatory. There is no male equivalent. Not a nice word.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 2:39 PM Quote
Men are proud of their private parts, but some women might be proud of theirs! And not all women have children. I probly am missing some important points, but I feel that if it's seen acceptable to call someone a dick, it's alrite to call someone a pussy.

Ooh, another question. The C word and 'pussy'. Are they both as unacceptable as eachother? (Apologies to anyone who might get offended by my use of that particular p word, but there are many p words, I had to use it so you know which one I am on about)

spid
spid Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 2:45 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Men are proud of their private parts, but some women might be proud of theirs! And not all women have children. I probly am missing some important points, but I feel that if it's seen acceptable to call someone a dick, it's alrite to call someone a pussy.

Ooh, another question. The C word and 'pussy'. Are they both as unacceptable as eachother? (Apologies to anyone who might get offended by my use of that particular p word, but there are many p words, I had to use it so you know which one I am on about)

Nah, pussy is completely different - conotations of soft and furry and sweet. Two different leauges. You call someone a pussy when they are being a wimp or afarid i.e. 'don't be a pussy' it's almost whimsical compared to 'c'

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I prefer the term 'snatch', but no-one ever calls anyone else a snatch. Go figure.

yeah your right , hope it makes a comeback

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Comeback? Did people used to say it then?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 2:56 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Nah, pussy is completely different - conotations of soft and furry and sweet. Two different leauges. You call someone a pussy when they are being a wimp or afarid i.e. 'don't be a pussy' it's almost whimsical compared to 'c'

But they are both essentially the same thing. What about twat?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 2:59 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Comeback? Did people used to say it then?

sure , that Jr wells song , snatch it back and hold it , was a influnence

spid
spid Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
spid wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

But they are both essentially the same thing. What about twat?

Weeellll, yes they are the same thing but on a sliding scale of nastiness of 1 - 10 (10 being really gross) pussy is about a 2 snatch about a 4 twat about a 5 and 'c' a definate 10.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
Gotta admit I hate the 'c' word too, it's vile.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 3:53 PM Quote
The last few posts made me lol! Oh, I searched 'cnut' in wikipedia. It's surprisingly informative:

Wikpedias take on The 'c' word

spid
spid Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
The last few posts made me lol! Oh, I searched 'cnut' in wikipedia. It's surprisingly informative:

Wikpedias take on The 'c' word

MMM, very interesting!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 11 Jan, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Lemon Grinner wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Well said Kayte. That's what I was getting at with my post. I agree 100%.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:10 PM