Travis

Re: Most Recent Word you found you were using Incorrectly
la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 4:41 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
but wouldn't saying , " Rosie and I " , kinda make it dramatic ?

It may sound dramatic if you aren't used to it, but it is correct since 'I' is in the nominative case. Same thing with 'It is I'. People give me strange looks when I say that...

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
It won't :) Just ignore anything negative and keep on with the community spirit.

Some people just need to be kept in line with what they say sometimes, and anyone can do it for the benefit of everyone. People have done it for me before (years ago- when i was slagging James Blunt, naturally ;) ) and i don't mind that, as long as nobody gets all stuffy about it if we try to keep this place clean with them and others.

Hey Paul how are ya? I was having a wee look at the 'Pet Peeves' post and noticed you said a Miss T was one of your peeves. It's not me is it?!?
:)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 4:57 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
but wouldn't saying , " Rosie and I " , kinda make it dramatic ?

It may sound dramatic if you aren't used to it, but it is correct since 'I' is in the nominative case. Same thing with 'It is I'. People give me strange looks when I say that...

Perfectly explained! lol It just makes sense to me and the way I speak. lol

feri
feri Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 5:24 PM Quote
wow...e-fight..just agree to disagree!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
OK Paul - who the fuck do you think you are? You just went on in your 'pet peeves' post about 'the guy you really hate' and blah blah blah

If you can show me where abouts in that thread i said "the guy i really hate", i'll take it back if it offends anyone(even though it may not have beeen about you- it probably is now though!). Oh and blah blah blah wouldn't hold up as evidence in court, so i'm not going to believe what you're trying to say i'm afraid.

Who the fuck do i think i am? I'm Paul Cuthbert. Easy.
Next question...

And as for insulting people's intelligence. If you can come here and have conversations in languages that aren't your 'native tongue', then i'll believe you that you're intelligent. It certainly doesn't show right now. Until then, don't come here and insult people for no apparent reason at all.

Oh and it's Mr Paul Cuthbert BA to you. And there's you having me believe i lacked intelligence!

ps. Sorry to all other boardies for the totally negative vibe here, but this eejit does my head in

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 10:23 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

If you can show me where abouts in that thread i said "the guy i really hate", i'll take it back if it offends anyone(even though it may not have beeen about you- it probably is now though!). Oh and blah blah blah wouldn't hold up as evidence in court, so i'm not going to believe what you're trying to say i'm afraid.

Next question...

And as for insulting people's intelligence. If you can come here and have conversations in languages that aren't your 'native tongue', then i'll believe you that you're intelligent. It certainly doesn't show right now. Until then, don't come here and insult people for no apparent reason at all.

Oh and it's Mr Paul Cuthbert BA to you. And there's you having me believe i lacked intelligence!

ps. Sorry to all other boardies for the totally negative vibe here, but this eejit does my head in

BA lol - that made me giggle - what a special degree, eintschuldigung sie bitte, solch ein spezieller Grad. Auch, Ich habe nicht "Ich bin intelligent" oder "ich bin sehr intelligent" gesagt.

Not perfect grammar, I'll agree for certain, but close enough to get me by conversationally.

Or would you prefer Latin? No? How about Gaelic which is my second language?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 10:25 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Next question...

BA lol - that made me giggle - what a special degree, eintschuldigung sie bitte, solch ein spezieller Grad. Auch, Ich habe nicht "Ich bin intelligent" oder "ich bin sehr intelligent" gesagt.

Not perfect grammar, I'll agree for certain, but close enough to get me by conversationally.

oooh la la ! you seem so clever knowing all these languages !!!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 10:27 PM Quote
Just out of curiosity, what degree do you have?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 10:37 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what degree do you have?

3 "A" levels in Ignorance, Megalomania, Bullshit

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:47 PM Quote
a BA and i'm not finished yet Dave. Just demonstrating that i'm not lacking in intelligence, as you seem to think.

And congratulations- you learned how to use babelfish. Putting down a few German words doesn't make you intelligent.

Well done Abs btw ;)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:51 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

watch Good Will hunting alot eh ?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:53 PM Quote
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/dumbledorexdies/serious_dontyouknow.jpg

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:53 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
paul_c wrote:
It won't :) Just ignore anything negative and keep on with the community spirit.

Some people just need to be kept in line with what they say sometimes, and anyone can do it for the benefit of everyone. People have done it for me before (years ago- when i was slagging James Blunt, naturally ;) ) and i don't mind that, as long as nobody gets all stuffy about it if we try to keep this place clean with them and others.

Hey Paul how are ya? I was having a wee look at the 'Pet Peeves' post and noticed you said a Miss T was one of your peeves. It's not me is it?!?
:)

Haha, you've misunderstood me. I was talking to Miss T (ie. happy_me, or Tonje), so no it wasn't about you, and it wasn't even anything negative. Can't remember the context but no, i wasn't talking about you. Fans of my music certainly aren't pet peeves! :)

Sorry for the confusion

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:59 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
eintschuldigung sie bitte, solch ein spezieller Grad. Auch, Ich habe nicht "Ich bin intelligent" oder "ich bin sehr intelligent" gesagt.

So it's ok to miss-use words as long as it someone else's language??? ya fuckwit

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 12:02 AM Quote
Fuckwit , that like fuckwad ?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:22 PM