Travis

Re: Song Showdown - News & Discussion
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
If Driftwood goes down, I'm going down with it....

Like a sailor?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Like a sailor?

Guess I had it coming ^^

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 4:51 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Like a sailor?

Guess I had it coming ^^

AHAHAH. Nice kayte
i love crossover thread mocking.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 4:51 PM Quote
erg doubler

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

AHAHAH. Nice kayte

Yes, or as I like to call them COTM's.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Luke, I think some sort of seeding system would be good. I think it would make the showdown more fun and more interesting (it's already fun and interesting), especially in the later rounds. I voted for Side but I look out for Quite Free because I love it. In fact, I kind of regret voting for Side now. lol It looks pretty close between the two. Same with Closer and Last Words. Whereas other songs seem to be winning easily. :)

Go on Ben , quickly edit it whilst Luke's not looking :-P
I voted for Quite Free - I think it's an amazing song. Side has stood the test of time but it's time to make way for the new classics!!!

Haha. No I won't change it. :) But Quite Free is amazing. Glad to see it doing well. Didn't think it had a chance against Side. :) Side is also one of the songs that made me love Travis so it means quite a lot to me and for that reason, it got my vote. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Haha. No I won't change it. :) But Quite Free is amazing. Glad to see it doing well. Didn't think it had a chance against Side. :) Side is also one of the songs that made me love Travis so it means quite a lot to me and for that reason, it got my vote. :)

That was easy for me, I've always thought Side is too... commercial, like you think about Get Up. Ironically I love Sing :)

I have tried not thinking about the choices, just using instinct to choose immediately, and it's completely pain-free! The only problem being that I've probably not chosen my favourite songs... but if I don't look back a page, I won't ever know :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:48 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

AHAHAH. Nice kayte

Oh yes, the COTM's. Gotta watch out for those!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:50 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

AHAHAH. Nice kayte

Oh yes, the COTM's. Gotta watch out for those!

COTM's? Now I'm lost...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
James, I never said Get Up was too commercial. I said it was dull, bland repetitive and boring. Side is a classic. ;)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
James, I never said Get Up was too commercial. I said it was dull, bland repetitive and boring. Side is a classic. ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean that you think it was too commercial, I meant that you find it dull, bland and repetitive like I find Side (well, a bit). You're wrong btw, so shush :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 7:38 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean that you think it was too commercial, I meant that you find it dull, bland and repetitive like I find Side (well, a bit). You're wrong btw, so shush :)

Funny how nearly everyone voted Get Up out the first round and Side got hardly any votes... and is about to beat Quite Free. ;) lol I would never describe a song as 'too commercial'. :) Again, don't want to slag off anything to do with Travis. Love 'em to bits. :) Heard The Ting Tings on the way home from Manchester and thought 'Get Up' is genius compared to this. lol

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Funny how nearly everyone voted Get Up out the first round and Side got hardly any votes... and is about to beat Quite Free. ;) lol I would never describe a song as 'too commercial'. :) Again, don't want to slag off anything to do with Travis. Love 'em to bits. :) Heard The Ting Tings on the way home from Manchester and thought 'Get Up' is genius compared to this. lol

When did I say it's better than Side? Yes, never. ;) Too commercial does sound pretty whiny, but I think you get the gist. I still think the battle between QF and Side should be fiercely contested, unfortunately to the death in this instance :(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

When did I say it's better than Side? Yes, never. ;) Too commercial does sound pretty whiny, but I think you get the gist. I still think the battle between QF and Side should be fiercely contested, unfortunately to the death in this instance :(

When did i say that you said it was better than Side? Yes, never. ;) Hehe.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 9:55 AM Quote
What are you guys arguing about? ;)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:41 PM