Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (12TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
deebee
deebee Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 6:01 PM Quote
All done for this round.
some tough choices (falling Down V Before You Were Young).......and what is with the BIg Chair following???? I just don't get it!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 6:06 PM Quote
Ahh, Big Chair is one of my favourite Travis songs! I didn't know that so many people loved it, it's a pleasant surprise :o)

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (TREAT FOR DEVOTED VOTERS)
deebee
deebee Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 6:06 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Their goalkeeper got sent off in the second half and they didn't have one on the bench so they had to play an outfield player in goal and obviously thought he was their best. He might have experience of playing in goal or something. He did ok.

No, i said we have the top scorer in England. He has 25 goals this season for us. We're in the 3rd league. Not been in the Premiership for 5 years now. Worst run in the clubs history. We're too good for this league though. I'm a Leicester fan and it's proudly stated on my profile page! :) http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/table/default.stm

Sorry for ruining the Travis League thread non football fans! lol Here's our stadium Alex. As you can see, we're a Premier League club. http://www.freewebs.com/tims92/Leicester%20City/Walkers%20Stadium%20pano%202.jpg

Thanks for accepting the friend's request Ben. Would this be a good time to tell you that I used to be a student in Coventry. It's OK though, I never supported their footy team, LOL. Are the Coventry V Leicester matches still a big thing? Or is that all over now?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Can't imagine someone liking one and not the other. Both sum up the reason why I love Travis more than most Travis songs. :)

LOL You really aren't a football fan are you?! How do you think it felt when I looked over and saw the linesman with his flag up. *sigh*

You obviously can't imagine me then. :)

Damn, you found out my non-footbally ways! You can't deny that there was a moment of euphoria even if it was rather quickly replaced by despair or disbelief or anger or all of those :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 6:52 PM Quote
Walking In The Sun vs. Coming Around

Mmmm
I hate that I can only vote one of them
But one has to win ;)

mili
mili Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 6:52 PM Quote
Aww, I was just listening to Ode when I clicked to the voting and Morrissey started playing (one of my favourite songs, too!). A weird and lovely surprise.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 9:08 PM Quote
I'm gutted 'cause Eyes Wide Open and Falling Down are losing :o(.
The tough one to me this round was Indefinitely vs. Broken Mirror. I really like Indefinitely, but I want Broken Mirror to win at least one match... I won't tell for which one I voted, though :oP.
There are a lot of draws this time, well by now there are...
Friends and Big Chair are doing great. Yay! Happy for those :o).
And it seems that nobody likes New Amsterdam...

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (TREAT FOR DEVOTED VOTERS)
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 9:46 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Thanks for accepting the friend's request Ben. Would this be a good time to tell you that I used to be a student in Coventry. It's OK though, I never supported their footy team, LOL. Are the Coventry V Leicester matches still a big thing? Or is that all over now?

lol The city of Coventry hasn't moved so we're still local rivals! :) It's a big game. As is the games against Nottingham and Derby. :)

James, i understand your point. You're right. For 3 seconds i thought we were 1-0 up but it's like someone giving you a £1,000,000 and then taking it away again 5 minutes later. lol

Also pleased to see Big Chair doing well. I don't know why some people don't understand why it's so good. Whereas most of TBWNN sounds a little flat, Big Chair sounds gorgeous. Best production on that album. Less excited to see Friends doing well however. Really pleased to see Quite Free doing well but we shouldn't really be talking about the scores! ;) :P

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 9:55 PM Quote
Whoops, I know, Ben! Sorry, my mistake! *zips up her gossipy mouth* ;oP

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 3:17 AM Quote
Wolfy wrote:

Travisleague is having a reduction of voters.... I hope people will come and vote again before time runs out.....

It's true and I hope this will be only temporary and people don't forget to visit the league. Would awesome if everyone (a major percent, at least) in the board could participate too, maybe in a near future this could happen... *cross fingers*

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 11:04 AM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
Wolfy wrote:

Travisleague is having a reduction of voters.... I hope people will come and vote again before time runs out.....

It's true and I hope this will be only temporary and people don't forget to visit the league. Would awesome if everyone (a major percent, at least) in the board could participate too, maybe in a near future this could happen... *cross fingers*

I think it's only temporary! There are a lot of upcoming shows and stuff that gets peoples attention, understandable of course =)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 09 Feb, 2009 3:35 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
alanistradi wrote:
Wolfy wrote:

I think it's only temporary! There are a lot of upcoming shows and stuff that gets peoples attention, understandable of course =)

Yeah, it's true, that could be a good reason :D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 10:40 AM Quote
About an hour left to vote folks! :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 11:43 AM Quote
I had to close the voting a wee bit early today, cause I have other things to take care of, hope you've all had time to vote!

Resluts and tables will be up in the evening!

Cheers!

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 5:43 PM Quote
Hey, things are going fast!

Results, tables and some other information are avaible over at Travis League!

Now enjoy your evening!

Pages Previous 1...28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:29 PM