Travis

Re: Never Forget...
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:00 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:

I saw that in a news report. The hypocrisy in the world is astounding... no one talks of these things do they?

Well, it didn't happen in the US, so it's not big enough to make it to the news (plus it's not politicaly convenient). Just like the starving children in Ethiopia.

Edit:
I've almost totally given up on this shitty world and its people. I'm optimistic :oP

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 8:10 AM Quote
Michael and Roselle

This story is absolutely amazing to me. I train guide dogs for the blind and I actually got to meet this guy and his guide dog Roselle at a guide dog event where he was speaking. He was working in the WTC the day of the attacks and Roselle was able to safely guide him down 78 flights of stairs. 78.

One of the saddest bits of his speech was when he was talking about how he was going down and there were firefighters and rescue teams going up he would stop and let them pet Roselle and she in turn gave the firefighters tons of kisses. He said he knew that was probably the last demonstration of love that they would ever receive.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
kiwi wrote:

I saw that in a news report. The hypocrisy in the world is astounding... no one talks of these things do they?

Well, it didn't happen in the US, so it's not big enough to make it to the news (plus it's not politicaly convenient). Just like the starving children in Ethiopia.

Edit:
I've almost totally given up on this shitty world and its people. I'm optimistic :oP

That's true. I still get fed up occasionally though I usually tend to be the same... except not optimistic, just resigned to the fact. 'Mankind cannot bear very much reality.'

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
The first thing that the date "september 11" brings to my mind is the coup d'état against the democratic government of Salvador Allende in Chile on september 11, 1973.
Carried out by Augusto Pinochet and supported by the US (Henry Kissinger being a key character), this dictatorship lasted until 1990.

"I don't see why we need to stand by and watch a country go communist due to the irresponsibility of its own people. The issues are much too important for the Chilean voters to be left to decide for themselves." — Henry Kissinger.
(Country's sovereignty? Who cares!).

This military regime of State Terrorism caused 3.000 deaths, 1.100 desaparecidos ("disappeared", people who are still missing), 104.000 tortured people, 500.000 Human Rights violations and 1.000.000 of ill-treated detainees, according to the Vicaría de la Solidaridad.

"Supported by the US" is an understatement. Financed and impulsed by the US would be more accurate. The US also provided the training of the military men in torture and military intelligence to spread terror (in the School Of The Americas). The same thing goes for the rest of Latin American dictatorships that started in the 70s. In Argentina we have 30.000 missing people. NEVER FORGET.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 2:22 AM