Re: Dougie=) Thanks for your guitar pick!It means so much to
damon
damon Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 3:34 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
damon wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
damon wrote:
show us a pic !!!

there u go damon..i changed my main avatar.it has the image(rather blurry though) of dougie's pick!

nice,,, in my pics i also have one !! i never expected from hi,, and he just gave it to me in the airport, those guys are the coolest !!

i propuse a toast for dougie !!

woW!!!!that's reallY awesome!i'll be so awestruck if i meet them face to face=))) what more if they gave me their guitar picks*)

i see ur avatar shows u playing the guitar.have u ever used the pick he gave u before??that would be sooo nice...now that i got his pick i promised myself that i'll learn how to play the guitar and the 1st song i'll play will definitely be a Travis song=DDDDDD

yes you should,,, i'ver never payed with them, i could not !!

altough you mind find it a little uncomfortable to play with dougies picks, they are a little hard for guitar,,, but don't give up !! cheers!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
damon wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
damon wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
damon wrote:
show us a pic !!!

there u go damon..i changed my main avatar.it has the image(rather blurry though) of dougie's pick!

nice,,, in my pics i also have one !! i never expected from hi,, and he just gave it to me in the airport, those guys are the coolest !!

i propuse a toast for dougie !!

woW!!!!that's reallY awesome!i'll be so awestruck if i meet them face to face=))) what more if they gave me their guitar picks*)

i see ur avatar shows u playing the guitar.have u ever used the pick he gave u before??that would be sooo nice...now that i got his pick i promised myself that i'll learn how to play the guitar and the 1st song i'll play will definitely be a Travis song=DDDDDD

yes you should,,, i'ver never payed with them, i could not !!

altough you mind find it a little uncomfortable to play with dougies picks, they are a little hard for guitar,,, but don't give up !! cheers!

oh cooL!thanx=)) i'll never give up definitely...i'll remember ur advice...thanx again!!!

ashleymummy
ashleymummy Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 2:22 AM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
ashleymummy wrote:

I saw u guys with the towel! U gals are lucky! It was really an amazing moment, my 1st time LIVE with them. I tot they'll never have an Asia Tour anymore, since they sort of 'mia' from Asia scene for really long.

I was really surprised to hear from the Radio that TRAVIS was coming down for the SINGFEST on last Friday.. immediately I went to Sistics Online to purchase the tixs. If that moment I din turn on the Radio.. I will never ever see them LIVE at all. I'm still in clouds nine now, havent wake up from that Sat nite. hehe.. Pass few days, I've been watching their Youtubes in the office.. :P
My 3 YO gal whom is also a Travis fan, but she only recognize Fran & I introduce her "Closer" MTV when she was 2 YO. She was so happy at the SINGFEST, kept asking me when is Uncle Closer coming? Why so long? Why so late? Hehe! She dozed off aro 10. I went to join the crowd, my hb was tending her. He woke her up when Travis sang the 2nd or 3rd song. She was smiling when she heard "Closer", & she joined in to jump the POGO at the last part. hee. For past few days, she has been humming & singing her fav ClOSER, she still rem that nite & told me she wanna go UNCLER CLOSER concert again! hehe I'm so delighted to know we share the same IDOL! :D

Fran, you have a 3 YO YOUNG fan here! She keeps telling me she LUV you! She wants to see u sing in Singapore again. So pls come back soon, else her Mummy will be too old to POGO by then! hee!

oHHH!!!good to know u saw us with the towels!!haha...we threw the towel onstage later but i dun think they got it...

that's so SweeTTT!!!ur 3 yr old daughter is a fan??they'll be delighted if they know...uncle closer i s such a cute name=DD

and yup me tooo i was so excited when i found out that they were coming!!!i had a panic attack and i knew i had to go onLY for Travis!i was in front the whole time but i went thru super crazy pushing at the mosh pit when the other bands were up 1st but it was definitely worth it when Travis came onstage.It was my 1st time too catching them and they blew my mind aLL throughout=))

Man it was juz awesome and definitely one of the best nights of my lifE! [/quote]

Yeah it was definitely 1 of my best nites too! I will never ever forget tat memorable nite. :) You mean you were already standing there when other bands were playing? I only joined in when SIMPLE PLAN left the stage. Was pretty near the front but still was behind u abit. hehe. Nevertheless, I felt so great to stand so close to them. I really never thot they'll come back to Singapore, u noe! It was like a DReAM COME TRUE FOR ME! I guess tat is what's in ur mind when U noe they will be coming to SIN to perform rite? Me too, having this Panic Attack, but just for 1 day cos I only knew it on 1 AUG! haha! Yeah yeah I know i'm really late to know, but luckily still got tixs for Sat show, I was liked "PHEW........!!"

Yeah my lil' gal is a TRAVIS fan, I duno is she the youngest?! lol Not counting the kids of the Travis' band. lol. But if 1 day TRAVIS is going to open a concert in Indoor Statium next time, I can't bring her along sadly. Unless it is a Festival event at Fort Canning again.

Btw, my gal can sing the whole song of "CLOSER". heee I'm so proud of her. :)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
ashleymummy wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
ashleymummy wrote:

I saw u guys with the towel! U gals are lucky! It was really an amazing moment, my 1st time LIVE with them. I tot they'll never have an Asia Tour anymore, since they sort of 'mia' from Asia scene for really long.

I was really surprised to hear from the Radio that TRAVIS was coming down for the SINGFEST on last Friday.. immediately I went to Sistics Online to purchase the tixs. If that moment I din turn on the Radio.. I will never ever see them LIVE at all. I'm still in clouds nine now, havent wake up from that Sat nite. hehe.. Pass few days, I've been watching their Youtubes in the office.. :P
My 3 YO gal whom is also a Travis fan, but she only recognize Fran & I introduce her "Closer" MTV when she was 2 YO. She was so happy at the SINGFEST, kept asking me when is Uncle Closer coming? Why so long? Why so late? Hehe! She dozed off aro 10. I went to join the crowd, my hb was tending her. He woke her up when Travis sang the 2nd or 3rd song. She was smiling when she heard "Closer", & she joined in to jump the POGO at the last part. hee. For past few days, she has been humming & singing her fav ClOSER, she still rem that nite & told me she wanna go UNCLER CLOSER concert again! hehe I'm so delighted to know we share the same IDOL! :D

Fran, you have a 3 YO YOUNG fan here! She keeps telling me she LUV you! She wants to see u sing in Singapore again. So pls come back soon, else her Mummy will be too old to POGO by then! hee!

oHHH!!!good to know u saw us with the towels!!haha...we threw the towel onstage later but i dun think they got it...

that's so SweeTTT!!!ur 3 yr old daughter is a fan??they'll be delighted if they know...uncle closer i s such a cute name=DD

and yup me tooo i was so excited when i found out that they were coming!!!i had a panic attack and i knew i had to go onLY for Travis!i was in front the whole time but i went thru super crazy pushing at the mosh pit when the other bands were up 1st but it was definitely worth it when Travis came onstage.It was my 1st time too catching them and they blew my mind aLL throughout=))

Man it was juz awesome and definitely one of the best nights of my lifE!

Yeah it was definitely 1 of my best nites too! I will never ever forget tat memorable nite. :) You mean you were already standing there when other bands were playing? I only joined in when SIMPLE PLAN left the stage. Was pretty near the front but still was behind u abit. hehe. Nevertheless, I felt so great to stand so close to them. I really never thot they'll come back to Singapore, u noe! It was like a DReAM COME TRUE FOR ME! I guess tat is what's in ur mind when U noe they will be coming to SIN to perform rite? Me too, having this Panic Attack, but just for 1 day cos I only knew it on 1 AUG! haha! Yeah yeah I know i'm really late to know, but luckily still got tixs for Sat show, I was liked "PHEW........!!"

Yeah my lil' gal is a TRAVIS fan, I duno is she the youngest?! lol Not counting the kids of the Travis' band. lol. But if 1 day TRAVIS is going to open a concert in Indoor Statium next time, I can't bring her along sadly. Unless it is a Festival event at Fort Canning again.

Btw, my gal can sing the whole song of "CLOSER". heee I'm so proud of her. :) [/quote]

yeah i was in the front since 3pm right when the gates were open tt's why i managed to squeeze my way thru to the very front when Travis came onstage=))it wasn't easy getting to the front thou coz i had to endure crazyYYY pushing at the moshpit area plus i was there solely for TRavis.So besides that i had to put up with the crappy music from the other lineups too but of coz Travis made the whole experience worthwhile=DDD

it'd be nice if they made another gig at singapore indoor stadium where it'll be their own gig coz they DESERVE one and we their TRUE fans will get to see and hear more of them but sad for ur daughter too...

P/S:wow i thk ur daughter is the youngest fan of Travis and its sooO cute that she can memorise the whole of closer!!haha;)

Jennny
Jennny Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Like this?
http://re3.yt-thm-a04.yimg.com/image/25/m2/2339325070

I've got one too! I mean we've got one. Or more precisely my sister's got one. Actually picked by the extremely friendly secure man, but anyhow thrown away by dougie :D And my friend's got one too (that i was slightly envious about but i trust that she can give it the respect it deserves, hehe) so we've got two of dougie's plectrums in the same, ehm, neighbourhood!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 6:00 AM Quote
Jennny wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Like this?
http://re3.yt-thm-a04.yimg.com/image/25/m2/2339325070

I've got one too! I mean we've got one. Or more precisely my sister's got one. Actually picked by the extremely friendly secure man, but anyhow thrown away by dougie :D And my friend's got one too (that i was slightly envious about but i trust that she can give it the respect it deserves, hehe) so we've got two of dougie's plectrums in the same, ehm, neighbourhood!

haHA=))awesome to know u've got 2!!ur so lucky..its better if u went wif a a whole bunch of friends or siblings=) like me i got dougie's pick and my sis got his towel..was juz great..can't get that image out of my head!!

mine was picked up by the security man too after it slipped off my hands when dougie threw it to me..haha..i rmbr thkg that was it but luckily the nice friendly neighbourhood security man passed it back to me=DDD

dougie was sooo nice!!i showed him a thumbs up and lip synched the word thank u after i got the pick and he acknowledged me back by smiling and nodding=)))was like in a dream!i definitely went back home hapPY...

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 7:48 AM