Travis

Re: Prom!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 5:32 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Ric is sneaky...he wrote 45 and then edited his post.

Thanks for foiling his sneakiness.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 5:33 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Meridith wrote:
Ric is sneaky...he wrote 45 and then edited his post.

Thanks for foiling his sneakiness.

{insert evil laugh}

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 2:08 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
I went to my first concert, The Who/Grateful Dead , the year you were born

So 1976 you were RAWKING out to The Who/Grateful Dead. Still doesn't answer my question. You could have been 10 or 29 and been at that concert.

I wouldn't say the Grateful Dead rocked out , I was 14 . Hate to admitt it but I saw the real GD 11 times , ACK , last Keith Moon show in the Bay Area . when my kid was 10 I started taking him to shows. He's seen TRAVIS even

th74
th74 Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 2:59 PM Quote
There is no way I will be convinced to post pics of me in either of my prom dresses!

My proms were in 92 and 93. Sequins were the height of prom dress fashion then, ugh. I had my grandma make my dresses, and I loved them (at the time).

In 92 I went with a guy who liked me and asked me to go (cool). But, we was one of those guys who could only communicate with me by teasing me and giving me a hard time (not cool). So come prom, he totally ignored me and didn't talk to me the whole night, because he wanted to be nice to me, but didn't know how to talk to me without teasing me (not cool)! So the next year my girlfriends and I all went in a big group and had a blast, since we all had such a lame time the year before.

Oh, high school memories.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 3:06 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
There is no way I will be convinced to post pics of me in either of my prom dresses!

My proms were in 92 and 93. Sequins were the height of prom dress fashion then, ugh. I had my grandma make my dresses, and I loved them (at the time).

In 92 I went with a guy who liked me and asked me to go (cool). But, we was one of those guys who could only communicate with me by teasing me and giving me a hard time (not cool). So come prom, he totally ignored me and didn't talk to me the whole night, because he wanted to be nice to me, but didn't know how to talk to me without teasing me (not cool)! So the next year my girlfriends and I all went in a big group and had a blast, since we all had such a lame time the year before.

Oh, high school memories.

It would be great to see the sequins but I am glad you at least told your prom story. Boys are weird.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 3:22 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Boys are weird.

you left out rotten and made of cotton , puppy dog tails etc...........

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 4:00 PM Quote
So glad we don't have to go through this ordeal
ditto with bridesmaids aka "i look like a lampshade" stuff.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 4:05 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

You are so lucky. I should start a bridesmaid thread. : ) Thankfully of the 5 (I think) weddings I've been in the dresses haven't been so bad. One I wish I could wear again but it's 4 sizes too big for me (wedding was 8 weeks after baby #2).

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 4:48 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

You are so lucky. I should start a bridesmaid thread. : ) Thankfully of the 5 (I think) weddings I've been in the dresses haven't been so bad. One I wish I could wear again but it's 4 sizes too big for me (wedding was 8 weeks after baby #2).

i like your prom outfit btw.
cannot open yr PM thought...it takes fucking ages !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 5:11 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
i like your prom outfit btw.
cannot open yr PM thought...it takes fucking ages !

I have that problem some days too. I would just post it here but it contained my social security number, address, and (most importantly) my Travis password.

(don't worry, it wasn't super important. it can wait)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 6:35 PM Quote
Here in Argentina we have a different thing. We have this big party, often throwed at a big discotheque or something like that. You don't need to have a date
Guys wear suits (no tox) and girls may wear long or short dresses for the first part (where we invite some teachers and our parents and drink champain) and then they stay in those clothes or wear a disguise. Girls usually wear the same type of disguise. To be quite honest, I think girls dress like whores (very small sexy skirts, lycra pantys (medias de red), that kind of stuff).
The second part of the party starts when all the graduates do a small tour in a train car around the city while drinking a lot of booz, listening to music and singing and then arriving again at the disco.

My graduation party was in 2003 and I wore a black strapless "irregular" dress (my clothing vocabulary sucks!!). Didn't have a date, was very sober while everyone else was drunk so it was kinda boring. For the second part, most of the girls were dressed like the hot version of Red Riding Hood, with tulle skirts... not my style, so I stayed in my dress, even though I hate dresses.
I don't think I have a pic of that...

We ended up having breakfast and then going to school again. I had an oral examination (no one took it cause they were all still drunk) in which I though I'd been brilliant but instead got a lousy 7 xD.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 7:33 PM Quote
This thread makes great reading:) Here in The Netherlands, no such thing as proms. Never had to wear a bridesmaiddress either. Just my own weddingdress, which was bright red:) Still love it, never wore with again though, it's too big for me now..........

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 7:40 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
This thread makes great reading:) Here in The Netherlands, no such thing as proms. Never had to wear a bridesmaiddress either. Just my own weddingdress, which was bright red:) Still love it, never wore with again though, it's too big for me now..........

ooo red! How pretty. I would love to wear my wedding dress again. But it is very definitely a wedding dress. If I cut it above the knee it could be a cute cocktail dress. But then the fantasy of my daughter wearing it someday goes out the window.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 8:24 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:

ooo red! How pretty. I would love to wear my wedding dress again. But it is very definitely a wedding dress. If I cut it above the knee it could be a cute cocktail dress. But then the fantasy of my daughter wearing it someday goes out the window.

I looked back at my prom pictures. I'm not brave enough to let one of those free into cyberspace! It wasn't so much the dress as it was the hair, you see. And the date. (Drummer, by the way.)

Oh, and my wedding dress...mine is also waaaay too big now. (Ha ha ha) Yeah, right!

As a side note, I am delighted to find 3 boardies older than I am.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
As a side note, I am delighted to find 3 boardies older than I am.

ric
me
who else ?

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:25 AM